Pokemon D/P Starters help !

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by BoneMonkey, Apr 21, 2007.

Apr 21, 2007

Pokemon D/P Starters help ! by BoneMonkey at 5:57 PM (1,000 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. BoneMonkey
    OP

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    which starter is the best ? this is my first pokemon game

i went to gamefaqs and some guy said get a chimchar and give him these moves

Physical sweeper

Infernape@Muscle Band
    Naive Nature
    EVs:Attack-Speed-Sp.A
    Close Combat
    Fire Blitz
    Grass Knot
    Stone Edge

2. ambitous21

Member ambitous21 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i have played all the previous generations but i've never seen those moves [​IMG]
    but chimchar is good, u can go with him.

3. Knab

Member Knab GBAtemp Fan

United States
  4. BoneMonkey
    OP

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    i just want chimchar plus i want the nature i picked and the gender male

5. slayerspud

Member slayerspud GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    To be fair, ev training is pointless and time wasting until you complete the game, mainly because you will lose a hell of alot on the first few routes, fighting things like Bidoof.

6. Zeroxy

Newcomer Zeroxy Newbie

Croatia
    Well im not very far in this game(just 4th gym but 3 of my pokes are lvl 38-40 XD[got took away by training),but i chose chimchar too,he quite the best,since he can learn lots of strong moves(i =3 close combat) an he will kill fast like hell.
    But u may have some problems witht he first and 4th gym with it(4th aint a prob with a shinx/luxio/luxray).
    Also i want to say something about the 2 other,useless u really need a wall then take the water one,but ll have a hard time at start(his first strong move is at 24,bublebeam >..>,through at his 3rd form he can earthquake ^^

Well thats what i think but u can take whatever u want

7. Zazie

Newcomer Zazie Member

United States
    Chimchar is what I went with in Diamond, and I'm working with Piplup in Pearl.

Infernape is an incredible sweeper. It's fast and it can use retarded sweeping moves like Close Combat and Fire Blitz.

I haven't gotten too far with Piplup other than evolving it to a mere Prinplup, as I don't have too much time in on Pearl.
    But from comparing stats on serebii.net, Empoleon is slow but heavy on the defense and SP defense while having a good type advantage of Water/Steel.

Turtwig, I've no experience with, nor do I plan on having much experience with.
    I've never really liked the grass starters =/

8. Migugu

Member Migugu GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Turtwig is a good pkmn if you want a good attcker and a almost even defencer