Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Ranger/Etc

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Vinceisg0d, Apr 5, 2008.

Apr 5, 2008
  1. Vinceisg0d
    OP

Newcomer Vinceisg0d Member

Canada
    Hi there =)

A bunch of questions regarding the ability to move Pokemon from one cart to another. Let's start off with saying what I have:

NDS+R4
    Pokemon Pearl [Real]
    Pokemon Diamond [Real]

What I plan on buying:

EZFlash 3 in 1
    One of the GBA Pokemon

First off, the above are for two DSes, one for my GF, one for me. I have the R4, she doesn't, which is why we're getting one of the GBA games, and one Cart. Now, let me barrage you with compatibility questions.

#1 - Will I be able to trade from my EZFlash 3 in 1 to my Pokemon Pearl [Real]
    #2 - Will I be able to trade from Pokemon Ranger [R4] to either my Pokemon Pearl [Real] or her Pokemon Diamond [Pearl]
    #3 - She will have no problem trading between her GBA Cart [Real] / Pokemon Diamond [Real], correct?
    #4 - Will she be able to use the EZFlash 3 in 1 without my R4? (If I understand correct, you need the R4 to load it onto the GBA)

Basically, I'm wondering if I will have any compatibility issues between the games, with the above supplied. What can and can't I do? Am I going to have all the above and not be able to complete certain things due to being unable to trade from one platform/device to another?

Okay, now that that is out of the way:

I've only played Pokemon Red / Blue / Pearl / Diamond, we are both going to play one of the ones between those. Which would you recommend so we don't miss anything?

Next, I am really interested in these:

http://www.leetmod.com/index.php?main_page...;products_id=66
    http://www.leetmod.com/index.php?main_page...;products_id=73

But they are out of stock, is there another reliable site with those (Or better Pokemon/FF decals)? I ordered from there once, and was pleasantly happy. Also- do they look as good as in the pictures? I have a black DS, so perhaps the FF one won't look as good,.

Thanks.

2. Dylan

Member Dylan 100 MILES AND RUNNIN'

Australia
    links are kinda screwed

3. Vinceisg0d
    OP

Canada
    Apparently it wont let me directly link:

Just look at the accessories-->decals--> the diamond/pearl one and the white Revenant Wings one.

4. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    1)Is EZFlash a slot-2 pak? If so, then you can't. Slot-2 paks needs slot-1 booting unit to run it.

2)I have R4Ds, usually you can utilize the Wi-Fi to the fullest, sadly I've never used it, noone I know have DS and I can't connect to WFC, but I think it'll be fine

3)Correct, these 2 are Real cart and pak, right? They were made to do what you're trying to do.

4)As I said, slot-2 paks(Flashmes) needs booting unit to run them, without it, they're pretty useless.

5)Pokemon these days were made for profit, and profit only. Red/Blue shares the same Pokemon, but Pearl and Diamond shares different Pokemon at some point. Just choose between Red or Blue, play both Diamond and Pearl

I hope I've answered your questions, but my info about EZFlash is pretty vague, try to ask around a little more.

Edit: now that I've seen your links, those Pokemon Decals looks good. And the FF ones won't do on your Black NDS, it was made for white NDS, due to the fact it shows the sky (you won't like to see black skies, don't you?) and please be aware they're for Nintendo Dual Screen Lite, not Nintendo Dual Screen, got me?

and I have to say, you're pretty lucky your GF wants to play Pokemon, I had a hard time to show them what Pikachu actually is here, are all American girls love NDS?

5. Xeronage

Member Xeronage GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Can't you permanently write games to that EZ 3in1? or am I mistaken with another 3in1 solution.
    In that case you just have to write it once and boot without the R4.

6. jalaneme

Member jalaneme Female Gamer

United Kingdom
    this flash cart u are talking about has a loader that will get in the way when you attempt to transfer pokemon from the gba games into the ds version, what i did was clone my pokemon into the ds version so i wouldn't need any gba carts at all, i have a legit copy of pokemon ruby if i connected my pokemon with diamond my pokemon will be erased on the ruby cart anyway so that's why i cloned them into the ds game, no harm done and no hassle [​IMG]

7. Vinceisg0d
    OP

Canada
    So the EZFlash will NOT work if I want to trade from my EZFlash to my real game or R4? (I could start a new game on the R4 and trade to it from the ezflash if that was a possibility, then trade back to my real cart)

8. Taziz

Member Taziz GBAtemp Regular

Lithuania
    I think your posting in the wrong section [​IMG]

9. Hyperlisk_

Member Hyperlisk_ GBAtemp Regular

United States
    You can back up your save from your retail Pokemon cart, apply some patch (I don't know where it is) to the Pokemon ROM, then the ROM can read from the EZFlash 3-in-1. The Pokemon ROM on the EZFlash 3-in-1 must be flashed to NOR.

And anything flashed to the NOR on the EZFlash 3-in-1 can be played by any GBA/NDS(L).

You _CAN NOT_ transfer pokemon from the EZFlash 3-in-1 to a REAL Pokemon cart.

10. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
    What Hyperlisk said. Basically the patch replaces all EEPROM read instructions with SRAM read instructions. The patch can be found at http://ezflash.sosuke.com

11. Jdbye

Suspended Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

Norway
    Everything except #1 should work fine.
    Decal Girl has good decals, but I don't know if they have FF/Pokemon decals.

12. Vinceisg0d
    OP

Canada
    Damn, that's unfortunate. #1 was the biggest one i wanted to work.

I dont really understand what Hyperlisk said. Are you saying that I can transfer my save on my real cart to my R4, and then trade from my EZFlash to my R4 save of my real cart?

If that is true, is there anyway to get the save back onto the real carT?

13. arctic_flame

Member arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

United Kingdom
  14. Vinceisg0d
    OP

Canada
    Wow thats awesome Flame, thank you so much for the information.

Ordering my EZflash 3 in 1 now, it will suck to go through that process each time I want to trade, but itll be worth it.

Thanks a ton, can't wait to trade myself.