Status
Not open for further replies.

killnnllik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I am trying to, when people find the location of the games text source I am more then willing to help them translate it

gsmumbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
We have many good japan game not translated and i think this thread is pointless

Well obviously this is a good Japan game that people want translated and others are willing to translate. So it's not pointless.
smile.gif

Raynar

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
zizer said:
We have many good japan game not translated and i think this thread is pointless
Somewhat an opinion not a fact right there... If you thinks it's pointless then form a translation team on the other Japanese games you feel that need it. Hell I want Xenosaga I and II, Blood of Bahamut, and ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat (Even the there's guy almost done with it.). But do you see me complaining. No...

But regardless people want this game in English anyway, just like any other Japanese game... If there group willing to do it then all power to them. Show them support and enjoy it simple.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
gsmumbo said:
zizer said:

Well obviously this is a good Japan game that people want translated and others are willing to translate. So it's not pointless.
smile.gif
What he probably means is that it's pointless to translate a game that is gonna get an english release anyway.
There are a lot of projects that are dropped because the english version came out faster than their translation.
Except for maybe a menu/attack patch it isn't really worth it IMO.

This is why I mostly support older games that won't get an english version.
Like the finished TOI, Soma Bringer, JUS and the recent Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side: 1st Love Plus.

Black.Ice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AstralFunBunny said:
It's not that hard to keep track of your moves just by checking on serebii or what have you to see what moves your pokes will be getting and when though. Plus you can look at the move to see if it's an attack or not.

Heaven forbid pen and paper make themselves useful again.
are you denying the fact that a simple menu/attack translation would make things infinitely simpler?

link_991

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic is pretty pointless until someone actually starts working on a translation, until then it's just people arguing over their opinions

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want proper, accurate and sure to be completed translations wait for localization in your country. Menu and attack translations would help people that just want to play pokemon but for people that like the stories (ME) should wait for localization.

saulislegit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im willing to Do a paypal Donation to Any one who does it Team or whatever! I understand a basic translation May be hard and tough but it will sure shut every one up about it
smile.gif

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saulislegit said:
Im willing to Do a paypal Donation to Any one who does it Team or whatever! I understand a basic translation May be hard and tough but it will sure shut every one up about it
smile.gif
2nd

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why are people asking for a translation into english...personally, i'm going to wait for the us release and dl that, but play part of the jp release to see if it's any good...the only worthwjile translations imho are ones into languages where there won't be a specific language release.

bluebowser31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well no ofense raynar, but probably most people have never heard of those games... including me.

go anywhere in the US, ask someone what pokemon is, and i would bet everyone would have at least heard of it (seriously, all the comercials, advertisements, people who play it, tv show, cards, and, obviously, the games, everyone has heard it.)

so tahts why people are asking 4 this, sure maybe 5 people wont complain, but somewhere in hundreds of people, somone is bound to.

now, can someone tell me what "hexing" a ds game is, and if it would realy make it english? O.e

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
translation for Pokemon names, menus, and moves only, everything else is pointless and will take more time. We don;'t need a story translation as that's what the tempers that can read Japanese & help threads are for.

niedy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
all i would like is menu and batlles and stuff just so i can identify what moves using and who is being switched in

makkusu19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay i just read this topic from the beginning and i have to say some people got a point and some people don't like i honestly think we don't need a full translation just like everyone's saying translate , menu , attacks , items ,and moves stuff like that but on the other hand we kinda don't even need that i mean guys the game comes out in Spring , March 2011 (only 6 months left) so yea , but i got to admit i don't got patient to wait ether cause i just played it right now (literally) and its so annoying cause i don't understand it so it would be cool if they made a translation but if not this game is worth the wait (oh btw this is my first post on any forum i just saw the topic and read everything i just had to reply lol )

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
makkusu19 said:
Okay i just read this topic from the beginning and i have to say some people got a point and some people don't like i honestly think we don't need a full translation just like everyone's saying translate , menu , attacks , items ,and moves stuff like that but on the other hand we kinda don't even need that i mean guys the game comes out in Spring , March 2011 (only 6 months left) so yea , but i got to admit i don't got patient to wait ether cause i just played it right now (literally) and its so annoying cause i don't understand it so it would be cool if they made a translation but if not this game is worth the wait (oh btw this is my first post on any forum i just saw the topic and read everything i just had to reply lol )

If it's so annoying, you can always learn Japanese. To learn Japanese, you must have patience.

Translating a menu, the attacks(which is the same as moves), items and moves, would take a little while to do by yourself, depending on how many menus you want translated and how many moves/items there are. Then of course, you have to insert it all back in. If you don't have patience, how do you expect to handle the real world? Cause in life, without patience, you're not going to get very far.

redillusions

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, all i want is a translation of the moves, items, and important and dire dialogue. Id be fine with that. If i knew hacking id do it myself, alas i do not know anything of the sort, makes me mad
hate2.gif
. Oh well, good luck to you my friend, may your project prove fruitful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all