Pokemon Crystal headed to Nintendo 3DS eShop

IMG_5978.JPG

With the successful re-release of the second generation Pokemon games onto the Nintendo 3DS eShop, the "definitive" version, Pokemon Crystal, will also be making its way to the eShop as well. It'll launch on January 26, 2018 for $9.99, and will come with Pokemon Bank compatability, so that you can bring your Pokemon all the way up to Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, from every single mainline Pokemon game. For those that prefer physical releases, there will also be a boxed version that contains the game's download code within. The once impossible to access Celebii event will also be available to the western versions (without cheating) for the first time. A special limited edition Pikachu New 2DS XL will also launch the same day in Europe, while North America will get the PokeBall N2DS XL.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Oh my god finally. I knew they delayed this release instead of realeasing it at the same time as the others to make more money.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
If this revives the Mobile Adapter GB compatibility that was in the Japanese version, I'll consider buying it
Extremely unlikely. They would need to unpack and re-write a ton of codes for an online play that was never there for the western players to begin with. If they were to do it, they would have announced it already. Still, nice reference to a piece of tech that outsmarted the GBA when it came to online play!

Reactions: Catsinabucket

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I KNEW IT! I knew they delayed it on purpose to save/help Gold/Silver sales!

Great to see that we can also officialy get Celebi!

Awesome times! =D

Catsinabucket

Permanently Uncertain
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Extremely unlikely. They would need to unpack and re-write a ton of codes for an online play that was never there for the western players to begin with. If they were to do it, they would have announced it already. Still, nice reference to a piece of tech that outsmarted the GBA when it came to online play!

Oh yeah I'm absolutely expecting it to not have this feature, even in the Japanese version of it, but oh it would be lovely to see it :wub:

There's just something about primitive internet connectivity and online features that I find so endearing

Reactions: KoalaBoy and Yepi69

Pandaxclone2

Pokemon Sprite Artist Hobbyist
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The once impossible to access Celebii event will also be available to the western versions (without cheating) for the first time.

dAl7-eZlzuM.jpg

You mean to tell me that I've spent about almost a decade trying to glitch the Celebi event in my Pokemon Crystal cart, even so much as buying Stadium 2 and the adapter, only for this to happen?

...Meh, at least it'll be interesting seeing how they allow the transfer of the GS Ball. If it's the same as the Japanese version then it'd be a field trip for the Crystal archivists.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
*faints*

trainer uses revive on Flame.

now i need to find a celebi to travel to the future and get this.

Last edited by Flame,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hot damn I love crystal. May legitimately buy the physical copy of this just because I liked that game so much. I've got so many fond memories of cloning a lugia I stole from some kid for the kids at school. Spreading around glitchy merged pokemon was fun too. Nothing's more satisfying than seeing a bunch of kids confused when their hall of fame is filled with garbled data.

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nothing spectacular, but it is nice to see a definitive version of classic gen II Pokemon on 3DS. This is the ultimate Pokemon experience if we talk about oldy stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...