Misc Pokemon Black Unable to Connect Wifi

Ryuuga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm running Acekard2i on my DSi with a exp patched version of Pokemon Black english. I had my router set on WEP encrypt but that didn't work. Now i disabled password on the router and I still cannot connect to nintento WFC (error 24101)
I've read you need a clean version of the rom but we all know the clean version has anti-piracy blocks and screws up exp/unable to enter Junipers lab etc. unless i'm missing something.

I'm ready to buy a the retail one if this doesn't work out. although i just have to start all over again. Thoughts? anyone running Pokemon Black rom fine on their DSi and still be able to connect to WFC?

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I actually have a question related to this. I am aware that if I want to use the online features of the game, I need to change to WEP. But the only security types available for me to change to are:
Open
Shared
CCKM
There's no option for WEP, but I guess it will work on open. But this means my WiFi will be vulnerable which I do not want...
mellow.gif

Ryuuga

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys! I went out to buy a new retail copy of Black and am loving it since.
The solution to my problem i found, was to manually type in the IP address, subnet mask, access point, Primary and Secondary DNS when making a new connection instead of auto assign IP. After doing so, I was able to connect to WFC without any errors.

Question @Serabii, quite out of topic but what does a clean rom mean? As i am aware, the roms i found usually have exp patch or some kind of patch because of the anti piracy feature in the game. I tried an unpatched rom and the game gets stuck at certain point.

@Leo Cantus, What brand/model is your router? Open and Shared are usually referring to WEP as there are two types of WEP, WEP Open and WEP Shared. This does not mean your password will be open to other people, its just a way of the router reading the password or something like that.
I've read people recommend using WEP Shared as it works better with DS/DSlite.
I'm not sure what CCKM means.

Hope that helped somebody experiencing the same problem as me.

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
Ryuuga said:
Question @Serabii, quite out of topic but what does a clean rom mean? As i am aware, the roms i found usually have exp patch or some kind of patch because of the anti piracy feature in the game. I tried an unpatched rom and the game gets stuck at certain point.

Clean rom means the rom is "raw" & an unpatched. If that's your query..
tongue.gif

afaik Clean versions of Pokemon Black & White run ok on the recent/latest AKAIO FW.

Well good for you supporting the game, at least you can utilize the IR, relocator, pokeshifter & the "webcam" feature on the original
tongue.gif

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ryuuga said:
Thanks for the replies guys! I went out to buy a new retail copy of Black and am loving it since.
The solution to my problem i found, was to manually type in the IP address, subnet mask, access point, Primary and Secondary DNS when making a new connection instead of auto assign IP. After doing so, I was able to connect to WFC without any errors.

@Leo Cantus, What brand/model is your router? Open and Shared are usually referring to WEP as there are two types of WEP, WEP Open and WEP Shared. This does not mean your password will be open to other people, its just a way of the router reading the password or something like that.
I've read people recommend using WEP Shared as it works better with DS/DSlite.
I'm not sure what CCKM means.

Hope that helped somebody experiencing the same problem as me.
Thanks for the info. It was referring to WEP, it's working now.
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr