ROM Hack Pokemon black/white DSi functions

Drohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can anyone help me with my Cyclo DS iEvolution? I recently bought one because it supports DSi functions. I don't know how I can make the DSi funtions work though, it keeps saying that the DSi sections are missing. I done some googling and it has something to do with the ROM file. Can anyone help me by either;

- Explain what I need to put the ROM file of my original game on the computer with DSi funtions (and how to do it)
*snip

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Drohn said:
Can anyone help me with my Cyclo DS iEvolution? I recently bought one because it supports DSi functions. I don't know how I can make the DSi funtions work though, it keeps saying that the DSi sections are missing. I done some googling and it has something to do with the ROM file. Can anyone help me by either;

- Explain what I need to put the ROM file of my original game on the computer with DSi funtions (and how to do it)
*snip
you cant add it yourself

only a few teams know how to properly dump a dsi game

the (U) black and white are not properly dsi dump'ed
only the japanese and the french version are dsi dumped

i doubt it will be properly dumped
so you cant do anything about it

1. its in the rom - we dont know how to decrypt a rom file to add stuff to it and its impossible
2. you can only play a dsi game in dsi mode if it was properly dsi dumped and the (U) black and white are not properly dumped

Drohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kiafazool said:
Drohn said:

*snip
you cant add it yourself

1. its in the rom - we dont know how to decrypt a rom file to add stuff to it and its impossible
2. you can only play a dsi game in dsi mode if it was properly dsi dumped and the (U) black and white are not properly dumped

I'm sorry I'm quite new to all this. But what do you mean with adding stuff? And do you know if people that dump the DSi Roms use any sort of hardware for it? Or is there some other way? If they use hardware for it do you know where to get this?

EDIT: Is it really something you need to do in teams? Or can you do it by yourself too if you have the right stuff

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Drohn said:
kiafazool said:
Drohn said:

*snip
you cant add it yourself

I'm sorry I'm quite new to all this. But what do you mean with adding stuff? And do you know if people that dump the DSi Roms use any sort of hardware for it? Or is there some other way? If they use hardware for it do you know where to get this?

EDIT: Is it really something you need to do in teams? Or can you do it by yourself too if you have the right stuff

1. what i mean by adding stuff is what you asked. you asked that "Explain what I need to put the ROM file of my original game on the computer with DSi funtions (and how to do it)" so that is what i said that you cant do or add stuff to make it into a dsi dump. it only works if it was properly dumped and only a few teams know how to do it

2. all dumps are made using hardware (except wifi dumper which takes long and only dumps ds stuff). its just the algorithm that the teams use + a what i read is that they have an additional hardware that helps dump it and no one knows except them. you cant just buy hardware for dumping stuff, you have to make it your self.

3. what i mean by teams is that a team is a release group. we dont know if they actually have a team like a few people or if its just one person. they have to keep that secret otherwise that would get caught. if you have the right hardware you can do it yourself like using the wifi dumper

QUOTE(Pingouin7 @ Mar 23 2011, 05:20 PM) QUOTE(kiafazool @ Mar 23 2011, 04:05 PM)
The (E) release is properly dumped.

no its not. do u have proof?

EDIT :
this machine can dump proper dsi games

dumper.jpg

Drohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow lol how do people make that o.O

Editted and removed the quotes lol, post was getting a bit big XD

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Drohn said:

alot of people can make hardware

these guys i think do trial and error
its not hard if you know what you are doing

and plus you also need software to dump the game
so you have to make both youself

Drohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kiafazool said:
Drohn said:

Ok I'll probably sound like a super noob now, but what's trial and error? Is it some kind of class in the USA or something?

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Drohn said:
kiafazool said:
Drohn said:

Ok I'll probably sound like a super noob now, but what's trial and error? Is it some kind of class in the USA or something?
ok now you are super fail
if you dont know what it means then google it
no its not a class
its an expression

D

Deleted_171835

AFAIK, only the European, Japanese and French games were dumped properly (with the DSi-Mode parts).

@OP:
Only certain release groups have the tools necessary to dump the DSi-Mode section of a rom. The tool isn't available to general public as of now.
Look at the list below for a few roms that work on the CycloDS iEvolution in DSi-Mode.
  • Tron: Evolution
  • Sonic Classic Collection
  • My Cooking Coach (That's the European title for My Healthy Cooking Coach)
  • Imagine Artist
I can't tell you where to download the roms, though.

Also, you should browse through this thread for a larger list of games that work.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
SoulSnatcher said:
AFAIK, only the European, Japanese and French games were dumped properly (with the DSi-Mode parts).

@OP:
Only certain release groups have the tools necessary to dump the DSi-Mode section of a rom. The tool isn't available to general public as of now.
Look at the list below for a few roms that work on the CycloDS iEvolution in DSi-Mode.
  • Tron: Evolution
  • Sonic Classic Collection
  • My Cooking Coach (That's the European title for My Healthy Cooking Coach)
  • Imagine Artist
I can't tell you where to download the roms, though.

Also, you should browse through this thread for a larger list of games that work.
europe is not dsi dumped
proven by mbmax and said by a few in gbatemp cheats forum

D

Deleted-236924

kiafazool said:

If you visit the threads about the (U) releases of Black/White, there are many posts mentionning this is the exact same as the (E) release, but without the DSi parts.

If the (E) release didn't have it's DSi parts dumped, then the rom file wouldn't be different from the (U) release.

Were they using the scene release? Some independent people may have dumped it privately for members of other forums and those roms may not have the DSi parts dumped.

And were they using the latest firmware of the CycloDS iEvolution?
(Even then, it is still buggy and games with DSi parts dumped may still not be read correctly by the CycloDSi.)

But the (E) release was dumped by SweeTnDS, which apparently don't have the necessary tools for that.

D

Deleted_171835

Also, kiafazool, you need to calm down a little.

@OP:
Trial and Error Definition said:
The process of finding a solution to a problem by trying many possible solutions and learning from mistakes until a way is found1
Sadly, the only way you'll be able to play games in DSi-Mode is by downloading already dumped games. I could argue about the ethics of piracy and whether it's right to download a game online even if you own it but I have a feeling you probably won't care. If you don't mind downloading the games, I suggest you look at the list I posted above and download those games.

Drohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks Soulsnatcher. I have the original versions of both black and white and by law you can only use dumps of your own game (I think) but I think that rule was made so people that didn't buy the game can't play it, and I did buy it:P

Sorry I'm not really familiar with english expressions, my first language is Dutch.

Thanks for the help everyone!

EDIT: Also thanks for that link Soulsnatcher, but I only play Pokemon lol:P

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
kiafazool said:

If you visit the threads about the (U) releases of Black/White, there are many posts mentionning this is the exact same as the (E) release, but without the DSi parts.

If the (E) release didn't have it's DSi parts dumped, then the rom file wouldn't be different from the (U) release.

Were they using the scene release? Some independent people may have dumped it privately for members of other forums and those roms may not have the DSi parts dumped.

(Even then, it is still buggy and games with DSi parts dumped may still not be read correctly by the CycloDSi.)

But the (E) release was dumped by SweeTnDS, which apparently don't have the necessary tools for that.

http://gbatemp.net/t283046-confirmed-list-...t&p=3517357

maybe the dsi dumps are out there but from a different team

SoulSnatcher said:

@OP:
The process of finding a solution to a problem by trying many possible solutions and learning from mistakes until a way is found1
Sadly, the only way you'll be able to play games in DSi-Mode is by downloading already dumped games. I could argue about the ethics of piracy and whether it's right to download a game online even if you own it but I have a feeling you probably won't care. If you don't mind downloading the games, I suggest you look at the list I posted above and download those games.
sorry - i got pissed off when he didn't know what trail and error was, but i found out he was dutch so im not mad anymore
his english was soo good that it fooled me
sorry to @OP

QUOTE(Drohn @ Mar 23 2011, 06:38 PM)
Thanks Soulsnatcher. I have the original versions of both black and white and by law you can only use dumps of your own game (I think) but I think that rule was made so people that didn't buy the game can't play it, and I did buy it:P

Sorry I'm not really familiar with english expressions, my first language is Dutch.

yea sorry about getting pissed at you
your english fooled me
tongue.gif

D

Deleted-236924

kiafazool said:
Pingouin7 said:
kiafazool said:

Probably.
I have figured out a few minutes after I posted that the team that dumped the European version doesn't actually have access to the right dumping tools.
That, and the fact that YayMii claimed that the European dumps have the DSi parts.

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Pingouin7 said:
kiafazool said:
Pingouin7 said:
kiafazool said:

Probably.
I have figured out a few minutes after I posted that the team that dumped the European version doesn't actually have access to the right dumping tools.
That + mbmax, and the fact that YayMii claimed that the European dumps have the DSi parts.
i just downloaded hex editor
im gonna check it out

EDIT:
the (E) rom by SweeTnDs is identical to the (U) rom by PoleSmokers

Drohn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kiafazool said:
Pingouin7 said:
kiafazool said:

SoulSnatcher said:

@OP:
sorry - i got pissed off when he didn't know what trail and error was, but i found out he was dutch so im not mad anymore
his english was soo good that it fooled me
sorry to @OP

QUOTE(Drohn @ Mar 23 2011, 06:38 PM)

yea sorry about getting pissed at you
your english fooled me
tongue.gif
Haha no hard feelings mate you still helped me out a lot! I learned English mainly from watching TV lol
biggrin.gif

Clau46

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Pokemon White (france version) works in DSI mode but when you want to activate the C-Gear its says that you need to turn on the wireless in the dsi menu. Is already on maybe some ap

D

Deleted-236924

kiafazool said:
Pingouin7 said:
kiafazool said:
Pingouin7 said:
kiafazool said:

Probably.
That + mbmax, and the fact that YayMii claimed that the European dumps have the DSi parts.
i just downloaded hex editor
im gonna check it out

EDIT:
the (E) rom by SweeTnDs is identical to the (U) rom by PoleSmokers
For the record, no, they aren't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...