Hacking Pokemon Black Antifreeze?

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey everyone, I'm having trouble patching my Pokemon Black with Rudolph's patch. I have a clean Pokemon Black ROM as well as one thats already been patched for EXP and they both freeze. I thought I could live with it but it's really frustrating me D: But yeah, I've tried using both ROMs with Rudolph's Black Patch but I just get an error message saying "Can't find the universal code pattern to be patched." I've tried this with multiple clean ROMs as well as various patched ones and still get the same result. I have absolutely no idea what the error means or how to fix it ): If anyone could help me with patching or provide me with an alternate method to solve the freezing, I would be sooooo grateful. I'm using an Acekard RPG if that makes any difference, I'm not sure o:
Anyways, thanks for reading.
smile.gif

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
If yes, try formatting it with SD Formatter.
Find 'SD Formatter' on FileTrip.net
I've already tried formatting, the freezing still occurs. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm running a ROM pre-patched to get rid of the No-EXP problem. Thanks for the suggestion though
smile.gif

QUOTE(Mantis41 @ Apr 29 2011, 08:31 PM) I would guess your SD card is a bit on the slow side. Do movies stutter at the start of some games?
My SD seems to be running fine, the games load pretty quickly and I haven't experienced any lag at all in any of my games. However, in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue Rescue Team, I do sometimes get the "Gamecard has been removed, please turn off power and reinsert gamecard" error. But thats about it, every other game (apart from Black/White & Blue Rescue Team) runs perfectly. Also, Black/White & Blue Rescue Team all run at a normal speed, they just tend to freeze in B/W's case and get that error in Blue Rescue Team's case. :3

Z

Zorua

HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
I've already tried formatting, the freezing still occurs. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I'm running a ROM pre-patched to get rid of the No-EXP problem. Thanks for the suggestion though
smile.gif

No, you're not supposed to patch it because akaio was updated to support it.
Try using a clean (E) rom.
If it still doesn't work, try a different microSD.

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
smile.gif

OH! So if I use a clean ROM, I'll still gain EXP?

Z

Zorua

HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
smile.gif

Yeah, if you're on AKAIO 1.8.6a.

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
smile.gif

Awesome, thanks! Do I need to have anything disabled? Like Soft Reset or Anti-Piracy?

Z

Zorua

HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
smile.gif

Awesome, thanks! Do I need to have anything disabled? Like Soft Reset or Anti-Piracy?

Yeah, if it doesn't work, try disabling both.

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
smile.gif

I found a clean (E) ROM but I don't gain EXP using it D:

Z

Zorua

HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
smile.gif

That's weird....
Are you on 1.8.6a?
Try enabling Anti Piracy.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
please verify your ROM, by CRC, against a known good set listing. it is possible you are patching and repatching already patched ROMs.

as you have an rpg you can try both the wood rpg firmware and akaio. please try them both to see if one works better for you.

pokemon black was the game that only received a bad dump from what i remember. according to the conversations we have in #acekard when we were beta testing, the freezing is the result of a bad dump that everyone is using. normmatt made a comment that the dstt had a fix for the freezing but other teams were not going to implement it because its a bad dump. we did try to get it working on akaio but from what i can remember, even with the fix, the game still freezes in the union room (or something like that).

i'm not a pokemon player and i can't remember which roms were actually bad dumps. just passing on this information in the hopes it can help you to do some research to find out what might be causing your freezing.

-another world

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
HeyItsJono said:
Zorua said:
Are you using a microSD?
smile.gif

That's weird....
Are you on 1.8.6a?
Try enabling Anti Piracy.
I tried every combination of disabling/enabling Soft-Reset and Anti-Piracy possible but I still can't gain EXP D:

QUOTE(Another World @ Apr 30 2011, 07:11 AM)
please verify your ROM, by CRC, against a known good set listing. it is possible you are patching and repatching already patched ROMs.

as you have an rpg you can try both the wood rpg firmware and akaio. please try them both to see if one works better for you.

pokemon black was the game that only received a bad dump from what i remember. according to the conversations we have in #acekard when we were beta testing, the freezing is the result of a bad dump that everyone is using. normmatt made a comment that the dstt had a fix for the freezing but other teams were not going to implement it because its a bad dump. we did try to get it working on akaio but from what i can remember, even with the fix, the game still freezes in the union room (or something like that).

i'm not a pokemon player and i can't remember which roms were actually bad dumps. just passing on this information in the hopes it can help you to do some research to find out what might be causing your freezing.

-another world
The CRC of my supposedly clean ROM matches the CRC entry here: http://advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbrelds.php?id=5804 as does the directory name and the filename but I still get the error with Rudolph's Patch
frown.gif
Aww that's a shame. Sorry to bother you but you wouldn't happen to know where I could find that fix would you? I don't really mind not being able to get into the Union Room as long as I can still play the game without it freezing all the time. But thankyou for the information, I do appreciate it
smile.gif

About Rudolph's Patch, supposedly one of the AP measures implemented was the random freezing I seem to be getting and this is supposedly fixed by Rudolph's Patch but it doesn't seem let me patch. I keep getting that error. Am I doing something wrong?
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.