Pokemon Black / White vs Black 2 / White 2

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by InsaneNutter, Mar 11, 2016.

1. InsaneNutter
    OP

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Hey,

As it stands at the moment I have finished at least one Pokemon game in every pair / trio of Pokemon games, except Black and White and Black and White 2.

I'm wondering do Black and White 2 have a totally different story to the original Black and White? or are they just an enhanced edition of the games?

I kind of get the impression Black / White 2 are like what Crystal is to Gold and Silver, however reading this Bulbapedia article: Pokémon Black and White Versions 2 it states "The games take place two years after the events of Pokémon Black and White" so i'm guessing Black and White 2 are set in the same world as Black and White, however have a totally different story?

Essentially for those of you who have played both, is it worth finishing a game from each pair? or am I better simply going directly to Black or White 2?

Cheers :)

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    storyline wise, black 2 and white 2 occur a few years the events of the original black and white. they are not simply enhanced editions, it's a new story.

InsaneNutter likes this.
  3. Edrian

Edrian Ello

Feb 22, 2016
    Belize
    It's worth finishing a game in each pair. You'll have a better understanding of the story :3

4. InsaneNutter
    OP

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Cheers for the input, I shall play both :)

I kinda had a break from Pokemon after Heart Gold / Soul Silver, however Pokemon X/Y and Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire got me back in to it again. Now i'm totally hooked once more and want to try get all 721 Pokemon!

I actually own a game in each series anyway. I got White on launch day, however only played up to one gym badge due to having just started a new job at the time. I randomly got Black 2 last year as it was only £7 new and sealed, which for a Pokemon game is a great price I thought.

Last edited by InsaneNutter, Mar 17, 2016