ROM Hack Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Cheat Database

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's not the cheat I was using, nor has it ever been on/active, so I don't know how that would affect another cheat?
I know you may not be activating the cheat, what I'm saying is if it's in the list of cheats, in the cheat file, there may be issues with loading the cheats. If you look a few posts up, I just found this out along with another user, as the game wouldn't launch on Ryujinx while the 500 poke balls code was in the cheat file.

Hence, I told you, if you've just copy pasted the latest cheat file, without making any alterations, the 500 poke all code may be the problem. I don't know since I haven't tested it on the switch itself.
Either way, try some troubleshooting before posting about codes not working, since all codes in the file have been working for months (with the potential exception being said 500 pokeballs code).
If you want to see the shiny code working, remove all other codes except for the shiny, test it. Then add more codes until you've got all the cheats you want.

Last edited by INSTRUMENTAL,

Witchfyre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know you may not be activating the cheat, what I'm saying is if it's in the list of cheats, in the cheat file, there may be issues with loading the cheats. If you look a few posts up, I just found this out along with another user, as the game wouldn't launch on Ryujinx while the 500 poke balls code was in the cheat file.

Hence, I told you, if you've just copy pasted the latest cheat file, without making any alterations, the 500 poke all code may be the problem. I don't know since I haven't tested it on the switch itself.
Either way, try some troubleshooting before posting about codes not working, since all codes in the file have been working for months (with the potential exception being said 500 pokeballs code).
If you want to see the shiny code working, remove all other codes except for the shiny, test it. Then add more codes until you've got all the cheats you want.
I can get it to work occasionally, but I'm finding the left stick/right stick varaint much less effective than when it was right/left on the d-pad. I am using a curated list of my own, with only the codes I specifically want (so no 500 items code anymore) and it still isn't working well. I had tried troubleshooting several times, hence why I came here to pose the question.

Is it possible to alter the code to no longer be left/right stick, and be left/right on the dpad again? That variant I never had issues with at all.

Also, Legends Arceus hasn't been out for a full month so I'm not sure how "all codes in the file have been working for months"

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can get it to work occasionally, but I'm finding the left stick/right stick varaint much less effective than when it was right/left on the d-pad. I am using a curated list of my own, with only the codes I specifically want (so no 500 items code anymore) and it still isn't working well. I had tried troubleshooting several times, hence why I came here to pose the question.

Is it possible to alter the code to no longer be left/right stick, and be left/right on the dpad again? That variant I never had issues with at all.

Also, Legends Arceus hasn't been out for a full month so I'm not sure how "all codes in the file have been working for months"
This is the Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl thread. Not the Arceus thread.

IgnotusP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi I have a problem with mesprit, I turn off all cheats and every time y encounter it, the game crash… any idea how to fix it?

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yes, I put them all on “Off”
Okay, that doesn't actually return the code to its original state. You need to also use the "Off" versions of codes.
For example, if you download the cheat file, you see an "Item++ (On)" code, and the next one on the list is an "Item++ (Off)" code.
The "Off" version restores the original code, so that it can function normally again.

Just as a PS, that's not how every single code works, strictly speaking. It is however, the way most of the cheats in the file are formatted.
The ones like, 2x Speed (Hold B), are designed to only activate while B is held, then they restore the original code when you let go. Most hold button type codes are setup that way.

When you look at the cheat file, if you see a cheat, then below it is one with the same name but has "(Off)" at the end of it, then in order to truly turn it off, you need to deactivate the first one, then activate the "(Off)" version of that code.

If I've made that too wordy, let me know, I can break it down into steps if you would like.

IgnotusP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Okay, that doesn't actually return the code to its original state. You need to also use the "Off" versions of codes.
For example, if you download the cheat file, you see an "Item++ (On)" code, and the next one on the list is an "Item++ (Off)" code.
The "Off" version restores the original code, so that it can function normally again.

Just as a PS, that's not how every single code works, strictly speaking. It is however, the way most of the cheats in the file are formatted.
The ones like, 2x Speed (Hold B), are designed to only activate while B is held, then they restore the original code when you let go. Most hold button type codes are setup that way.

When you look at the cheat file, if you see a cheat, then below it is one with the same name but has "(Off)" at the end of it, then in order to truly turn it off, you need to deactivate the first one, then activate the "(Off)" version of that code.

If I've made that too wordy, let me know, I can break it down into steps if you would like.
Thanks for the explanation, yes I deactivated the ones says (on) and activate the ones that says (off) and also deactivated the ones that doesn’t have that format, and still crash when I find mesprit

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks for the explanation, yes I deactivated the ones says (on) and activate the ones that says (off) and also deactivated the ones that doesn’t have that format, and still crash when I find mesprit
Then I'm not sure what's wrong with your setup. My only other guess is that if you've done things in the story out of order, something may be wrong with the flags.

Crunch011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Curious if anyone has run into an issue on Shing Pearl v 1.1.3 on 13.2, where, with the Invincible cheat activated (by itself or with other cheats enabled), and intentionally or unintentionally touching the screen, the game crashes. I'm sure it's just me, but I was just curious.

View attachment 294549
same as me but i've no solution for this

Wafers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the shiny code will only work in the grand underground if you hold L prior to entering the wild Pokémon rooms. If you hold L while in the room it will NOT make shiny Pokémon appear. Holding L BEFORE you enter the room will make ALL Pokémon shiny that are in the room.

After entering the room while holding L, holding the L button is not required to encounter shinies.
How do you make it to where you hold l for a shiny

Wafers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been reported yet, but the shiny code will only work in the grand underground if you hold L prior to entering the wild Pokémon rooms. If you hold L while in the room it will NOT make shiny Pokémon appear. Holding L BEFORE you enter the room will make ALL Pokémon shiny that are in the room.

After entering the room while holding L, holding the L button is not required to encounter shinies.
How do you make it to where you hold l for a shiny

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
same as me but i've no solution for this
Same thing has happened in a previous update, so I've already got the fix for ya.
The (Off) versions of the code don't need to be changed.

SP 1.1.3
Code:
[Invincible (on) - 1.1.3]
04000000 02CE0940 3940F801
04000000 02CE0944 34000041
04000000 02CE0948 52800015
04000000 02CE094C 2A1503E1
04000000 02CE0950 17D9989D
04000000 02346BB4 14266763

PS: The Brilliant Diamond version of the code is unaffected by this problem.
Edit: I've changed the code to the correct one I've posted below, so there's no bad code floating in the thread.

Crunch011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Same thing has happened in a previous update, so I've already got the fix for ya.
The (Off) versions of the code don't need to be changed.

SP 1.1.3
Code:
04000000 02CE0950 17D998E2
04000000 02346BB4 1426671B

PS: The Brilliant Diamond version of the code is unaffected by this problem.
I tried but it still make me crash

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Crunch011 Sorry about that, I forgot that I had to calculate new branch values to get to and from the new code cave area. Here's the fixed code:
SP 1.1.3
Code:

Crunch011

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Crunch011 Sorry about that, I forgot that I had to calculate new branch values to get to and from the new code cave area. Here's the fixed code:
SP 1.1.3
Code:
hi thx you for your help it work but the enemies pokemon is also invincible

INSTRUMENTAL

-
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hi thx you for your help it work but the enemies pokemon is also invincible
That is a problem with the code then.
I just fixed the location of it, since BD & SP have slightly different memory offsets in certain areas.
I'm not the code creator, so I don't know what it's doing, not how to fix it.

Reactions: Crunch011

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2: