Gaming Pokemon Black & White 2 Special Anime Movie

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
The Pokemon Black & White 2 Movie that was leaked earlier this week has been officially posted on the oficial Youtube channel of the Pokemon Company. This will not become a new anime or movie(which is sad cuz it looks A LOT better than Ash's adventure) is just to introduces the players to Black & White 2.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yay, but did we really need a new thread for that?
also, if you only take the highlights of the anime, it would look pretty similar

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a sign that your 'rival' is more involved with the main character's story.

BW just kind of had them there to challenge you after every route with very little depth added to them (Cheren wanting to be strong, learns that strength isn't everything, etc)

And I guess Cheren took what Alder/thosekids taught him to heart. Now he's a patrat gym leader. :>

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thats the typical rival story for each and every one of them besides may who just wanted to earn money as a lab assistant.

blue: cocky, wants to be strong, gets beaten anyway
silver: even more cocky, wants to be the strongest, gets beaten, eventually apparently changes his ways a little
sapphire: as i said, not exactly a trainer, more of a lab helper. then there was wally: good kid, kinda wants to be a trainer and free, only rival to ever be philosophically a trainer for the fun of being a trainer
pearl: good friend, wants to be strong like his dad, gets beaten a lot too
cheren: annoying bitch, wants to be strong, apparently as dumb as a 10 year old, even at 14. gets beaten
this new guy: also a good friend, but probably wants to be strong too. he'll still just fight you every other route and before you make it to the league.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
thats the typical rival story for each and every one of them besides may who just wanted to earn money as a lab assistant.

blue: cocky, wants to be strong, gets beaten anyway
silver: even more cocky, wants to be the strongest, gets beaten, eventually apparently changes his ways a little
sapphire: as i said, not exactly a trainer, more of a lab helper. then there was wally: good kid, kinda wants to be a trainer and free, only rival to ever be philosophically a trainer for the fun of being a trainer
cheren: annoying bitch, wants to be strong, apparently as dumb as a 10 year old, even at 14. gets beaten
this new guy: also a good friend, but probably wants to be strong too. he'll still just fight you every other route and before you make it to the league.
Sapphire and Pearl's rivals were Brendan/May and Barry, respectively.

Daemauroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
maybe a bit offtopic, but the OST of the movie is just plain awesome... I would like to have that kind of a battle theme in the next pokemon game.
about the movie itself.... I haven't even finished Pokemon White. still stuck at the 7th gym. not because it's hard or anything, no. I don't feel like playing it.
The pokemon don't give me the same feeling as pokemon platinum, or the previous versions.
But a nice battle theme can't hurt :P

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a bit offtopic, but the OST of the movie is just plain awesome... I would like to have that kind of a battle theme in the next pokemon game.
It was pretty awesome; in fact, it felt very reminiscent to that of the Dynasty Warriors series. It makes me wonder if Koei's helping Nintendo out with this one as well.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It was pretty awesome; in fact, it felt very reminiscent to that of the Dynasty Warriors series. It makes me wonder if Koei's helping Nintendo out with this one as well.
And to be honest it was one of the best themes I've ever heard in Pokemon, and maybe even one of the best out of all the games I play.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

His name is Diamond or Barry. Pearl is the girl's name. And "This new guy" (Which I assume you mean N) Wants to make everybody give up their pokemon. That's not exactly cocky.
Well, I only know that the cocky DPPt rival was Barry (never heard of his name as Diamond). Isn't the DPPt male character Lucas and female Dawn?

N is different though. According to BW, Ghetis (or whatever his name is) raised N in a way that he sees Pokemon being abused by humans. In other words, a one-sided story. N realizes his mistake after his last defeat in the castle.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

His name is Diamond or Barry. Pearl is the girl's name. And "This new guy" (Which I assume you mean N) Wants to make everybody give up their pokemon. That's not exactly cocky.

His name is Pearl in the Manga, Diamond being the male player character and Platina the female one. Other than that, theres no other official info that actually determines who gets what game name. "In the Japanese versions, if the player doesn't give a name for the rival, he will be automatically named パール Pearl in Diamond. In Pearl, the name ダイヤ Dia is automatically given. In Platinum, either Dia or Pearl will be randomly selected."

while im at it, i see that i actually called green blue, his name should be green, as the first pair of games was actually green and red, blue coming along some time later

and you assume wrong, by this new guy, i mean the new rival in b/w2 with the round spiky hair.
i dont really consider green haired sissy a rival

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

His name is Pearl in the Manga, Diamond being the male player character and Platina the female one. Other than that, theres no other official info that actually determines who gets what game name. "In the Japanese versions, if the player doesn't give a name for the rival, he will be automatically named パール Pearl in Diamond. In Pearl, the name ダイヤ Dia is automatically given. In Platinum, either Dia or Pearl will be randomly selected."

while im at it, i see that i actually called green blue, his name should be green, as the first pair of games was actually green and red, blue coming along some time later

and you assume wrong, by this new guy, i mean the new rival in b/w2 with the round spiky hair.
i dont really consider green haired sissy a rival
The new guy is ひひひろし (Hihihiroshi)!

Nah, just kidding.

Isn't he a childhood friend as well? At least he looks cooler and better than the previous.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Isn't he a childhood friend as well? At least he looks cooler and better than the previous.

as i assumed:
from the trailer i guess he pretty much is another cheren, maybe with a hint of pearl/barry. i hope this one is not going to go all emo on the players strenght again.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal

as i assumed:
from the trailer i guess he pretty much is another cheren, maybe with a hint of pearl/barry. i hope this one is not going to go all emo on the players strenght again.
Well, he isn't as nerd as Cheren.

That's fortunate.

Also I heard Homika's gym is at Tachiwaki City. Is it an anime exclusive location?
If its real, it means the animated trailer isn't in chronological order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on