1. BurlyEd

BurlyEd GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was not going to report this, but if you are going to do another patch anyhow, I think I finally found a bug.

"Pokemon Blaze Black and Volt White v1.1 - Documentation - Wild Pokemon.rtf - Driftveil City:
    Surf, Special: Staryu (60%), Tentacruel (30%), Lapras (10%)"

I encountered many Staryu several Tentacruel and a Flareon!?, but no Lapras.

.. or at least I think I did. I was mistaken earlier in Route 16 - Lostlorn Forest area. [​IMG]

I hope you do reinstate the xdelta patches!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Drayano

OP Drayano .

If I typoed and put Flareon there instead then Lapras probably isn't there at all. Whoops. :x

Thanks for catching that!

3. kidisnice87

kidisnice87 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Except I played the game twice and beat it without grinding at all. Even caught every Pokemon. SOrry but you're sounding noobish. I didn't even flame you, just stating facts. The game has a very good level curve, and the EXP system makes it so you're never truly vastly underleveled. You're just one of those people who aren't good at Pokemon and can't win unless you're the exact same level as the A.I. Which is nooby

4. Hatchetball

Hatchetball RepititionRedundancyRepitition

United States
    To each is it's own. I've played through each version 3 times each version since November, so I could care less about the story. I'm who I am, judgement is pointless. I used a code to beat the story faster, that's my choice. My non-code playthrough of this will be done when I'm not busy working or being a father/husband/uncle of 7/programmer/Computer Tech- and own half a company. I just needed a save after the E4 so I could start EV training on a English B/W ROM :/
    Nooby? Nah. Just a busy man with shit to do, but I take time out of my day and help the people here. Thanks though [​IMG]

5. Drayano

OP Drayano .

That .exe idea is brilliant. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it ;; If I'm lucky it'll be easy to do.

I'll try the EV spots I suppose but the most I'll probably do is make Pokémon that give particular EVs the more common ones.

6. Grimdrome

Grimdrome Newbie
    Newcomer

Canada
    This looks really interesting and fun but I can't seem to get it to work. I have a clean rom and when I use tsukuyomi it says the patch is applied but it doesn't seem to actually work. I would really like to try this and it would be a shame if I couldn't get it to work. If you need more info from me just let me know

Never mind my friend got it to work for me. No idea how though.

7. kidisnice87

kidisnice87 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So now you're trying to use the "I'm too busy to play fair" excuse, which is nothing more than a lousy excuse, since you don't need to grind whatsoever and it takes no extra time to play the game fairly
    Just admit you're not good at Pokemon instead of making excuses

8. knivez69

knivez69 Member
    Newcomer

You beat them with what, exactly? Ubers?

9. GuiGuilhas

GuiGuilhas Newbie
    Newcomer

Found a bug. In that cave in the route 9 that only opens after you finished the Pokemon League, the second trainer has a lvl1 ?????? pokémon.

10. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    This hack looks pretty good, I know you said it's the final version, but if you choose to continue you have my support.

11. Hatchetball

United States
    Drayano, I found something that might be useful for further patches. I haven't found the method for the .exe drag/drop patchers yet, I really haven't looked.
    Anywho, from what I've seen of Ninja it's a pretty good patching program"
    " This format is superior to IPS because it cannot be applied to a file for which it was not intended (such as a corrupted ROM). Also, the program will recognize different formats and make any changes necessary to apply a patch."

12. Drayano

OP Drayano .

Lemme just confirm that there is DEFINITELY a new version in the works now. I'm remodeling the wild list a bit so the Castelia City area isn't so exp parched, and moving some stuff earlier. How? I'm breaking the thing of having just stronger forms of Pokémon in normal grass in the tall grass. I've already got the Fire starters in the outside of Pinwheel Forest now, which makes them accessible so much earlier! Probably gonna have some small bits of text editing and I'm just gonna make it regular and clean versions by stuffing all the legendaries in Challenger's Cave. A bit weird perhaps, but it gets the job done a lot easier.

Hatchet: I actually did find this, which might work for what we need. That Ninja thing does look interesting though, so I guess it's a bit of a toss up.

13. SegNin

SegNin Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    NINJA was discontinued though and left at beta. So, hardly anyone uses it.

Delta Patcher and Tsukuyomi UPS are excellent patching programs that work with NDS roms.
    And they both have checksum validation (which prevents the patch from being applied to wrong or bad roms)

Delta Patcher:
    http://www.romhacking.net/utils/704/

Tsukuyomi UPS:
    http://www.romhacking.net/utils/519/

14. Hatchetball

United States
    Yes they are good, but those are what Drayano is already using and a large amount of people are having issues using those to patch with. (Inexperience I suppose? Also compatability issues with their computers OS plays a factor...) - Either way, he's looking for a full proof patch. It's time consuming to make various different types of patches when making just one that would work for everyone would be just fine.
    The drag/drop method should solve all the issues.
    I had the same issues when I was going to release my HG/SS remakes to the public a while back... after making 3 different types of patches, for 2 different ROMs (6) it gets tedious. [​IMG]

15. SegNin

SegNin Member
    Newcomer

Greece
    Ahh, now I understand what you're looking for.

You can make a batch file for xdelta.exe which will make patching very easy.
    Just put the unzipped rom in the same folder with the batch file and xdelta.exe.
    Then double-click the batch file. And that's it.

Here's a batch file I made for Elza's DBZ patch because people had trouble getting xdeltaUI to work with it:

Code:
    @echo off
    If exist dbkai.nds goto yes
    If exist *.nds ren *.nds dbkai.nds
    If exist *.nd5 ren *.nd5 dbkai.nds
    If not exist *.nds goto nope
    :yes
    echo English Patch by Elza for Dragon Ball Kai - Ultimate Butouden released by BAHAMUT
    color 0F
    echo Patching...
    xdelta.exe -f -d -s dbkai.nds DBZKai_017.xdelta dbkai_Eng_patch_by_Elza.nds
    echo ...All Done!
    pause
    exit
    :nope
    echo ROM not Found
    echo Place ROM in Folder (dbkai.nds)
    color 0F
    pause
    exit
    Just copy that to Notepad and save, changing the file extension from .txt to .bat.
    Although if you use this batch file for your patch, you might want to change the input/output names to match your game's.

16. jkessler80

jkessler80 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm having a problem finding a Squirtle. Is anyone else having this problem? I've found many totodiles and mudkips, in the shaking grass but no squirtles.
    Any help is appreciated

Thanks

Nevermind, finally found one right after i posted this. lol

17. Hatchetball

United States
    Any info on when this new release will be? [​IMG]
    I'm waiting on a wild editor so I can start my mod... I lack the proper hex knowledge to do something as amazing as you've done here.
    But once I can get my hands on a wild editor I'll be starting from scratch on a clean rom. A text editor would be nice as well, I'd like to change a bit of the story to be funnier, possibly a parody play-through.
    One last question. When you edit your rom with all these tools, to make your patches you just open up the program of choice, goto "Make patch", then the program compared the differences between a clean ROM and the edited ROM, thus making a patch for people to use to patch in the edits, correct?
    (I hope I understood how that works, correctly...)

Also thanks SegNin, I like that method. Very simple and quick.

18. TYunis245

TYunis245 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    amazing just amazing how do people make these hacks and does anyone know how people like make their own pokemon and use them in a ds rom???

19. Drayano

OP Drayano .

SegNin - Thank you! I'll give it a go.

Hatchet - Dunno yet, probably in a couple days or something. Yeah, that's exactly what I do for the patches. For the record, PPTXT can edit the text fine.

20. drag671

drag671 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    very few things make me want to take a step out of my lurking shadow, but I gotta say this hack is an amazing one, Drayano.
    I've been wondering if this version allows access to Global Link or general Ninty wifi features?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Pokémon, Pokémon, Blaze