ROM Hack Pokémon Blaze Black & Pokémon Volt White

twistedfatal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
knivez69 said:
yo.. I'm a graphic designer.. and I'm currently working/learning After Effects.
I'll do make ya a free banner just like these.

Thanks for the hack!

4a9dz.gif

MWOlv.gif
yo bro do reckon you chould make me 1 saying "Twistedfatal Productions" on fire
smile.gif
?

@drayano thnks for these mods

Hatchetball

RepititionRedundancyRepitition
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aragorn0021 said:
There has got to be a better solution than just: "get another card".
Thats no solution at all, i choose m3i zero over acekard 2i as it can just as easily be used and updated on a 3ds even if a firmware update blocks it (update through computer), acekard cant.
I have never had a rom that doesnt work standard, except for heartgold and black which need exp patches etc.
Yes the support from the creaters is crap, but there is a decent community behind the card.
If possible please help try fix the problem.
I am assuming it has to do with the fact i get a different game id than listed in the packages and ups wont patch due to a "checksum error".
Many people have had the same problem.
Version 1.0 didnt have the checksum error and patched cleanly while version 1.2 only seems to patch by a "forced patch".
If i can play version 1.0 correctly, with cheats, i think it says theres more of a coding error in 1.2 rather than a hardware fault on my end.
As much as I wish I could help you... I don't know M3 coding. I don't know anyone on here that does, you may want to check the M3/M3i section of the forums and ask around, do some research. I would suggest waiting until Retro releases the firmware updates for everything - as I'm pretty sure there's M3 updates in it.
I was thinking it would be out today? ...Hard telling, he releases things randomly.

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
tall guy said:
the game ID is:IRBO 12D3B962
using Acekard 2i ,AKAIO v1.8.1 HW81,1.4update.
windows 7.
the game itself is working perfect.it's blaze black with the legendary's.(already catched Jirachi).
always get the message(no cheats database found).
problem solved!!i had to put the cheats file in the correct folder!it's different than with an R4.thanks alot anyway for the quick replys and help!
Glad it finally works. Always find out where you have to put the files in order for your firmware to work correctly
wink.gif

Aragorn0021 said:
Slightly different problem than guy above.

Patched using xdelta on clean black eu rom

clean legendary blaze black patch

Game id IRBO 12D3B962
Patched on windows 7
Using M3i zero

On wood firmware and sukura firmware, game runs and cheats show up for game (and can activate them), but cheats dont work in game. Game works fine but cannot activte any cheats.

On ysm3 firmware (what i normally use), cannot even launch game "errcode line 4" error. BLazeblack 1.0 works fine on ysm3 (same clean rom used to patch).

same patcher used, so am thinking its something wrong/different with the patch itself.

Also note ups patcher gives checksum error when trying to patch.

Dont say its a bad rom patch as have tried patching 3 different eu clean rom releases and 1 clean usa rom release.

EDIT: Tried dos method, gives same game id and still cheats dont work.

All dont work with ups, all have same game id, all dont work with ysm3, all dont work with cheats.
M3's have horrible support... Honestly I would advise you to just get rid of that card and buy something with actual support from the community.
I'd suggest a R4 as it is rather cheap.
Or this well known user also suggests these:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
Throw away your card and buy a better one, like one of these
Acekard 2i, Supercard Two, CycloDS iEvolution, EZ-Flash Vi, R4i Gold/R4i DSN.
All have active teams and actively update as well have more/better features that actually work

QUOTE(ZoRk @ Apr 14 2011, 02:59 PM) hi Drayano! is there any way on how to play it in a ds tt ?

and is there a map on where to find a specific pokemon?
1. I know you're asking him but to answer your question, the TTDS issue is being resolved at the moment. Once Retro updates his next release, it will be available on TTDS.
2. There is a Folder included in the patch download called "Documentation" - it will tell you where everything is found.

QUOTE(NBAPwns13 @ Apr 14 2011, 05:54 PM)
SOME ONE HELP WHEN IM DOING THE PATCH FOR DELTA.EXE AND IT PATCH IT ! IT SAYS IT WORKS AND IT MAKES A NEW PATCH BUT WITH 0 BYTES SOMEONE HELP ME !!! idk WHY !??1 PLEASE REPLY BY A MSG PLEASE :'(
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif
Try the DOS patching method. Also, try the UPS method.
Impatience is another thing... if the file says 0 Bytes, then restart the process and walk away for 5 minutes. If it still says 0 Bytes when you come back, use another method.

ive tried every patch in the download still nothing
frown.gif

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Umbra said:
NBAPwns13 said:
SOME ONE HELP WHEN IM DOING THE PATCH FOR DELTA.EXE AND IT PATCH IT ! IT SAYS IT WORKS AND IT MAKES A NEW PATCH BUT WITH 0 BYTES SOMEONE HELP ME !!! idk WHY !??1 PLEASE REPLY BY A MSG PLEASE :'(
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

The ROM that you are trying to patch have Pokémon in his name?

Try change that to Pokemon without the é. I used to have the same problem and for my at least that do the trick.

