ROM Hack Pokemon Crystal -> Pokemon Platinum

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got an Acekard 2i with AKAIO 1.4.1 PROPER with Pokemon Platinum and I also have Pokemon Crystal that I use with Lameboy (latest). I want to transfer the Pokemon that I've got from that to my Pokemon Platinum save, if at all possible. I also have another DS with Pearl if I need that. I've tried opening with PokeSav but it won't allow it. Is it possible?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
It's not possible, even with legit ways you can't transfer, since the GameBoy Advance games don't receive pokémons from GameBoy and GameBoy Color games. The DS games can only receive pokémons from GBA games, and GBA games can trade only between them.

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
i agree and knowledge with Tomy Sakazaki
since the GB & GBC age ended and GBA age started the GB and GBC games cannot connect to the GBA Games so let alone stand with the DS games.
thus meaning there is no theory other then betting your horses on a pokémon GBA hack

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can. You can do it by using Pokesav. Pretend that you have a Golduck in your Crystal Version and want to transfer it to platinum this is what you do. Enter all your stats of that Golduck into pokesav and then the Pokesav is going to make a Action Replay Code for it and then enter that code on your platinum and there is your golduck.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
jakob95 said:
Yes you can. You can do it by using Pokesav. Pretend that you have a Golduck in your Crystal Version and want to transfer it to platinum this is what you do. Enter all your stats of that Golduck into pokesav and then the Pokesav is going to make a Action Replay Code for it and then enter that code on your platinum and there is your golduck.
Aye, I know that, but my secret ID won't be there. Is there no app like PokeSav that I can open up the Crystal save with?

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The data structure of Pokémons received major changes form Gold/Silver/Crystal to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/GreenLeaf and beyond. The effort value system received major overhauling, so it will be a difficult task to "recreate" your pokémons =\

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tomy Sakazaki said:
The data structure of Pokémons received major changes form Gold/Silver/Crystal to Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/FireRed/GreenLeaf and beyond. The effort value system received major overhauling, so it will be a difficult task to "recreate" your pokémons =\
Damn it. I'll just have to hack it through PokeSav. But how did people in the first place manage to get Chikorita's to P/D/P? Can you not transfer through the GC using Coloseum?

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
well you can transfer from coloseum to ruby/sapphire/emerald and all that kind of things (Check GameFaQs For Link guides to this)
and those to D.P.P (Diamond.Pearl.Platinum)

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get the Hoenn Dex completed in Pokemon Emerald, you can get one of the Johto starter Pokemon. In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, if you beat Mt. Battle by going through the whole thing without stopping (Saving and turning off while in Mt. Battle is still valid as being in Mt. Battle), you can get all 3 of the starters to transfer to R/S/E/Fr/Lg, but you have to do it 3 times. Then you do the Pal Park transfer to D/P/Pt. That's the only way to get the Johto starters in the DS games.

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
T0rnZer0 said:
If you get the Hoenn Dex completed in Pokemon Emerald, you can get one of the Johto starter Pokemon. In Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, if you beat Mt. Battle by going through the whole thing without stopping (Saving and turning off while in Mt. Battle is still valid as being in Mt. Battle), you can get all 3 of the starters to transfer to R/S/E/Fr/Lg, but you have to do it 3 times. Then you do the Pal Park transfer to D/P/Pt. That's the only way to get the Johto starters in the DS games.
Oh. I've got Emerald, but there's no way I'll ever complete it. Hacked FTW!

WalterCool

Trophies
Website
www.slash.cl
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
You can, is easy!

You need a 3in1, play ruby. sapphire or emerald on gba on VisualBoyAdvance and change your pokemons from cristal to that versions....

Then, put ruby/sapphire/emerald on 3in1 and put your save game there...

And voila! On pal park you can see your pokemons!

Enjoy =)

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WalterCool said:
You can, is easy!

You need a 3in1, play ruby. sapphire or emerald on gba on VisualBoyAdvance and change your pokemons from cristal to that versions....

Then, put ruby/sapphire/emerald on 3in1 and put your save game there...

And voila! On pal park you can see your pokemons!

Enjoy =)
Don't have one and not buying one just for moving Pokemon. ¬¬

megawalk

The Legendary SRW Addict
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
it allows Link-up. it plays gba roms. it has a expansion unit which gives you access to DS Browser
it is a rumble pack *Shaking!*
i have a 3 in 1 and it's very handy.
maybe with these reasons you'll buy it ?
tongue.gif

Livin in a box

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
megawalk said:
it allows Link-up. it plays gba roms. it has a expansion unit which gives you access to DS Browser
it is a rumble pack *Shaking!*
i have a 3 in 1 and it's very handy.
maybe with these reasons you'll buy it ?
tongue.gif
Nope. Don't want one. Don't really have the money either. The credit crunch has hit me hard at 14...Heh heh.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It is possible! But, it requires you to edit your save file with Pokesav!
Just write down in a txt file what each of your Pokemon's stats is and then enter that in PokeSav. Their IVs might be slightly different but you CAN do it this way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.