ROM Hack Pokemon Card Game Asobikata DS

GioTakashiroNicp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
My friend and I have a very heart warming tale about nostalgia and thought it'd be awesome to have a Pokemon TCG for the DS. I'm so desperate for it!

If there already is a english patch please by all means someone link me!
Thanks guys.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could always go to the www.pokemontcg.com to play but you would have to play single player first to get mores then play but if you want better chances get some on codes or something from the newest B&W boosters or get the codes online.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's basically just a tutorial program anyways, not a real game. PTCGO mentioned above is better, although you'll probably have to sink a few bucks if you want to use anything more than the basic free decks.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy has said all that needs to be said, but I'd like to add something.

Alternatives to Pokemon Trading Card: Asobikata DS:
  1. If you wanted the set for the card collection, then the sets are the Generation 5 Green Tornado, Blue Assault, and Red Frenzy starter packs. They can be bought separately, most likely for a much cheaper price than what they go for in this set (unless you want to import the Japanese card sets. That may get pricier).
  2. If you wanted the set for a Trading Card DS game, then move on to Yu-Gi-Oh! or emulate Pokemon Trading Card Game 1 or 2 for the Game Boy Color. There is not much of an alternative for the Nintendo DS, and absolutely no official/legal Pokemon-based alternatives.
  3. If you wanted the set for just another Trading Card game of any kind, then may I suggest the already-suggested official Pokemon Trading Card Game flash game at this website?
I must also say that there's a chance that this game teaches Japan's rules instead, if the rules between Europe/North America and Japan are different. It may not teach competition rules, either. So even if you DID want this to learn how to play, it may not be the exact way for your region or competition-friendly.

Reactions: 1 person

GioTakashiroNicp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
FireEmblemGuy has said all that needs to be said, but I'd like to add something.

Alternatives to Pokemon Trading Card: Asobikata DS:
  1. If you wanted the set for the card collection, then the sets are the Generation 5 Green Tornado, Blue Assault, and Red Frenzy starter packs. They can be bought separately, most likely for a much cheaper price than what they go for in this set (unless you want to import the Japanese card sets. That may get pricier).
  2. If you wanted the set for a Trading Card DS game, then move on to Yu-Gi-Oh! or emulate Pokemon Trading Card Game 1 or 2 for the Game Boy Color. There is not much of an alternative for the Nintendo DS, and absolutely no official/legal Pokemon-based alternatives.
  3. If you wanted the set for just another Trading Card game of any kind, then may I suggest the already-suggested official Pokemon Trading Card Game flash game at this website?
I must also say that there's a chance that this game teaches Japan's rules instead, if the rules between Europe/North America and Japan are different. It may not teach competition rules, either. So even if you DID want this to learn how to play, it may not be the exact way for your region or competition-friendly.
Thanks so much, man. I mean I already knew how to play because of the 1st TCG game for the GB Color. I was hoping it was a legit new game with wireless compatibility. :(
I play Yugioh (but very unfamiliar with the new junk like XYZ cards and Synchro cards and the like) but my friend and I want to play pokemon, battle and trade cards and etc just to have an updated feel of the nostalgia. I don't want to have a physical link to our games to actually do this. But thanks bros. I already play PTCGO. :D

I appreciate it.
One Pokemon Love, all!

Valiarchon

trentacles
Trophies
Website
about.me
XP
Country

Unsure about competition, since I haven't played comp for a good eight years or so now, but the rules don't change from region to region, they're just in a different language :P As far as I can tell from my half hour play of it, it's standard.

Anyway, as far as translation goes, I took a look at the rom, and it seems a bit ick haha. There is a request thread for things like this, but I seriously think you'll have a hard time convincing someone to bother working on this. As previously stated, it's mostly just a tutorial (albeit with a multiplayer game?), and it doesn't look like the easiest game to work with (don't take my word for it though haha, I'm still a novice when it comes to the hacking side of things)

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
You can always play Pokemon TCG 2 with tgbdual, I'm sure that one has netplay. I also know a page where you can play online (up to the discovery editions), but it's in spanish.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The rules have had littles changes from the earlier version tho, B&W added a few more rules, got rid of others etc... but the online Pokemon TCG is pretty awesome, I rarely have time to play tho. ;_;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality