Pokemon black+white dont work with AKAIO 1.8.9 - Acekard 2i DS Lite

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by LazyN31, Jan 8, 2012.

1. LazyN31
    OP

LazyN31 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2012
    I know this forum is riddled with threads on the same problems i am having, but no matter what is suggested in them it doesn't seem to be working and i have been at this for hours.

I have downloaded and am using the most up to date firmware and skins found at acekard.com (including the up to date loaders) but no matter what i do i cannot get my pokemon roms to work on my DS Lite and all i am getting are yellow loading screens.

I have downloaded 3 different pokemon black and white roms and i am still having no luck with these games what so ever.

Weirdly, Tetris DS works completely fine, and so do some older roms which is weird.

I have followed all the step listen in the 'nood setup thread' but nothing seems to work, am i missing something or is there not an update for pokemon black and white yet?

I would really appreciate some help, i just upgraded to the acekard 2i and i just want it to work lol.

Thanks.

2. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States
    I'm not sure what the 'noob guide' suggested, but here are some things you can try:

1) format your micro sd card with the panasonic sd formatter (here's a guide, just in case). NOTE: back everything up to your computer before formatting.
    2) Get yourself clean (unpatched) roms.
    3) make sure it isn't a contact issue interfering with read/write speeds. (unlikely, but might be a possibility)

3. Wiip™

Wiip™ Worth a penny.

Jul 30, 2011
    The Netherlands
    And if that doesn't work try disabl'e'ing (Did I type that good :blink:) Soft reset.

4. Vigilante

Vigilante TempLurker

Jan 1, 2010
    CyberSpace IQ:OVER 9000
    Are you sure you are downloading clean version of the rom meaning no patches?

5. dilav

dilav GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 22, 2006
    United States
    Press Y on the game twice and disable 'Bypass Anti-Privacy' at the bottom. I left soft reset on and it works fine. Am using 1.8.9, clean rom, Pkm Black.

6. Wiip™

Wiip™ Worth a penny.

Jul 30, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Sorry, I meant AntiPiracy. ;)

7. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Yeah disabling anti piracy on the rom works fine, I had the same problem, first thing I tried and it worked great

8. LazyN31
    OP

LazyN31 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2012
    I did everything you guys suggested...and i got it to work!

Just to make sure, i followed your advice s4mid4re and used the panasonic sd formatter and repeated the set up process, hopefully this will prevent any problems in the future!

And at the start i thought it might actually be the roms but how could 3 different roms not work? :P I just double checked and one of the 3 roms appears to be a clean version, i didn't think it mattered xD thanks for the advice on that haha :D

On another note, i cant believe how much of an idiot i am, why didn't i think about the AntiPiracy thing at the start! Its always been a problem for people i cant believe it wasn't the first thing i tried it was probably the main problem :P

Thanks for all the help guys and for the extremely quick response! Whatever the problem was it is fixed now and i get to use the god damn thing ;D i had been waiting nearly a month for this to arrive thanks to the christmas post delay!

I can never seem to find lively forums anymore i was surprised to see this one so active, i think i will stick around and see if i can do anything ;)

Thanks again guys you really helped, now i can finally enjoy playing pokemon lol ;)

Peace!

9. yusuo

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Share your friend code when you get that far, im sure you'll find a few people wanting to take you on, here, me included

10. xGrAffitix

xGrAffitix Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but I'm kinda having the same issue here. I have the latest firmware of AKAIO. (I think it's 1.8.9z?) And installed it and all that. I tried playing pokemon white and black (both clean roms) and they won't load. They did before I updated but now I can't seem to get it running. I formatted the card, and disabled the anti-piracy but still no avail. I'm using my Nintendo 3DS to play, but I've also tried on my old DS lite, which is what I used before, and it failed on that also. All my other games work. New Mario Bros, Advanced Wars, Scribblenauts, etc..Any help would be appreciated. Thanks a bunch.