Misc Pokemon Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl : Anyone know if the battle tower allows legendary ?

Zeraora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know in DP and in the generations before 8g legendary Pokemon was not allowed in the Battle Tower.
But in SWSH it seems to me that all Pokemon is allowed, so I was wondering if anyone would have this information.

Hellangel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know in DP and in the generations before 8g legendary Pokemon was not allowed in the Battle Tower.
But in SWSH it seems to me that all Pokemon is allowed, so I was wondering if anyone would have this information.
Yes I can confirm that legendaries are still not allowed in the battle tower as I tried to do this with Giratina, Dialga etc.

Reactions: Zeraora

Hellangel98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah it makes sense it would be too strong ty.
Have you tried for a pokemon Mythical like Mew, Jirachi or Shaymin?
Shaymin is locked behind on a event and couldn't get it to work unless you are good at changing the script to make it happen but yeah I tried it and mythical pokemons like Mew and Jirachi are still not allowed in the Battle Tower

Reactions: Zeraora

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ah it makes sense it would be too strong ty.
Have you tried for a pokemon Mythical like Mew, Jirachi or Shaymin?
>mythicals are somehow "different" than legendaries

You clearly did not play Gen 4 at all. They are all legendaries and treated equally. Idk what this mythical marketing shit is that I keep seeing pop up from time to time from official sources, but they are all in the same category.

Zeraora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
>mythicals are somehow "different" than legendaries

You clearly did not play Gen 4 at all. They are all legendaries and treated equally. Idk what this mythical marketing shit is that I keep seeing pop up from time to time from official sources, but they are all in the same category.
LoI Diamond was my first game and i have played at least twenty times (counting platinum) and I know the difference between legendaries and Mythicals, even if basically we can consider them as the legendary.
This could have been possible because they are especially weaker in terms of base stats (600 bs).
Use your brain next time before writing instead of trying to trashtalk me.

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
LoI Diamond was my first game and i have played at least twenty times (counting platinum) and I know the difference between legendaries and Mythicals, even if basically we can consider them as the legendary.
This could have been possible because they are especially weaker in terms of base stats (600 bs).
your first post says otherwise.

Zeraora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
your first post says otherwise.
"I know in DP and in the generations before 8g legendary Pokemon was not allowed in the Battle Tower.
But in SWSH it seems to me that all Pokemon is allowed, so I was wondering if anyone would have this information."
Where do you see that?
Especially since I speak of the remakes, not of the old ones otherwise I would already have my answer.

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is no difference between Legendary and Mythical as far as the game code is concerned. They are all considered Legendary Pokemon.

Mythical is just a name game freak came up with to differentiate between legendary pokemon that are not available normally in game and are exclusive to an event of some kind.

Two mythical have now broken this rule however, Deoxys who can be captured in ORAS and Keldeo who can be captured in SWSH DLC.

Zeraora

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There is no difference between Legendary and Mythical as far as the game code is concerned. They are all considered Legendary Pokemon.

Mythical is just a name game freak came up with to differentiate between legendary pokemon that are not available normally in game and are exclusive to an event of some kind.

Two mythical have now broken this rule however, Deoxys who can be captured in ORAS and Keldeo who can be captured in SWSH DLC.
Totally agree with he has one difference.
I used the word mythical because I wanted to designate the legendary ones with 600 bs which were forbidden before.
I renember Heatran Cresselia are legendaries allows in battle tower with 600bs, so I was telling myself that they were going to rectify what is for me something a little unfair.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

you can now get a free jirachi and mew if you have swoird shield save data and lets go save data so there is 2 more that are ingame obtainable if you jsut have save data of other games.

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can now get a free jirachi and mew if you have swoird shield save data and lets go save data so there is 2 more that are ingame obtainable if you jsut have save data of other games.

All of the mythicals are available in game, they just require extra content to get them be it an item for an in game event or mystery event. This is the easiest Mew/Jirachi have ever been available but they still require an outside source so therefor are not normal in game.

Legendaries can be actually caught in the game with no extra content needed, that's the difference. It's why Deoxys and Keldeo are psudo-mythical now since both can be captured in game with no outside content anymore. Previously both were event exclusive.

That's the distinction between the names. Legendary = catch in game, nothing else required. Mythical = requires external content of some sort to acquire.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
All of the mythicals are available in game, they just require extra content to get them be it an item for an in game event or mystery event. This is the easiest Mew/Jirachi have ever been available but they still require an outside source so therefor are not normal in game.

Legendaries can be actually caught in the game with no extra content needed, that's the difference. It's why Deoxys and Keldeo are psudo-mythical now since both can be captured in game with no outside content anymore. Previously both were event exclusive.

That's the distinction between the names. Legendary = catch in game, nothing else required. Mythical = requires external content of some sort to acquire.
needing dlc to get keldeo is not extra content? lol

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It's still in the game and part of the DLC.

You don't need a code, you don't need to go to a special event, you don't need another game. It's included as part of the game, that game being the DLC.
you need to buy the dlc same way you need to buy another game to unlcok them i dont see a diference, since they arent even on the code of the game but on the code of the dlc, you cant even get the pokemon on the base game, its no diferent than buying pokemon lets go play 5 min and save and get mew ingame on daimond/pearl remake, same way to buying the dlc and play it until you can get the pokemon.

you need extra stuff in this case money for either, deoxys was in the base game you bought the game day one and you could get it, in this case its not you need to pay extra and download additional stuff to get the pokemon.

serenity42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need to buy the dlc same way you need to buy another game to unlcok them i dont see a diference, since they arent even on the code of the game but on the code of the dlc, you cant even get the pokemon on the base game, its no diferent than buying pokemon lets go play 5 min and save and get mew ingame on daimond/pearl remake, same way to buying the dlc and play it until you can get the pokemon.

you need extra stuff in this case money for either, deoxys was in the base game you bought the game day one and you could get it, in this case its not you need to pay extra and download additional stuff to get the pokemon.

The DLC is still part of SW/SH. It's not a separate game or event. Mythical require something outside of the game. The DLC is not outside of the game, it's part of it, just an additional purchase.

Deoxys is catchable in game with ORAS, no extra content needed, it's in the base game.

So Keldeo and Deoxys, while still considered Mythical are both available as normal Legendaries in SWSH DLC and ORAS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise