Pokemon Colosseum trade pokemon (Black Wii)

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by n00bhacker, Aug 7, 2015.

1. n00bhacker
    OP

n00bhacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Canada
    Hey everyone

I recently Homebrewed a Black Wii (without Gamebue ports) and so far so good. I've been using Nintendon't along with the official gamecube adaptor that came with smash for the WiiU to use Gamecuebe controllers with gamecube games. It's been working great, even being able to connect my gba to play Four Swords Adventures. Now I'm trying to transfer Pokemon from Colosseum to my gba copy of Sapphire. The game ask me to insert my gba into slot 2 and turn it on but it doesn't recognize. Is there a fix or workaround for this, or am I completely screwed because I'd need a wii with built in Gamecube ports?

Thank for any help guys, you rock.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    you really require a wii with gamecube ports for that...
    it doesn't work for several reasons
    using that adaptor is the equivalent of using a usb gamepad,
    there is not a workaround...

3. n00bhacker
    OP

n00bhacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Canada
    Thanks for the quick response. That makes perfect sense, time to hunt one down :)

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    as an alternative (not sure about the price differences) but you could also get a real gamecube+ the games, it would be a sweat bonus since you could get a gba player and play with your catridges on your tv.. (this is what i plan to..)

however a wii probably is much easier, and you can also use it for easily manage saves on a gamecube card... (like trasnfer them to pc or emulators)
    i am not sure if nintendon't supports the gba connection.. but you could use dios mios to solve that anyway..

5. n00bhacker
    OP

n00bhacker Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 13, 2015
    Canada
    Funny enough I actually have all of that stuff. I've still got my original Colosseum disk too. I'm going through the homebrew stuff so I can get the ageto Celebi which after a lot of trial and error I got from the Japanese version over to the US version of the game. I suppose my other option is to find a memory card that i can connect to my PC and move over the save file and then I should be able to do the trade on my gamecube.

Good luck finding all the components for your pokemon journey, I know it can sometime be a pain... especially the gba player