Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Hi!
I was thinking about starting to translate Pokemon Black and Whlite as soon as I'm able to download it. I've been reading a few things about ROM hacking and all that, and I'm not sure I can do what the documents explain...
I was wondering if there's going to be a forum where I can help with my knowledge about the Japanese language, and someone else can do the hacking part.

japanflag.png

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
The game isn't even out yet >.< You should probably wait till it's released and see if pokemon is still hackable, and then see if people are willing to help with a project that will surely get released in english. But looking back at hgss I do think you'll find some help.

But just wait and ask that question again when it's released.

And maybe you should ask to get the title of this topic changed, before noobs will flood this topic thinking the game somehow magically appeared.

D

Deleted-236924

I don't get why people waste their time translating games that we know for sure will be released in America less than a year later.
The only games that should be translated are those that will never leave Japan.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
miruki said:
KingVamp said:
Isn't the english one coming out bout the same time as the Japan one?
lol, when did that ever happen before? It's always a few months later.
tongue.gif

I will never understand why ppl can't just wait for the US/EUR releases tho....
Cause people haven't heard of the word patience... And with a translation they have someone they can really complain to when it doesn't go at the speed they want...

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I doubt you'll get very far, because for all that we know, the game might have different programming than D/P/Pt/HG/SS. So you probably won't be able to use the currently available tools.

D

Deleted_171835

YayMii said:
I doubt you'll get very far, because for all that we know, the game might have different programming than D/P/Pt/HG/SS. So you probably won't be able to use the currently available tools.
Well, it uses an entirely different engine. Not the DPPt/HGSS engine so he won't get far at all until they release new tools.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
SoulSnatcher said:
YayMii said:
Well, it uses an entirely different engine. Not the DPPt/HGSS engine so he won't get far at all until they release new tools.
Yeah and by the time those are released we may already have an USA version, maybe the next game will be announced already~!
tongue.gif

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game's not out yet and even when it is out, a translation would be pointless. It's due for English release soon after Japanese.

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
For all we know, there is some new AP thing that makes all our backup tools only backup a "loader" ROM, that just launches the actual data, while the actual data is hidden much more carefully (and intentionally) than the save data for Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver.

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. nintendo might put all files in some hard to decrypt file(s).
2. different file types used to hold text/misc, etc

Alex221

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
The game's not out yet and even when it is out, a translation would be pointless. It's due for English release soon after Japanese.
its not pointless translating.translating a game is good for practice,besides if he wants to do a translation when the j rom is out let him,dont be telling him that its pointsless just caus the english version is 6 and a half months later.

Poryhack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Yes the engine is different but possibly, I would even say likely, not in this respect. Not significantly at least. We are still talking about the same platform, same developer, and same franchise here; reusing stuff is only logical.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
By the time the tools appear and the patch is finished, USA/EUR versions will have been out for like months probably...

Just saying, I don't think it's worth it. A Walkthrough would be much more productive...less fun, yeah, but more productive

Mr.Positive

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just hope that we won't have the same translation shitstorm that we had last year when HGSS first released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM