Pokemon Diamond/Pearl doesn't save on EZ4

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by chiseen, Apr 21, 2007.

Apr 21, 2007
  1. chiseen
    OP

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
    I have the latest kernel, client patch, and rom list. Saving doesn't work. When I restart the DS, it just says "First in or not enough power".
    Strangely, saving works with all my other games just fine. Can anyone offer help?

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    well whats even worse is that i can't get either to run (the (J) versions worked fine). I GET WHITE SCREENS.

lord save me!

3. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    just loaded it on my ez flash iv deluxe it works, went to the ez flash forum downloaded the new romlist and it works.

4. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I have an ez IV lite and it saves fine! Download one of the clients from their site. Try them all!

5. bluejay64

Newcomer bluejay64 Newbie

What other clients are there? Or do you mean an older one?

6. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I made a version containing the latest/best stuff a few hours back which works for me, also do not add them with the batch patcher as a few people have said it causes issues:
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=49442

7. chiseen
    OP

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
    It doesn't seem to help. Saving still fails to work.

8. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    That doesn't sound like a client or kernel issue, but a hardware problem (likely the battery). That message only comes up when the flag in the battery backed SRAM hasn't been set telling the EZ4 whether or not it should back it up to SD or not. The only two times that should happen is when you first get your card and it has never been used or your battery died. Any other time that flag would be set. It's strange that other games seem to be working fine, though, I find it hard to imagine how Pokemon could trash that flag.

9. larvi

Member larvi GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Mine saves fine as long as I'm only playing one of the versions. But if I save in diamond, then start up pearl, I loose the diamond save and vice versa. Has anyone else been able to have both pearl/diamond on the same card and get them both to save successfully?

10. chiseen
    OP

Newcomer chiseen Member

United States
    No, thats the problem. I believe other games might be conflicting with with how D/P saves. And I couldn't get either version to co-exist nicely with each other.

11. Slash7

Newcomer Slash7 Newbie

Australia
    I am having the same problem as the original post in this thread. "First in or not enough power" but every other game I have saves fine so I know its not the battery. The software I am currently using is:

[​IMG]

I'm not too sure whether anyone can help me out by telling me what stuff you guys use that works. I am using an Ez iv lite.

12. AeroScap

Member AeroScap GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
  13. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Look in your Saver directory on your SD and make sure that there are actually .sav files for both versions of Pokemon in there and that they are named exactly the same as the .nds file thy belong to (barring the extension of course). My guess would be that you sent the games over w/ a blank name and then renamed them, the savers created by the client also were given blank names but you didn't rename those. Your saves are sticking around in SRAM until you try to play another game, whether it's the other Pokemon version or not... You just haven't noticed because you're fixated on Pokemon currently. [​IMG]

I just ran both versions from my EZ4 LDX: no white screens, no "first in" messages, both versions save and load as expected even w/ both on the same SD. I used EZ4Client 1.03 w/ the 260207 patch and the 061227 firmware on the EZ4.

14. larvi

United States
    My saver directory looks good, 512KB .SAV files for each game. And I believe I was able to save in pokemon, play another (non pokemon) game and come back and the save was intact. So I think it's managing the save correctly. I'm using 1.03 client and 1.68 loader and a romdslist.txt that has the pokemon games in it. I wonder if its a problem that the loader is only using 8.3 names, will try making the 1st 8 chars unique in the game and save names and see if it helps. I've got the real carts for both pearl and diamond now so it's not that big of a deal, but was hoping to get the data from my japanese save games off and traded over.

15. shaffaaf27

Member shaffaaf27 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
  16. larvi

United States
    I downloaded the latest kernal (1.73) from Sosuke's and it looks like it's working for me now. Thanks guys, not sure if the OP got his working or not though.

17. PBC

Member PBC What!? I can change this??

United States
    EZ4 Compact has a unique problem with backing up the save...First in or not Enough Power???

Yeah...here is the fix

Assuming you are already able to start up this rom up and don't get white screens then what you need to do is try to start up pokemon, get the "first in error.." You should still see that a pokemon save file was created in the SAVER Directory. take any spare 256k save file you have hanging around and rename it exactly as the pokemon save is, thus replacing the file.

Now start up the game....go through all that opening stuff...and save in the actual game (pressing X to the menu)

Now if you turn it off it should save when you turn back on.

If you still are getting white screens try this

http://www.4shared.com/file/14578726/905c1..._Clientnew.html

I don't know much about if this will affect later game play by not having enough space (it acutally says 512k when you start up tho)......but enjoy while you can =)