ken28 GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    From what I remember it was leaked from someone in the production

Ericthegreat and dazindude like this.
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...
    Supervisor

Poland
    The game is objectively underwhelming, lots of aspects have been neglected or executed poorly - the game features sparsely animated low-poly models with low resolution textures, it suffers from *extreme* pop-in issues by design because Gamefreak doesn't know how to handle clipping or culling, it has significant performance issues with framerate anomalies all over the place, the weather system is ridiculous to such an extent that you can have a bike ride through four seasons of the year in less than a minute and some content is straight-up missing - I'm not even talking about the Pokedex, I'm talking about backgrounds that either don't match the environments or are replaced by a void. It's lazily made and inadequate, the studio clearly phoned it in because they couldn't stand up to the task of making a next gen Pokemon game *or* they didn't care since they knew that fans like you would defend it to the grave anyway, regardless of how poor the game is. Sword and Shield are a mile wide, but only an inch thick, especially compared to titles like BOTW or Mario Odyssey which actually show what the hardware can do. I could excuse all the cut content if the game was at least a technological marvel, but it is neither expansive nor particularly impressive. "Why aren't you just playing something else" is not a valid criticism, you should expect more from a full retail price title.

3. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Mexico
    Not really. You can also be tracked using JavaScript.

LonelyPhantom and Ericthegreat like this.
  4. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an Enlightened Being

United States
    What good is a subpoena against 4chan? Everything there gets purged after so much inactivity, and there are reply limits. If there were anything there, its gone now.

Subtle Demise, grey72 and Sinon like this.
  5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    You would be surprised, this could very well be used to get an IP range that could further incriminate the internal leaker, and this way it's also a bigger scare tactic, I wouldn't be surprised if this all stops here.

CrossOut likes this.
  6. dAVID_

dAVID_ Electrician's Apprentice

Mexico
    Maybe 4chan keeps a log of user data, who knows.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

EDIT: From 4chan rules:
    What personal information is collected?

4chan collects and stores user information for postings. Once a post is pruned or deleted, it is removed from our web server. We value the privacy of our users, and will not make private information such as IP addresses available to others, except to comply with court orders or to cooperate with law enforcement agencies when appropriate.

chartube12, CrossOut and WeedZ like this.
  7. Darksabre72

Darksabre72 Blue Falcon

United States
    i wish the same but most pokemon games don't usually have updates or dlc

8. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    Do you not know what an NDA is?

9. fadx

fadx Filthy Cheater

United Kingdom
    With how early the first leaks came out, no store should have had any copies. It wouldn't be too far of a stretch to think that some cartridges were stolen somewhere in the manufacturing/distribution line.

EDIT: People are saying this is regarding the guidebook leaks. Why would there be 3 people of interest they're looking for and why would they not go after the guy that leaked far more than the guidebook leaker and the leaks were basically at the same time. Maybe I missed them explicitly saying they're going for guidebook leakers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  10. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    They're putting more effort into pursuing the leakers than making the game.

11. bobmcjr

bobmcjr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    At this point, I'm not sure I care about the results of this suit too much. I'm just hoping this lawsuit gains some amount publicity among the general public so they can see what ludicrously litigious corporations Nintendo and Friends are.

"iRrEpArAbLe DaMaGeS"

CrossOut and Sinon like this.
  12. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

United States
    That's a bad assumption. Look at the Sun and Moon leaks. What happened after everyone was banned? Everyone learned how to unban themselves, and continued to use a pirated copy of the games. I guarantee only a tiny percentage of people bought a brand new 3DS and the games after being banned.

CrossOut likes this.
  13. MythicalData

MythicalData GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yeah, buuuuuuttt that's not what happened here

14. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Argentina
    They should use IRC for that, been working like charm for that since decades ago.

15. Sophie-bear

Sophie-bear The Coolest Bear Around

United States
    Not if their copy of the game was not legitimately obtained, or if they had a review copy and an NDA... or if they broke street date by yoinking something out of the retail store they work in before it was supposed to be out, be it a guide or the game itself.

16. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    they need to add "game leaker" otherwise they cant go after the game leaker too Subpoenas need to be very specific on who/what the courts can request btw 4ch iirc isn't subpena friendly just like TPB annon users (though i imagine after this they'll stop their anti vpn policy to protect it's user base

17. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Pretty tough coming from a company who reuses assets from the 3DS iterations

chartube12 likes this.
  18. EJW

EJW Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So?

Sophie-bear likes this.
  19. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    I don't think the leakers should be sued. They should countersue if anything. This whole thing is fucking absurd. Some people get things before the official release. Now if they had STOLEN the guide, I could understand having grounds to sue them. But I don't think that's the case here. Nintendo is just sue-happy.

Subtle Demise and chartube12 like this.
  20. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Shows how lazy developers can be. I hardly see how the leaks were "harmful" to their reputation. Lots of pokemon cut, art style is meh at best, especially after claims that the models required "lots of work" to be put in the game.

Funny how they can allocate resources and funding for litigation, but can't be bothered to polish and fix issues in a game.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - guidebook, continues, subpoena