Dr.Killa

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had diamond before, but beat it, got bored and sold it. but now i downloaded the platinum rom which i can have more fun with (hacking, level 100 wilds and all that), but people make platinum sound bad. like is it worth playing if i beat diamond before? like the extra features? and do people say it sucks because its just d/p with dumbed up story (the intro) and the extras arent worth it? or what?

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are playing with Roms and not originals then go for Pokemon Platinum Enhanced Edition 1.5.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=153723&hl=

A much improved game, enough differences over Diamond to make it worthwhile (whereas standard Platinum is just more Pokemon).

I love that you can capture Pokemon that previously were only starters.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Dr.Killa said:
i had diamond before, but beat it, got bored and sold it. but now i downloaded the platinum rom which i can have more fun with (hacking, level 100 wilds and all that), but people make platinum sound bad. like is it worth playing if i beat diamond before? like the extra features? and do people say it sucks because its just d/p with dumbed up story (the intro) and the extras arent worth it? or what?

I'm not a pokemon expert, but if you enjoyed Diamond, then you probably will enjoy Platinum especially with the extra area/island that they incorporated into Platinum

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Platinum itself has a better engine, mostly because it's faster than the D/P ones (and one of the things that made me pissed at D/P was the slowness/pauses in battles). It's also a little more narrative driven (although it's still Pokemon, so practically no storyline that's worth while) and has more Pokemon forms (Shaymin, Giratina, etc etc). I think it's better overall.

D

Deleted_171835

Platinum.

Why don't you just download both? It's a flashcart, right? It's not like you're purchasing the games.

Dr.Killa

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only have a 2 gig, filled with snes , neogeo & other old gen roms, some ds games so i would rather just download one since they are like 128 mb. also, i just dont like playing 2-same gen pkmn games at once, it just feels like...idk backtracking?

D

Deleted-236924

You don't like playing two of the same Gen. game at once?
Easy enough. Finish one, then start another.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs