Gaming pokemon black easiest rpg on ds?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you think Pokemon is about the difficulty then you're kinda stupid.

The games have always been relatively easy if a bit focused on grinding. Can't beat a gym now? Spend maybe half an hour in the grass and your Pokemon will be strong enough and fast enough to beat the shit out of the other Pokemon. If you want a hard RPG, Pokemon is not where you should be looking.

The game has always just been kinda of an RPG obsess-o-fest. There's something immensely satisfying about that little "plink!" when your Pokemon levels up and seeing it grow and learn new moves. That and the games can still last a good chunk of time.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not really more difficult though because your running 6 deep. I don't know about you, but I'm a pokemon master. If I run 6 deep, I don't lose. I never lost a battle in black then I played Light black, I've lost several gym battles and they were a LOT more fun than breezing through.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:

The games have always been relatively easy if a bit focused on grinding. Can't beat a gym now? Spend maybe half an hour in the grass and your Pokemon will be strong enough and fast enough to beat the shit out of the other Pokemon. If you want a hard RPG, Pokemon is not where you should be looking.

The game has always just been kinda of an RPG obsess-o-fest. There's something immensely satisfying about that little "plink!" when your Pokemon levels up and seeing it grow and learn new moves. That and the games can still last a good chunk of time.

But Pokemon is difficult, it just depends what your doing. There are challenges in pokemon, many many challenges, it's an incredibly deep game that people dismiss. It's metagame is one of the most strategic rpgs I have played.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

But Pokemon is difficult, it just depends what your doing. There are challenges in pokemon, many many challenges, it's an incredibly deep game that people dismiss. It's metagame is one of the most strategic rpgs I have played.

If you think Pokemon is difficult then you must be playing some easy games. Pick up a PS2 sometime and get your ass handed to you with a number of games.

I never really said that it was bad, I like the series myself. But it's far from hard.

I don't know if the metagame is all that impressive anymore. Out of over 600 Pokemon there's like 10 that are prime for using in competitive play. Legendaries are too powerful and anything outside of the few OU Pokemon are inferior.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Lazy727 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

If you think Pokemon is difficult then you must be playing some easy games. Pick up a PS2 sometime and get your ass handed to you with a number of games.

I never really said that it was bad, I like the series myself. But it's far from hard.

I don't know if the metagame is all that impressive anymore. Out of over 600 Pokemon there's like 10 that are prime for using in competitive play. Legendaries are too powerful and anything outside of the few OU Pokemon are inferior.

You don't even know what your talking about. I've played almost every rpg that has come out on a console in my lifetime. Pokemon is tough, I mainly play last gen metagame and it's superb. Beating hackers with unorthodox strategies I come up with, it's incredibly rewarding and very thought intensive. Pokemon is what you make it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
You don't even know what your talking about. I've played almost every rpg that has come out on a console in my lifetime. Pokemon is tough, I mainly play last gen metagame and it's superb. Beating hackers with unorthodox strategies I come up with, it's incredibly rewarding and very thought intensive. Pokemon is what you make it.

So the game is hard because people cheat in it? I don't exactly think that's legitimate difficulty.

In the end for competitive Pokemon, it's usually a choice between a few good Pokemon and a few good moves.

Personally, a game that is both hard and with depth is something like a good fighting game that has few character balancing issues. Where you can not only use the characters you want but have the same amount of potential with them as others. It makes the game more about strategy and skill than using these characters with these attacks.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Lazy727 said:

So the game is hard because people cheat in it? I don't exactly think that's legitimate difficulty.

In the end for competitive Pokemon, it's usually a choice between a few good Pokemon and a few good moves.

Personally, a game that is both hard and with depth is something like a good fighting game that has few character balancing issues. Where you can not only use the characters you want but have the same amount of potential with them as others. It makes the game more about strategy and skill than using these characters with these attacks.

The circumstances of difficulty don't matter, if it's difficult, it's difficult. Let them hack, I love it all the more because it just makes me think of a better way to beat them. Unless your a master of fighting games, you really don't even have time to think as much as you are trying to imply. How much strategy can one really imply in half a second? Pokemon is very strategic, I think you just haven't seen what I've seen.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Lazy727 said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Lazy727 said:

The circumstances of difficulty don't matter, if it's difficult, it's difficult. Let them hack, I love it all the more because it just makes me think of a better way to beat them. Unless your a master of fighting games, you really don't even have time to think that much as you are trying to imply. Pokemon is very strategic, I think you just haven't seen what I've seen.

LOL, you don't get it. it's the game itself that is easy. some hackers make mods of pokemon games to make it harder. in online gameplay the only one who sees the game as a difficult one is the legit players. as they need to grind more. which i see as tedious and not difficult.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
LOL, you don't get it. it's the game itself that is easy. some hackers make mods of pokemon games to make it harder. in online gameplay the only one who sees the game as a difficult one is the legit players. as they need to grind more. which i see as tedious and not difficult.

Exactly. I can hack any game (I can't think of a notoriously easy game off the top of my head so if you know one, please say so) and make it hard as balls. The core game of Pokemon though is easy.

Most of these hacks just mainly mean more grinding anyway. The AI is still the same.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Narayan said:

Exactly. I can hack any game (I can't think of a notoriously easy game off the top of my head so if you know one, please say so) and make it hard as balls. The core game of Pokemon though is easy.

Most of these hacks just mainly mean more grinding anyway. The AI is still the same.

Your really showing your lack of knowledge here. First off, we're talking about hackers that make perfect pokemon(nothing to do with hacking the game at all)
wink2.gif
. Secondly, In pokemon black/white there is no grinding.

Thirdly, you disregard my thesis on how much strategy can one imply in a split second when you counter-argued that fighting games were more strategic.

Sorry, you may be a decent poster but you don't know as much on this topic as I do. I'm always one to admit when I'm wrong, and your wrong.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
Your really showing your lack of knowledge here. First off, we're talking about hackers that make perfect pokemon(nothing to do with hacking the game at all)
wink2.gif

Thirdly, you disregard my thesis on how much strategy can one imply in a split second when you counter-argued that fighting games were more strategic.

Sorry, you may be a decent poster but you don't know as much on this topic as I do. I'm always one to admit when I'm wrong, and your wrong.

You have no real basis to say you have more knowledge than you do. I've played and play a lot of games. I have quite a bit of knowledge on the matters of difficulty and strategy.

My whole point is that there's not a lot of strategy in Pokemon. It's essentially the same narrow selection of Pokemon to choose if you want to actually do well with the same narrow selection of moves. It's basically just common knowledge of what's played.

Plus my argument is that Pokemon Black/White isn't hard. And that saying hackers made a game hard doesn't mean the game is hard. Let's say I took FFIV. You're out to go kill that mist creature thingy. You get to it and the battle starts. But now it's got 10x as much health and hits for 10x more! Isn't that hard! You can take any game and change it slightly to make it "harder". But the core game that Nintendo shipped out isn't all that hard.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Lazy727 said:
wink2.gif

You have no real basis to say you have more knowledge than you do. I've played and play a lot of games. I have quite a bit of knowledge on the matters of difficulty and strategy.

My whole point is that there's not a lot of strategy in Pokemon. It's essentially the same narrow selection of Pokemon to choose if you want to actually do well with the same narrow selection of moves. It's basically just common knowledge of what's played.

Plus my argument is that Pokemon Black/White isn't hard. And that saying hackers made a game hard doesn't mean the game is hard. Let's say I took FFIV. You're out to go kill that mist creature thingy. You get to it and the battle starts. But now it's got 10x as much health and hits for 10x more! Isn't that hard! You can take any game and change it slightly to make it "harder". But the core game that Nintendo shipped out isn't all that hard.

I have no basis? we're not talking games in general. Have you read the title lately? You just said pokemon black metagame has no strategy because people hack the game to make you grind more. That alone proves you don't know what your talking about when you say it has no strategy.

ps no one said pokemon black is hard
laugh.gif

HorseBox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lazy727 said:
Secondly, In pokemon black/white there is no grinding
What do you mean here? doesnt that entirely depend on how you want to play the game? If you want lvl 100 pokemon there will be grinding.

EDIT: also if you find it too easy, there are many ways to challenge yourself..

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Making a perfect pokemon in an unnatural way is bending the barriers made by the makers of the game. and thus called hacking. no matter what part they hack, a hacked game IS a hacked game.

yes because of the new EV system, grinding may not be needed. which make the game easier.

RTS games are better than Pokemon. Pokemon strategy is nothing compared to those games.

May I ask have you ever played Warcraft III DOTA map v6.71b? it's a mix of rpg and tower defense. trust me, each may be different than the other. there are lots of ways to win. even though if you reach Godlike. one mistake may end it all.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HorseBox said:
Lazy727 said:
Secondly, In pokemon black/white there is no grinding
What do you mean here? doesnt that entirely depend on how you want to play the game? If you want lvl 100 pokemon there will be grinding.

Exactly. ''Pokemon is what you make it.'' It can be a complex game of chess or a mindless battle of spamming your best moves. It can be anything really, that's why its such a great game and why it has endured.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
I have no basis? we're not talking games in general. Have you read the title lately? You just said pokemon black metagame has no strategy because people hack the game to make you grind more. That alone proves you don't know what your talking about when you say it has no strategy.

laugh.gif

Wait, what?

That was two separate arguments that you kinda mashed into one. Maybe you're confusing my points.

People hack the Pokemon games for like new hacks. Like Shiny Gold was a pretty popular (and awesome) Ruby hack. There was also Blood Diamond (I think that's what it was called) for Pokemon Diamond that made all the monsters, trainers, and gym leaders harder as well as added more wild Pokemon. That was a way of hackers making the game harder. That's in part what I was referring to. And for those hacks you needed to grind more to beat the trainers and survive against the wild Pokemon and beat the gym leaders.

As for multiplayer, I said the versus aspect of it wasn't all that hard either since it basically came down to a few select Pokemon only really being worthy of competitive play. If hackers just fuck with this by imposing impossible Pokemon (whether it be stats, moves, whatever), then the game is being made unrealistically hard. I could hack a fighting game to, I don't know, make my attacks hit for a bunch more. But that wouldn't really be a good example of making the game hard, it's just breaking the game.

I think you're getting confused at my points.

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Narayan said:
Making a perfect pokemon in an unnatural way is bending the barriers made by the makers of the game. and thus called hacking. no matter what part they hack, a hacked game IS a hacked game.

yes because of the new EV system, grinding may not be needed. which make the game easier.

RTS games are better than Pokemon. Pokemon strategy is nothing compared to those games.

May I ask have you ever played Warcraft III DOTA map v6.71b? it's a mix of rpg and tower defense. trust me, each may be different than the other. there are lots of ways to win. even though if you reach Godlike. one mistake may end it all.

It's not a matter of better. They're completely different. I hate when people act like their opinion is law. Pokemon is completely unique in its deep layering of activities and strategies. There are millions of possible sets.

HorseBox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lazy727 said:
Exactly. ''Pokemon is what you make it.'' It can be a complex game of chess or a mindless battle of spamming your best moves. It can be anything really, that's why its such a great game and why it has endured.
Well said

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
Lazy727 said:

laugh.gif

Wait, what?

That was two separate arguments that you kinda mashed into one. Maybe you're confusing my points.

People hack the Pokemon games for like new hacks. Like Shiny Gold was a pretty popular (and awesome) Ruby hack. There was also Blood Diamond (I think that's what it was called) for Pokemon Diamond that made all the monsters, trainers, and gym leaders harder as well as added more wild Pokemon. That was a way of hackers making the game harder. That's in part what I was referring to. And for those hacks you needed to grind more to beat the trainers and survive against the wild Pokemon and beat the gym leaders.

As for multiplayer, I said the versus aspect of it wasn't all that hard either since it basically came down to a few select Pokemon only really being worthy of competitive play. If hackers just fuck with this by imposing impossible Pokemon (whether it be stats, moves, whatever), then the game is being made unrealistically hard. I could hack a fighting game to, I don't know, make my attacks hit for a bunch more. But that wouldn't really be a good example of making the game hard, it's just breaking the game.

I think you're getting confused at my points.

see, thats where your showing your lack of knowledge. Smogon would lead you to believe theres only one way to win competitively but pokemon is more complex than you give it credit for. There's over 500 moves. If you think creatively, you can beat anybody with a theme set. And with the abundance of people hacking perfect pokemon, there's never a lack of challenge.
Again, you just don't know as much on this topic as I do. When you say pokemon isn't strategic, your speaking as a blind person.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lazy727 said:
see, thats where your showing your lack of knowledge. Smogon would lead you to believe theres only one way to win competitively but pokemon is more complex than you give it credit for. There's over 500 moves. If you think creatively, you can beat anybody with a theme set. And with the abundance of people hacking perfect pokemon, there's never a lack of challenge.
Again, you just don't know as much on this topic as I do. When you say pokemon isn't strategic, your speaking as a blind person.

I've played every main series Pokemon RPG. I'm not lacking knowledge. Stop talking down to me.

There's over 500 moves in Pokemon but it's not like every move is worth using. Hell, most of the moves are just weaker versions of other moves that you trash when you learn new ones. Like I said, there's like over 600 Pokemon but there's not nearly that many to use for serious competitive gameplay.

Pokemon is mostly just "Well, he's using that Pokemon, I'm using this Pokemon, so I know he's gonna use that. Better switch out." It's really not that complex, it's just a game of swapping. Compared to some other multiplayer games that take large amounts of skill, Pokemon ain't that hard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)