All the roms ive tried to patch doesn;t have é mine has e

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NBAPwns13 said:
Umbra said:
NBAPwns13 said:
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Try change that to Pokemon without the é. I used to have the same problem and for my at least that do the trick.

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
NBAPwns13 said:
Umbra said:
NBAPwns13 said:
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NBAPwns13 said:
for try and see if it works what do i download? so many files and options :wtf:

im currently running DSTT but for my DSTT i really want it to run the acekard menu which i can't for some reason
frown.gif
1. It does not work on TTDS at this time. When RetroGameFan releases his next line of firmware updates, it will work for TTDS.
2. Acekard's menu will not work on TTDS firmware. If it does, someone can correct me. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't as it is entirely different firmware all-together.
3. Just wait until TTDS's firmware update comes out. It should be anytime/anyday now since Retro hasn't updated in 3 weeks.

When he releases the update I will be more than happy to point the TTDS users in that direction, however... it doesn't exist yet.
I own 6 TTDS's. I'm waiting for it too. Patience is the key here.

For the time being. Use THIS firmware for your TTDS. It will actually work. Blaze/Volt will not work on it though, not just yet.

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
NBAPwns13 said:

im currently running DSTT but for my DSTT i really want it to run the acekard menu which i can't for some reason
frown.gif
1. It does not work on TTDS at this time. When RetroGameFan releases his next line of firmware updates, it will work for TTDS.
2. Acekard's menu will not work on TTDS firmware. If it does, someone can correct me. But I'm pretty sure it doesn't as it is entirely different firmware all-together.
3. Just wait until TTDS's firmware update comes out. It should be anytime/anyday now since Retro hasn't updated in 3 weeks.

When he releases the update I will be more than happy to point the TTDS users in that direction, however... it doesn't exist yet.

For the time being. Use THIS firmware for your TTDS. It will actually work. Blaze/Volt will not work on it though, not just yet.

For the ace kard menu umm when i load Waio.nds and i click it it just says

something about my fate cannot find moonshl2/ press a to shut down...
something like tat

NBAPwns13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
NBAPwns13 said:

frown.gif

Also go to the DSTT forum side and you;ll see my post
smile.gif
if you can help me with that thanks
smile.gif
also theres some info about another guy that should help you out hes really good
smile.gif

so i hope you can do it

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi, I have a question about your Pokemon mod... if I want a version of the hack where there are no changes whatsoever to trainers and attack stats, if I only want to be able to catch more pokemon in the wild and no more changes, would one of the hack versions work? My problem is that I like battling with one of my friends, and he has a legit Pokemon White game so any changes to attack powers in my game and not in his would break our battles!

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davidsl_128 said:
Hi, I have a question about your Pokemon mod... if I want a version of the hack where there are no changes whatsoever to trainers and attack stats, if I only want to be able to catch more pokemon in the wild and no more changes, would one of the hack versions work? My problem is that I like battling with one of my friends, and he has a legit Pokemon White game so any changes to attack powers in my game and not in his would break our battles!
It would be much faster for you just use THIS as it will tools allow you to edit base stats, wild hold items, types, abilities, and catch rate. Much easier than having to have others do it when you can do it yourself, faster.

Also I'm not sure if it would "break" the battles, it should just revert the changes to base power back to normal, thus letting the battle commence.

knivez69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@davidsl_128, try the Clean version patches.

@Drayano, here's the banner
smile.gif

I hope you like it.

blaze_black_and_volt_white_by_roguesleipnir-d3e3ph9.gif

Code:
[img]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/106/5/3/blaze_black_and_volt_white_by_roguesleipnir-d3e3ph9.gif[/img]

I just started Blaze Black because I got bored after beating Ghetsis in the normal white..

Working with a contrarian snivy is hard... 'cause i like self boosting moves.

Aragorn0021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hatchetball said:
NBAPwns13 said:
Umbra said:
NBAPwns13 said:
angry.gif
angry.gif
angry.gif

GuiGuilhas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gratz for this hack, works perfectly on SuperCard DSTwo
smile.gif

This is a really hard mod, especially in the last gym challenge (where I am at this moment). Level 65 Grass/Dragon Serperior with Contrary Ability and Draco Meteor!

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aragorn0021 said:
Yes i know, thats what i am running.
YSM3 is by far the best firmware.
It runs blaze black 1.0 (and any other game at all) with cheats no problem.
Version 1.2.
R4i runs it (can activate cheats but they dont work).
Wood runs it (can activate cheats but they dont work).
sakura runs it standard, crashes on load if cheats are activated.
YSM3 crashes on boot with error "errcode line 4"?????

The fact that 1.0 runs fine on ysm3 and 1.2 doesnt even load makes me think its something to do with the patch.
Also considering 1.2 has to be "force" patched while 1.0 doesnt.
Heh. Yeah I wouldn't even try running it with sakura or YSM3 lol
The main problem for people trying to patch this is using flashcarts that involve updating firmware to make games run. As, if that firmware isn't updated upon release of said game, the game will not load properly. M3, TTDS, various others.
A regular $2.70 (USD) R4 loads this mod for me, and every other game I have without issue. Yet, people paying $20-$35 for a flashcart can barely get this working.
You have to remember the 3 R's people. Research, Research, Research.
There is nothing wrong with the patch. It's not his fault no one researched a good flashcart that doesn't have compatibility issues.
M3's are really terrible :/ sorry, but they are. They lack constant updates.
I've never had to update my R4. My $2.70 R4. Ever. I put firmware on it one time. Black and White came out and I was playing B/W on it, without any firmware changes.
I put this modded B/W on there. Have had no problems.
How much did you pay for that M3? $20 at least? LOL
Dude it's your card. It is in no way this guys patch.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatchetball said:
Aragorn0021 said:
Version 1.2.

