Hacking pokemon black rom wont load

PokemonFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in fact im sure it is, but its been a month or so now, and i kind of want to see this fixed.

all my other games (Pokemon heartgold/ Soulsilver) load but pokemon black does not. it sits there on a white screen and doesn't budge. Its not the rom, iv tried clean ones, iv updated the loaders and the firmware, and have reformatted countless times to no avail.

so any help in making pokemon black run (it was running until i had reformat last time) would be helpful. im sure this is a relatively simple question, but then again, i have no problem admitting i'm a noob. thank you in advance.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PokemonFreak said:
in fact im sure it is, but its been a month or so now, and i kind of want to see this fixed.

all my other games (Pokemon heartgold/ Soulsilver) load but pokemon black does not. it sits there on a white screen and doesn't budge. Its not the rom, iv tried clean ones, iv updated the loaders and the firmware, and have reformatted countless times to no avail.

so any help in making pokemon black run (it was running until i had reformat last time) would be helpful. im sure this is a relatively simple question, but then again, i have no problem admitting i'm a noob. thank you in advance.
What firmware are you running?
Did you format properly with the panasonic SD formatter?
Did you format to the correct format (FAT32)?
Have you tried enabling anti-AP?
Do you know if your ROM is a bad dump?

You shouldn't update the loader that is up on the AKAIO forums, as it's barely up-to-date. Use the one that is included in the latest AKAIO release.

Any additional details that may help are welcome.
smile.gif

PokemonFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
PokemonFreak said:

What firmware are you running?
Did you format properly with the panasonic SD formatter?
Did you format to the correct format (FAT32)?
Have you tried enabling anti-AP?
Do you know if your ROM is a bad dump?

You shouldn't update the loader that is up on the AKAIO forums, as it's barely up-to-date. Use the one that is included in the latest AKAIO release.

Any additional details that may help are welcome.
smile.gif

erm, right.
1. yes
2. yes
3 you mean start -> system options-> enable anti ap? yup
4. i dont think so. it was working flawlessly on an emulator, and i tried 4 roms now.

you mean these ones? right?

ask and you shall receive. i have no idea what going on here. maybe i should try a more recent game here? i also tried a different micro sd and the results were inconclusive. i could borrow another acekard and see if maybe its my own kards fault, but i kind of think its the game.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PokemonFreak said:
*snip*
you mean these ones? right?

*snip*
You shouldn't use those as they are not up-to-date. As you see in the link you provided, it says "Dated 03/06/11" which I would interpret as March 06, 2011 and not June 03, 2011. Just use the one that is inside the AKAIO 1.8.7 download.

I don't think it's a hardware failure because that's the only ROM that isn't working, right? Or have you tested others? Also, you should try it on your friend's acekard 2i.

PokemonFreak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, it works now, and it seems it was a simple fix. I had to disable cheats at first, which made it work. So i rebuilt the database. This makes me think i had a code enabled i shouldn't have.

s4mid4re, thank you. you are supremely helpful, and you put up with me. i owe you some sort of alcoholic beverage if circumstance ever allows it.

tl;dr. problem solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality