• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 1,159,231
  • Replies 7,081
  • Likes 5
D

Deleted_171835

OP

The Pokemon Black/White 2 (J) AP Thread has been merged with this one.
Here's a link to the post: AP Info

caYsG.png
fAnKi.png

This thread is for discussion of Pokemon Black and White 2.

Pokémon Black and White 2 are sequels to Pokemon Black and White. Unlike a traditional third version, these games are true sequels with an entirely new story, expanded Unova region and a modified Pokedex. There are also new protagonists and a new professor. The game will be released on the Nintendo DS with a release date of June 23rd in Japan and in Q3 of 2012 for the rest of the world.

C74bY.png

img_story_00.jpg

mHqfd.jpg

The Unova region in Black and White 2 is 2 years after Black and White. There are several new areas as well as an actual airplane in the airport. It is not yet known as to whether the ice seen on the map is part of the region or simply a way of hiding the areas underneath to be shown later.

Hiougi City

6ei3I.png
S7mNv.png
YdL6l.png

Z1L62.png

This is the new hometown of the protagonists in Black and White. It is significantly bigger than hometowns in other Pokemon games and is the first to include a Pokemon Center. It is located on the western side of Unova.
hXrfk.png

New protagonists

y027M.jpg

New gym leaders

We currently know that there are two new gym leaders. It is unknown as to where they replace current gym leaders or add to the existing ones. Their names are Shizui and Homika.

Shizui
z6Dyr.png
9SewB.png

2EAn9.png

Homika

QCx6p.png
9phOz.png
QURqQ.png

PlGGm.png

98ljg.png

Kyurem formes

szVij.png
uoJfr.png

As you probably already know, there are two new Kyurem formes in the game; Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. It is unknown as to what role they play in the story. Black Kyurem knows the move "Freeze Shock" and White Kyurem knows the move "Ice Burn".

Battle HUD and animations

1.png

The HUD is slightly modified with italic text and a black colouring. In the trailer, it is shown that regular trainers now have animations unlike before where only story-important characters had it.
ueq4U.png

Q&A

Q: So what's new?

There are several new towns, new gym leaders and gyms, a modified Unova Pokedex that includes foreign Pokemon from other regions, an entirely new story and much more.

Q: Are there any new Pokemon?

Apart from some new formes, no there isn't. Pokemon Black and White 2 is still part of the 5th generation which is why we don't have a whole new set of Pokemon. On the other hand, the Pokedex is modified to include foreign Pokemon so you may encounter Pokemon from other regions such as Hoenn and Kanto in-game.

Q: What are the starter Pokemon?

The game features the same starter Pokemon as in Black and White; Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott.

Q: When will this game be released?

The game will be released on the Nintendo DS with a release date of June 23rd in Japan and in Q3 of 2012 for the rest of the world (redundant I know but someone people will skip the top part).

ueq4U.png

Official Japanese Site
Official North American Site

Reactions: 5 people
D

Deleted-236924

OP
In the "Changes between Black and White and Black and White 2 map" pictures, some of those aren't actually changes.
For example, it is only natural for the cave entrance to not have the spider web covering it in B2/W2, considering we cleared it in B/W.
Also, the Unity Tower was already there in B/W. Same for Liberty Island.

(Also, what was actually changed near Mistralton?)

D

Deleted_171835

OP
In the "Changes between Black and White and Black and White 2 map" pictures, some of those aren't actually changes.
For example, it is only natural for the cave entrance to not have the spider web covering it in B2/W2, considering we cleared it in B/W.

There's another cave opening right next to it. Perhaps we went through that in Black and White?

D

Deleted-236924

OP

There's another cave opening right next to it. Perhaps we went through that in Black and White?
We visit both.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stole this .gif from here
5tk7l.gif
Interesting to note there's a new location on the mountain next to fertility shrine.
Because that space happens to be enclosed on the mountain between the entra-link and the frozen path that would lead to fertility shrine, it leads me to believe the frozen areas should be accessible later in the game, probably as post-game.
do u guys think were gonna have to thaw out unova?
More than likely, it'd be bad design to NOT make use of all of the towns that already exist in B/W when you're using said game as the foundation.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
do u guys think were gonna have to thaw out unova?
I'm not even sure the ice is real. When you look at the map, the ice looks like it was added on to cover the new locations.
You know how Route 11 and the Wonder Bridge, and all locations past those paths are blocked off during the story of B/W just on flimsy pretences?
Probably just that, just a simple reason why you can't move onto this route yet, like Psyducks who decided to stand in a specific spot because they had severe headaches.

The game will probably deal with Kyurem at some time such as after the 7th gym or even right up to the final battle like with Reshiram/Zekrom, and then allow some time for the ice to go away, and finally let you visit these post-game locations. It's unlikely you'll be permitted to get there before-hand.

Considering that these areas would have been evacuated because of the ice crisis and it has been two years since the last game I can also imagine that these areas would only see marginal development. The Dream Ruins next to Striation City for example, would probably still be in ruin.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I seriously can't wait for these games. Gen II was always my favorite - it was fun to see how the world and people had changed, 3 years after the previous adventures. The fact that Game Freak is going to give me that experience again with Gen V seriously makes me happy.

Reactions: 1 person

xvinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Your pokemon in battle are still pixelated. They should have used higher quality sprites or not zoomed in at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself