INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what the fuck is this horrible folder layout
all i wanted is to get some cheats and not figure out how to build a fucking rocket

and instead of a billion gba temp threads for all kinds of different games, why is a cheatdatabase not properly sorted on github?

For the love of god, please change the folder structure to something like

• cheatcodes
    • BD
        • cheatfile
        • cheatfile
    • SP
        • cheatfile
        • cheatfile
        • cheatfile
        • cheatfile
So people can just grab the folder they need and place it into the atmopshere/contents/<tid>/cheats folder themself.

In your first post is a zip to download with the folders "15-01-22 Main codes" and "MASTERCOPY ALL CODES DO NOT USE" but they have exactly the same files. why is this a thing? Also, "bc259f7ee8e79a49.txt" has wrong line endings.

Sorry but how did you earn the Developer role on this forum??

Unbenannt.PNG
It's 2022, please use something other than notepad to view txt files. C'mon man.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's 2022, please use something other than notepad to view txt files. C'mon man.
is that your solution? use a different editor?
i use visual studio code as my main editor and it would even notify me about the line endings being wrong for a windows computer. Hiding a problem does not fix it.

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
is that your solution? use a different editor?
i use visual studio code as my main editor and it would even notify me about the line endings being wrong for a windows computer. Hiding a problem does not fix it.
If you actually fucking read anything in that file or in this thread youd see.

The master files at least for 1.1.3 has more cheats (being all the cheats) there is a readme with instructions for special individuals like yourself.

The master file for 1.1.3 has too many codes for atmosphere to use the file properly. So the other folder the one you go inside and drag and drop onto root and 1 and done cause its that simple has less cheats to be able to be read.

Also yeah use something not as outdated as notepad.. your notepad format is the only one that made the cheats look like that out of all the people in this thread.

If youd rather i use github i sure can. But i cant guarantee it will help you follow instructions at all.

Have a great day kid. <3

Reactions: INSTRUMENTAL

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

The master files at least for 1.1.3 has more cheats (being all the cheats) there is a readme with instructions for special individuals like yourself.

The master file for 1.1.3 has too many codes for atmosphere to use the file properly. So the other folder the one you go inside and drag and drop onto root and 1 and done cause its that simple has less cheats to be able to be read.

Also yeah use something not as outdated as notepad.. your notepad format is the only one that made the cheats look like that out of all the people in this thread.

If youd rather i use github i sure can. But i cant guarantee it will help you follow instructions at all.

Have a great day kid. <3

Yeah i am trying but you make it really hard because your instructions are badly written, your folder structure sucks and your naming convention makes absolutly no sense at all.

I checked 2 files of the folder and they are absolutly identical. and why do they have so stupid names? just name them "additional cheats" or something that makes it understandable for a normal human being

Also yeah use something not as outdated as notepad..
Notepad is a perfectly fine choice to view textfiles. And even in Visual Studio Code i can see that the wong line endings are used.
Using a "more modern" editor which just hides issues is not a solution
Unbenannt.PNG

I dont care if you use github or not. But a github repository can be a good place for multiple games having a "cheat database" over there. it can be colaborated and improved and its certainly a better solution than creating multiple different GBATemp threads for cheats. But please dont go there if you keep your fucking horrible folder layout.

And i aks again who the fuck did you bribe to get your developer role

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Slluxx Visual Studio is for editing code written in various high level languages. The errors you are seeing is because the cheats, while technically code, are not a language, per se, they are instructions. The line ending shit you are speaking of, is entirely irrelevant for this very reason.

Notepad is NOT "perfectly fine", as you ignorantly claim, as it does stupid shit like fuck with the layout, as you can see in the photo you posted.
Let me also be crystal clear, Visual Studio is not a text editor.

As @SkyQueen has informed you, because you don't understand this, you have made issues only for yourself. If you would bother to spare some time to read the main page you could figure this out yourself (if you bothered to actually think, that is).

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Cheat file uploaded to github if anyone wants with a seperate download for the copies including all cheats :)

Also if you have issues with line endings i guess blame all of us code creators as they are all copied directly into it that is all.

https://github.com/Arch9SK7/BDSP/releases

It will be all posted in here from now on for our special friend :)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Slluxx Visual Studio is for editing code written in various high level languages. The errors you are seeing is because the cheats, while technically code, are not a language, per se, they are instructions. The line ending shit you are speaking of, is entirely irrelevant for this very reason.

Notepad is NOT "perfectly fine", as you ignorantly claim, as it does stupid shit like fuck with the layout, as you can see in the photo you posted.
Let me also be crystal clear, Visual Studio is not a text editor.

As @SkyQueen has informed you, because you don't understand this, you have made issues only for yourself. If you would bother to spare some time to read the main page you could figure this out yourself (if you bothered to actually think, that is).
LMAO what the fuck. you clearly have no idea about what VSC is and how its used. based on your explanation, any textfile should looks like that, right?
dont fucking try to explain tools to me that i use as a developer by profession

Unbenannt.PNG

Line endings are a windows / unix thing. they have nothing to do with files, file extensions, code of a certain language or whatever you call instructions. windows uses Carriage Return and Line Feed (“\r\n”) which in VSC is displayerd as CRLF. Unix/Linux/Mac OS uses just Line Feed (“\n”) which is displayed as LF. Notepad gets confused from linux files because it doesnt see a proper "new line" and thus prints it all in one. it has nothing to do with how outdated notepad is. Notepad is displaying the file as it truly is "in windows".

Last edited by Slluxx,

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
LMAO what the fuck. you clearly have no idea about what VSC is and how its used. based on your explanation, any textfile should looks like that, right?

Unbenannt.PNG
What are you on man, I never for a second claimed every text file should have a specific layout.

"based on your explanation, any textfile should looks like that, right?"
What? Did you even read what I wrote? In regards to text editing, I simply informed you that, 1. Notepad fucks with formatting, and 2. VSC is not a text editor.
Yes, I'm aware that you can edit text files in VSC. I'm trying to tell you that because it's not strictly a text editor, the errors you were seeing were irrelevant to the function of the cheats and how they are laid out in the BD SP cheat files.
My point being that just because I can spread butter with my toes, doesn't mean my toe is a butter knife, and that doing so creates complications.
Seriously, take a minute to read and actually think, instead of being a whiny prick.

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Unbenannt.PNG

Line endings are a windows / unix thing. they have nothing to do with files, file extensions, code of a certain language or whatever you call instructions. windows uses Carriage Return and Line Feed (“\r\n”) which in VSC is displayerd as CRLF. Unix/Linux/Mac OS uses just Line Feed (“\n”) which is displayed as LF. Notepad gets confused from linux files because it doesnt see a proper "new line" and thus prints it all in one. it has nothing to do with how outdated notepad is. Notepad is displaying the file as it truly is "in windows".
If you want to be contructive then by all means send me a fix for making it look proper to your linux system. I'll then see if it causes any issues if not ill update everything with it. Thank you for the input.

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you want to be contructive then by all means send me a fix for making it look proper to your linux system. I'll then see if it causes any issues if not ill update everything with it. Thank you for the input.
i dont even care about the line endings. i was just pointing it out as an error. and it is one, if you like it or not.

i have proposed a fix for the horrible folder layout and to rename the folders

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
now its "MASTERCOPY ALL CODES DO NOT USE" which makes no sense in english.
and the folder layout is not fixed either. all version are just mixed together

if you want users to read and know something, do that in the readme and not as foldernames. instructions dont belong there
You wanted a drag and drop
you want them all labeled
I cannot do both. 1 drag and drop and you have a fully set up cheat file for all version of both games... it cannot get any simpler. If you don't know how to open tesla to read a BID then that is on you.

I placed explicit instructions with the master folder on both here and github which i guess you once again just skipped the reading part explaining what the master file is even for...

Also if me having english as my fourth language and not being the best with it bothers you, the log out button is in the top right in the options with your account name. Stop bothering us if you having nothing good.

BrianSplinner

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I receive Pikachus models when I place to search for a chimchar
Sorry if bothering, the code I have to find a pokemon in shiny pearl 1.1.0 was this:

[Encounter On (v1.1.0)]
04000000 01AFBC44 18FFFDDA
04000000 01AFBC68 18FFFC94

[ Spawn 349 - Feebas ]
08000000 01AFBBF8 000001C1 00000000

Last edited by BrianSplinner,

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i said the user should drag and drop the folder where it needs to be, not that you should do that for him.
and even if, you can still seperate the folders by version like this

• BD
      • atmosphere
        • contents
      • atmosphere
        • contents
so dont say its not possible. thats bullshit

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i said the user should drag and drop the folder where it needs to be, not that you should do that for him.
and even if, you can still seperate the folders by version like this

• BD
      • atmosphere
        • contents
      • atmosphere
        • contents
so dont say its not possible. thats bullshit
Have you considered that it's just a you problem? You can just deal with it, instead of demanding changes that no one else has asked for or seems to need.
You could also just lay it out how you want on your machine, instead of complaining and disrupting a whole thread for your own selfish desires.
It's really not that hard to be a decent person and just adjust things to your own needs in private, and appreciate what's been provided for free.

OblivionReign

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Have you considered that it's just a you problem? You can just deal with it, instead of demanding changes that no one else has asked for or seems to need.
You could also just lay it out how you want on your machine, instead of complaining and disrupting a whole thread for your own selfish desires.
It's really not that hard to be a decent person and just adjust things to your own needs in private, and appreciate what's been provided for free.
Don't worry i changed all file structures to the kids liking. Sure it may be easier to tell which version is which but the simplicity is gone so hopefully that is ok for everyone. Fixed and updated both on here and github.

BrianSplinner

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Solve the pokemon spawn where only Pikachus came out, but I have another error and that is that the code for shiny pokemons in Shining Pearl 1.1.0 does not work:

[Shiny Pokemon (HOLD L) 1.1]
040A0000 024685A8 54000720
040A0000 024685B8 54000820
040A0000 024685A8 14000045
040A0000 024685B8 14000041

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Solve the pokemon spawn where only Pikachus came out, but I have another error and that is that the code for shiny pokemons in Shining Pearl 1.1.0 does not work:

[Shiny Pokemon (HOLD L) 1.1]
040A0000 024685A8 54000720
040A0000 024685B8 54000820
040A0000 024685A8 14000045
040A0000 024685B8 14000041
Update to the latest version. Encounter code and shiny code are working in 1.1.3.
Support is not really provided for prior versions, as there's no real reason to not update.

BrianSplinner

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Update to the latest version. Encounter code and shiny code are working in 1.1.3.
Support is not really provided for prior versions, as there's no real reason to not update.
I just updated to 1.1.3 and it doesn't work either, I'm using the most current YUZU, the code is:

[Shiny Pokemon (HOLD L) (v1.1.3)]
04000000 0249B598 54000720
04000000 0249B5A8 54000820
04000000 0249B598 14000045
04000000 0249B5A8 14000041

But it still doesn't work for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16