Emulation Pokemon black "the dsi binaries are missing"

Reduced138

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm using TWiLightmenu++ and nds-bootstrap to play Ds and dsi games but for some reason after I downloaded the latest update, whenever I try to launch the game it gives me an error saying "the DSi binaries are missing. Please get a clean dump of this rom, or start in DS mode.
Please help this didn't show up before I updated!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm using TWiLightmenu++ and nds-bootstrap to play Ds and dsi games but for some reason after I downloaded the latest update, whenever I try to launch the game it gives me an error saying "the DSi binaries are missing. Please get a clean dump of this rom, or start in DS mode.
Just start in DS mode. Probably that was by default before and now it changed to DSi mode.
Better option: Get a clean ROM dump which contains the DSi binaries.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Pokemon Black/White scene releases, despite saying DSi Enhanced, do not correctly include the DSi mode data, they are bad dumps. There was a way to patch the scene release to restore it so it will function in DSi mode, but took a lot of searching around to find this method. Had to do it to run them on my CycloDS iEvo, it only worked in DSi Mode (and that was the selling point of the cart anyway) as the DS Mode part was patched by Nintendo.
I would say it's probably not worth the hassle now. DSi Mode in those games gives you access to the built in camera (which is not very useful) and WPA wifi connections (like any other DSi mode game), if you want to use unofficial WFC solutions, WPA connectivity can be useful but the official WFC servers went down a long time ago. You don't lose much by starting in DS mode.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: CoolMe

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Oh, that was stupid.

I am interested in the WPA part. Are there any WFC servers that are actively maintained and "worth it"?
Wiimmfi and AltWFC are the main ones and I think Wiimmfi has more players, but still, if you want to play online you'll probably be using a Discord server or similar for matchmaking because you're not likely to find anybody playing online at the same time as you if you randomly connect.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just start in DS mode. Probably that was by default before and now it changed to DSi mode.
How do you force Twilight Menu++ to stay in DS mode or automatically launch "DSi Enhanced" games in DS mode, i've checked all settings in Twilight Menu++ but can't see anything obvious.

CoolMe

Old Soul..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you force Twilight Menu++ to stay in DS mode or automatically launch "DSi Enhanced" games in DS mode, i've checked all settings in Twilight Menu++ but can't see anything obvious.
You press the "Y" button when highlighting the game in Twilightmenu, a menu will pop up scroll down and change the "Run in" option to "DS Mode", if it was set to default or DSi. And it'll save that setting for that specific game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank god for quick saves on some games. Though sometimes I still die trying another strategy...