Pokemon Brilliant Diamond leaked online ten days prior to release

dial.png

The third time's the charm, as the third major Nintendo release in the past month has been leaked onto the internet a good few days prior to the official launch date. Following Metroid Dread and Mario Party Superstars, Pokemon Brilliant Diamond is floating about online, both in .NSP and .XCI form, and it looks like the game is able to be booted and playable in some form through Nintendo Switch emulator Ryujinx as well. While the leaked version of Brilliant Diamond comes in at around 4.30GB, there is a scheduled 8GB day-one update that won't be available until the launch date, November 19th.

As always, it's important to remember that GBAtemp's ToS do NOT allow linking to warez or illegal content, so please be mindful!

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So anyone who bought the game cartridge and doesn't go online and update, is stuck a an unfinished game?
Yep seems like it but don't forget if you know someone with the game you can have them send the update from there switch to yours without using internet what so ever its called match with local users.

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what version leaked? Like, was this a early production demo, or was this the version pushed out for physical release?

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
That sucks. Wonder what else is bad.. Gen 4 is actually my favorite generation of Pokemon games.
On one hand, it's Gen 4!!! Yay!!

On the other hand, the music is awkward bad midis (going to be fixed on launch, it seems)
Animations are jank in the overworld
Battles, just like OG Gen 4, are slow AF

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If putting an unfinished version of the game is their attempt to keep leakers from getting their hands on the whole thing early, than that has obvious ramifications for preservation, but I also see it as potentially playing with fire. If videos of an unfinished game leak and go viral it could have major ramifications at launch. It certainly is a strategy, but I think it would probably be best to just let leakers do their thing and let them advertise the game for you.

• Wow
Reactions: Brodragon7

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, what version leaked? Like, was this a early production demo, or was this the version pushed out for physical release?
From what others have posted about it, It was a cart dump of Brilliant Diamond but the game on the cart is unfinished so day 1 update is must for it. I have it preordered and so I will not get to play till the 19th, I will have both copy's so I will play one updated and the other not updated to see what it is like to do so since it seems like there is so much missing on the cart.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
have the leaked Brilliant Diamond....game is not that bad but....chibi doesnt appeal for me

So anyone who bought the game cartridge and doesn't go online and update, is stuck a an unfinished game?
no its playable but the ost isnt complete ....instead of the game soundtrack it sounds like someone plays the sounds on a trumphet

dude1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
its a early retail copy.
the remastered audio tracks are coming in a day 1 patch so thats why its unfinished until of course the patch gets released and/or leaked

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If putting an unfinished version of the game is their attempt to keep leakers from getting their hands on the whole thing early, than that has obvious ramifications for preservation, but I also see it as potentially playing with fire. If videos of an unfinished game leak and go viral it could have major ramifications at launch. It certainly is a strategy, but I think it would probably be best to just let leakers do their thing and let them advertise the game for you.
Manufacturing takes time, if they put out a patch on release day then they can carry on fixing all the bugs while the carts are being manufactured and shipped.

It's nothing to do with leaks.

N10A

Her stare burns...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Manufacturing takes time, if they put out a patch on release day then they can carry on fixing all the bugs while the carts are being manufactured and shipped.

It's nothing to do with leaks.
Yeah, you're probably right.
I was just responding to other people's speculation in this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse