My current team:
Combuskew, lv 33
Dewott, lv 33
Graveler, lv 33
Gloom, lv 33
Pidgeotto, lv 29
Sandshrew, lv 28

2 ground types

I suppose you don't know what is a Nuzlocke Challenge. It is a challenge that have three basic rules:

1 - You can only catch the first Pokémon in each area.
2 - If a pokemon faint, you must release it or put it into a "RIP" box. It cannot be used again.
3 - You must nickname every pokemon.

There are many optional rules, like a dupe clause, to prevent you from having an army of rattatas or something like that and other that permit you to caught any shiny pokemon, but I'm not using any of them. I am actually very lucky to only have two overlapping pokemon, and a diverse team.

Edit: @Topic

I'm loving every single part of this run. I have to place every step carefully with every battle. Didn't lost anything yet due to the Faint=release rule not being active on gyms, but even the trainers are challenging. Patched my ROM to 0.7 and cleared the desert today.

flygon12345

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
India
sorry didnt know/read carefully before that you were playing nuzlocke,,,i know how hard nuzlocke is...but you are playing it ..i am playing with another rule that is only 1 heal per town/person and no pc heals

NickQuivooy

Trophies
XP
Yo peeps,

I made an account just for this! (actually just logged in with facebook but let's not destroy the magic here)
I have a question, I want to play this hack on my R4 card for my Nintendo Ds. Now, my pkmn white rom works fine, i tested it and it works on my flashcard. But, when I patch the rom (like discribed in the tut) and try to play it, I get an error -4? I tried different roms of white and nothing seems to work.

It is really frustrating, I finished black yesterday and thought of this as a perfect follow up to make things a little bit more interesting. Could someone help me out? *snip*

I'm dying to play this game :)

And ofcourse, any idea when 0.8 will be out? :)

Thanks alot!

I.care.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yo peeps,

I made an account just for this! (actually just logged in with facebook but let's not destroy the magic here)
I have a question, I want to play this hack on my R4 card for my Nintendo Ds. Now, my pkmn white rom works fine, i tested it and it works on my flashcard. But, when I patch the rom (like discribed in the tut) and try to play it, I get an error -4? I tried different roms of white and nothing seems to work.

It is really frustrating, I finished black yesterday and thought of this as a perfect follow up to make things a little bit more interesting. Could someone help me out? *snip*

Thanks alot!

Are you sure that you are using a clean, untrimmed, unpatched rom?

andibad

Soon™
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yo peeps,

It is really frustrating, I finished black yesterday and thought of this as a perfect follow up to make things a little bit more interesting. *snip*

Thanks alot!
you using TTmenu? that fault not from patch, but you firmware no have any lib oxnite mod, because oxnite not ask to retrofan to support he mod can running on TTMenu firmware. if you want play them, you can using woodTT (can found on filetrip or gbatemp) is work fine.

NickQuivooy

Trophies
XP
also you too don't ask full patched rom.

you using TTmenu? that fault not from patch, but you firmware no have any lib oxnite mod, because oxnite not ask to retrofan to support he mod can running on TTMenu firmware. if you want play them, you can using woodTT (can found on filetrip or gbatemp) is work fine.

I am using YSmenu.nds wich comes with a map named TTmenu.I will search for woodTT thanks!

EDIT: I am sorry to bother you again but i don't know how to make this work. I downloaded the Wood4TT.1.25.rar and have put it on my R4, but the hack still isn't working?

superdarkzekrom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
my theam :

496.gif
397.gif
259.gif
025.gif
004.gif

I.care.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Had the time to play again I just beat the 4th Gym. First, my Golem [a graveler at the time] made the N battle a non-existant threat. It is seriously kicking ass and is no doubt my MVP for hard battles. As for the gym, having every pokemon using that item is clever, and that Ampharos is bulky as hell. Again, challenging, but doable. Between a Wide Lens Sleep Powder user, my Rock Polish Golem and Bulk Up Blaziken, I didn't have much trouble beating it, aside from some critical hits, but it would be much harder if I didn't have two stat-up sweepers, and such perfect support.

My current team:
Golem, Lv 42
Blaziken, Lv lv 41
Samurott, Lv 40
Gloom, Lv 39 [Waiting for Giga Drain, @ lv 47]
Sandslash, lv 39
Bidoof, lv 12

Edit: The leader using both Ampharos and Flaafy seems like a waste for me. Not that I don't like 'em, but with so many good eletric-types from avaliable around lv 38~39, using two from the same evolutionary line just doesn't feel right. I for one, was sure until the end that she had an Eelectross or a Lanturn.

Oxnite

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Had the time to play again I just beat the 4th Gym. First, my Golem [a graveler at the time] made the N battle a non-existant threat. It is seriously kicking ass and is no doubt my MVP for hard battles. As for the gym, having every pokemon using that item is clever, and that Ampharos is bulky as hell. Again, challenging, but doable. Between a Wide Lens Sleep Powder user, my Rock Polish Golem and Bulk Up Blaziken, I didn't have much trouble beating it, aside from some critical hits, but it would be much harder if I didn't have two stat-up sweepers, and such perfect support.

My current team:
Golem, Lv 42
Blaziken, Lv lv 41
Samurott, Lv 40
Gloom, Lv 39 [Waiting for Giga Drain, @ lv 47]
Sandslash, lv 39
Bidoof, lv 12

Edit: The leader using both Ampharos and Flaafy seems like a waste for me. Not that I don't like 'em, but with so many good eletric-types from avaliable around lv 38~39, using two from the same evolutionary line just doesn't feel right. I for one, was sure until the end that she had an Eelectross or a Lanturn.
Thanks a lot for your amazing feedback! I love to read them because they are so detailled.

First of all, I already edited some Gym leader's Pokémon. For example, Clay will have a Hippowdon in newer versions (I think it maybe already has one in Beta 0.7, I'm not sure!) and Elesa even has a Lanturn (she will have it in version 0.8).

Anyway, you have a cool team and I can't wait to hear more about it! If there are more things you don't like, please tell me like you just did.

Yo peeps,

Thanks alot!
Beta 0.8 will come out somewhere in February.

About your problems with playing this game.. If you have Wood installed, like me, you should try to edit the saving type and set it to 512- something if I'm right.
For editing save types, I'm not sure how to do it, but according to a random YouTube video, it's something like this:

Find your rom again, press (Y) again, then (Y) again, but this time change your save type to 512kb. Then press (A) to save.

make it earlier feb is a long time to go
Don't be so demanding, I have other things to do.

I.care.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a lot for your amazing feedback! I love to read them because they are so detailled.

First of all, I already edited some Gym leader's Pokémon. For example, Clay will have a Hippowdon in newer versions (I think it maybe already has one in Beta 0.7, I'm not sure!) and Elesa even has a Lanturn (she will have it in version 0.8).

Anyway, you have a cool team and I can't wait to hear more about it! If there are more things you don't like, please tell me like you just did.

And here I tought that I was being too bold by making suggestions like that. It's good to know that I'm helping.

By the way, I just caught Tofy, a Naughty Pickup Teddiursa. This is gonna be awesome. I wonder where are the Flame Orb and the Swords Dance TM. B-)

Edit: Cleared Clay, and again, the challenge was just right. Didn't expected to have much trouble, but Krookodile critted my samurott, and Vileplume wasn't in good health. However, my lovely Usaring started throwing STAB Critical Guts-boosted Slashes left and right. Beautifull, really. The lack of Quagsire/Swampert/Gastrodon, and Gliscor to check Water and Grass types suprised me, I expected at least one of them. Specially the ground/water types, since we get Scald just before the gym. Or a Trick Room Claydoll/sandstorm abuser. Then again, awesome Rhyperior is awesome, so I like the current team. :D

On the other hand, Bianca's Musharna is friggin annoying. It boosted to +6 def and then used a Hyper Potion. It took AGES to kill that thing. Thanks god that it doesn't have Recover, or I would have to PP stall it. My fault for not having a strong Dark/Bug STAB. I have to get a Scizor for future encounters.

Just got surf and I plan to go on a capturing spree on all the routes that I couldn't access before. Golem is finally lagging behind, due to weakness to common coverage moves, slow speed, and lack of strong STAB.

Team:
Vileplume, lv 47
Ursaring, lv 44
Samurott, lv 44
Golem, lv 44
Blaziken, lv 43
Ducklett, lv 32

costar823

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So I saw this game on youtube and it looks like a lot of fun to play. I've downloaded a rom and the patch and when i go to apply it, the UPS: Apply Patch freezes and does not respond. I know on it it says that it will not be responsive and to just be patient, but it says wait about 5 minutes and after 10 it still is not responding. Do I keep waiting or is something wrong? Thanks.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

So I saw this game on youtube and it looks like a lot of fun to play. I've downloaded a rom and the patch and when i go to apply it, the UPS: Apply Patch freezes and does not respond. I know on it it says that it will not be responsive and to just be patient, but it says wait about 5 minutes and after 10 it still is not responding. Do I keep waiting or is something wrong? Thanks.
Somethings wrong. Go try another rom.

I.care.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
HOLY CRAP. Just wiped at Chargestone cave. I followed Clay's suggestion and grinded everyone to lv 47. Didn't make much difference. Plasma's lv 50 Toxicroak and Weezing punched holes into my team and a Shell Smashing Crustle finished the sweep.

I'll continue this pseudo-nuzlocke, but damn, this was insane.

I.care.0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
496_servine_front_norm.png
lv 27
Marshtomp_Pt.png
lv 27

Pikachu(P)SpriteMale.png
lv 28
5_charmeleon_front_norm.png
lv 29
397.png
lv 28
Where did you get the Charmander/Charmeleon?
Edit: Just got to Celestial Tower.

After some grinding, Chargestone Cave became manageable. By the time that the N battle came up, everything was already around lv 50 so it was doable, on par with a gym battle. Lost my Golen, tough. :(

But the real reason to my early feedback is that the wild pokemon at Celestial Tower have really low lvs. A lv 13 sableye appeared as my fist in the area and, of course, it was impossible to caugh. It is supposed to be like that?

Ps.:I got lucky on Route 7 and got a technician Scither B-)

Edit 2: Just beat Winona. I was bored, and tried to beat her with a slightly underleveled party. Much to my suprise, it was a very easy battle, almost Burgh easy. Maybe easier, if you factor in the lvs. My new pokemon helped a LOT, here. Magnezone, my Chargestone Cave 'mon OHKO Swellow and 2HKO Skarmory (yay for Charge Beam boosts!), Scither 2HKO Tropius and Ursaring 2HKO Altaria. Some trainer battles were harder, really.

Team:
Ursaring lv 55
Magnezone lv 55
Blaziken lv 52
Scither lv 52
Samurott lv 52
Vileplume lv 50

MichaelGohanWors

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, made an account for this game specifically. can this game use AR codes? I tried using the same game ID for the game, do I need to use European codes though? if this is illegal to ask delete this soon as I apologise in advance

wasim

♫ Music addict ♫
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Hi, made an account for this game specifically. can this game use AR codes? I tried using the same game ID for the game, do I need to use European codes though? if this is illegal to ask delete this soon as I apologise in advance
AFAIK yes, you just need to find the AR codes for the ROM you are patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, ohkay