Pokemon Diamond/Pearl transfer on M3

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Rangent, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    I want to get Diamond/Pearl but just realised that I may not be able to transfer anything from old games to new games because all of my saves are on my M3/computer. Does anyone know if you're able to transfer old Pokemon to the new games (tested it on the Japanese version their DS's with M3)?

2. mr_blonde_88

mr_blonde_88 Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That

Jul 18, 2006
    Bristol (UK)
    you GBA saves are on your M3?

Doesnt the M3 burning software have a link DS-GBA option available?

3. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    I know what he's talking about, and I've been asking here for the past few weeks. I know the newest Game Manager supports it, but when you choose the Diamond/Pearl ROM, you see this:

[​IMG]

The ROMs I have in there that I know it can support are Fire Red and Emerald, both (J)

4. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Gaisuto, have you/can you play the Japanese Diamond/Pearl on your M3? Does the transfer from Emerald/FireRed work?

5. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    That's what I was just saying. Yes, I've beaten the main game and gotten the National Dex of Pearl on my M3, but I can't get the Transfering from Emerald or Fire Red to work, because when I turn on the Link option that message comes up.

6. santakuroosu

santakuroosu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2004
    Boobtown in Titland.
    Rangent, if you're asking if Emerald/Fire Red -> Diamond/Pearl transfer works, the answer is only if they are both on the same language.
    You can't transfer between an english Emerald and a japanese Diamond for example.

7. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    Have you gotten it to work with the M3? How? I do use Japanese GBA ROMs and I still can't get them to acknowledge their existance.

8. santakuroosu

santakuroosu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2004
    Boobtown in Titland.
    I haven't, but all the people who imported D/P over at the serebii forums were reporting that.

9. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    I'm wondering about the M3 using it though, from one ROM to another.

10. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    That I didn't know but now I get that much, but what about transferring pokemon between FireRed/LeafGreen/Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald -> Pearl/Diamond? Usuaully you have to put the Diamond/Pearl cartrage in the DS slot, and the FR/LG/R/S/E cartrage in the GBA slot, but I'm wondering if it is possible to transfer Pokemon with a game on the FR/LG/R/S/E on the M3 to Pearl/Diamond on M3 (in english, when it eventually comes out of corse)?

11. santakuroosu

santakuroosu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2004
    Boobtown in Titland.
    If the DS/GBA linkage on M3 works properly then you should have no problems.

12. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    Has anyone actaully successfully done it? Successfully transfered Pokemon from a GBA rom to a DS rom? Or even from a GBA rom to a DS card (on an M3)?

13. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    I guess not... ooh crap... I wonder if it is even possible.

14. XeNoGeaR

XeNoGeaR GBAtemp Fan

Oct 25, 2002
    Netherlands
    Monnickendam
    Yeah this is some crappy shit..anyway

Transferring from DS GAME (Jap) To eur/usa gba pokemon game dont work.
    Have to be both Jap.

Really strange cause you can link Jap/eur/usa gba pokemons with each other.

@2nd problem is .. they still dont know if you can link a DS game (usa) when it comes out to a eur gba game.

15. Cromat

Cromat Member

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2005
    Iceland
    Well the GBA transfer function for Diamond/Pearl doesn't work yet for G6, and since their the same software I guess it doesn't work for M3 yet either.

16. Rangent
    OP

Rangent GBAtemp Regular

Aug 2, 2005
    United States
    USA
    I found the best way to fix this is to just play one of the actual catrages I own, and transfer what Pokemon I have on my m3 games to the regular catrage. This way I have all of the pokemon I've spent the times on the game developing, and have it all on a cartrage of the type the DS game will be expecting.

17. KillerHunter

KillerHunter Member

Newcomer
    Oct 15, 2006
    Canada
    Hello,

How exactly do you run Pokémon Pearl/Diamond on your M3? I tried but it gives me a white screen when I launch it. Do I need to use a special procedure with M3 Game Manager because it is a Japanese version?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice