heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pokemon-Black-2-and-Pokemon-White-2-Details.jpg

Enterbrain and Famitsu have provided a first week sales figure for Pokemon Black & White 2. The DS game sold 1,618,621 in its first week of sales. As the game was released on a Saturday, the "first week" includes just two days.

Black & White 2 ended up with the third best start for the DS platform. It's also the first game to sell a million units this year, on any platform.

Not bad for a follow up on B/W games and the second best sales for the first week in the franchise.

http://andriasang.co.../pokemon_sales/

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
^ Watch out, we got a badass here! ^

Too bad I can't give it a go on my DS. My AK's busted up and I can't upgrade it. I'm thinking I'm the only one out of my friends that has a DS. That's why I sold my copy of White :/

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, I really enjoyed White 2. It has a much richer storyline and better animation. It also does feel like a true sequel.

Surpasses BW in many ways.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd be more amazed if Black & White 2 didn't sell well. It'd actually be a good way to know if piracy honestly had an effect. Main series Pokémon games sell well regardless of piracy.. As @soulx said, if this was 3DS only, I could see a rise in sold 3DS units quite fast.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon will sale no matter what what Game Freak does.
They could put the logo on some dog poo and it'll sale like hotcakes.

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as quoting from Woods in Black Ops II

"NONE OF THIS. SURPRISES ME."

ladies and gentlemen: this is why Nintendo is dragging their feet with a 3DS title.

Maybe they're "dragging thier feet" because Nintendo does not develop Pokemon games. Game Freak does. As for why not, it's because (sadly) Black/White 1 were DS games. They wanted the sequel on the same platform, and probably wanted them to still be compatible with eachother. I don't think a DS game can actively communicate with a 3DS game. Different ways of communication. Might be able to, I really am not sure. I don't think so, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P7mAPWYcgE