Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Save editing

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by schweizter, Apr 28, 2007.

Apr 28, 2007
  1. schweizter
    OP

Newcomer schweizter Member

United States
    How can I change the original trainer and original trainer ID number of all the pokemon in the PC at once?
    PokeSav doesn't have this ability, and I would hate having to go through 493 pokemon changing the number and name!
    I tried using a hex editor on the sav (I know next to nothing about them) to search for the string Ash and and string 53562 (my ID number) but it didn't find anything.
    Does anyone know a way?

Thanks!

2. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Simple. You can't! The only way is to do it manually for all 493 Pok√©mon. Might take a few hours, tho. [​IMG]

3. schweizter
    OP

United States
    The program hex edits the save, so there has to be a way.
    Do you know for sure, or are you saying that because the program doesn't have the option?

4. iamwhoiam

Member iamwhoiam Honorary R4 Fanboy

United Kingdom
    Pokesav, the only save editor that we know of for pokemon saves doesn't have the option.. and it's not being developed any more. So, manually it is then

5. schweizter
    OP

United States
    But doesn't pokesav just hex edit the sav file?
    If it does that automatically, there has to be just a bunch of "Ash" (however it is encoded) in my sav file where I can do a find and replace.
    I saw some japanese site that shows how a sav file is split up in a hex editor, but it is hard to understand because google translate isn't very good at it.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=e...cial%26hs%3DgSq

6. XMog

Newcomer XMog Newbie

So make a copy of your save file, edit the OT for one Pokemon, then do a compare on the two save files to see what changed?

And hope there's no global checksum for validity.