The fact that 1.0 runs fine on ysm3 and 1.2 doesnt even load makes me think its something to do with the patch.

I've never had to update my R4. My $2.70 R4. Ever. I put firmware on it one time. Black and White came out and I was playing B/W on it, without any firmware changes.

Yes it's about time the truth about R4 comes out. It is not a bad card at all, in fact, over the course of NDS, it was the most consistent widely available card and it deserves proper respect.

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I've decided I'm gonna stop updating Blaze Black and Volt White, so I'll just leave it at 1.2. Too much hassle to update with about six different patches to make every time, plus I really should actually focus on my academics...

There's also the fact I'm beginning to dislike some of my own changes (in particular the really high levels. ~90s seems somehow 'untidy' to me, but meh.) There's also the fact some other changes I'd like to make could do with an overall rebuild anyway. Hex editing is becoming outdated for Gen V now!

I updated the download links to be a bit simpler; I chose to eliminate the xdelta patches, as well as adding Hatchetball's usrcheat thingy in and rearranging the folders to be neater.

---

knivez69 - Thank you very much! Looks really good. You've chosen a good field I reckon.

NBAPwns - I appreciate your effort for trying to contact me seeing as I've had messages in about three different places but unfortunately, I have no idea. :/

Anyone having patching problems now has a solution in the form of a direct ROM download. I've uploaded the Blaze Black Legendary Regular version, which you'll find the link to on a certain video site (seeing as I can't post it here.)

Also agreeing with the R4 discussion. I've had mine for a few years now and together with the community (particularly YWG and Wood R4) it's never let me down.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Hatchetball said:
Aragorn0021 said:
Version 1.2.

Yes it's about time the truth about R4 comes out. It is not a bad card at all, in fact, over the course of NDS, it was the most consistent widely available card and it deserves proper respect.
Watch your wording. If you call a cart that is not supported by it's own developers any longer and has trillions of clones "consistent", then you need to read a dictionary. Also, it's the most used because it was [one of] the first, and thus it spread. However, almost any of the major flashcarts are widely available.

Hatchetball

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drayano said:
Okay, I've decided I'm gonna stop updating Blaze Black and Volt White, so I'll just leave it at 1.2. Too much hassle to update with about six different patches to make every time, plus I really should actually focus on my academics...

There's also the fact I'm beginning to dislike some of my own changes (in particular the really high levels. ~90s seems somehow 'untidy' to me, but meh.) There's also the fact some other changes I'd like to make could do with an overall rebuild anyway. Hex editing is becoming outdated for Gen V now!

I updated the download links to be a bit simpler; I chose to eliminate the xdelta patches, as well as adding Hatchetball's usrcheat thingy in and rearranging the folders to be neater.

---

knivez69 - Thank you very much! Looks really good. You've chosen a good field I reckon.

NBAPwns - I appreciate your effort for trying to contact me seeing as I've had messages in about three different places but unfortunately, I have no idea. :/

Anyone having patching problems now has a solution in the form of a direct ROM download. I've uploaded the Blaze Black Legendary Regular version, which you'll find the link to on a certain video site (seeing as I can't post it here.)

Also agreeing with the R4 discussion. I've had mine for a few years now and together with the community (particularly YWG and Wood R4) it's never let me down.
Thank you Drayano for letting us share your rather amazing mod. I will continue to offer support for anyone having issues with this project. Also, I appriciate you adding in the usrcheat.dat for Importing. However. Over time that will still need to be updated as I've noticed 1 other Game ID so far that isn't included, and I'm sure there's a few more out there but no one has spoken up about them. I suppose I could just write up a "how-to" and add pictures of how to Import into the usrcheat.dat and also how to add in cheats/Game ID's. (Mostly for TTDS users, anyone who knows me knows I support them as the TTDS was my first cart...)
The amount of respect you've received for this project is far less than you should have received. I'm not sure if it means much, but you've gained my respect as a great modder/hacker/Hex-er. I would be more than happy to continue support for this for anyone that needs it.

As for the R4 thing, which is really off topic and should be discussed elsewhere...
I mean no disrespect to M3 users, I'm sure it's a great cartridge. It lacks support and all M3 users will admit that, it's not like I'm saying anything bad or false.
R4 is just cheaper and allows the easy use of modded/hacked/edited games without the use of Game ID's and firmware updates.
I was mearly saying that the R4 is cheaper, easier to use, and does get disrespected even though it's one of the top carts out that will do pretty much everything needed. It's not perfect but it's the best $2.70 I've ever spent to be entertained. (Including strip club visits... LOL)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0