Country
Saia_ said:
xMiniM1 said:
bluelaserman said:
xMiniM1 said:
I use Desmume.

Latest one?

As far as I know, yeah. 0.9.6

Then you have to patch the rom and open it with desmume?!

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Did you follow the directions of the guide correctly? Meaning you didn't skip a SINGLE step? Make sure you change the settings and SAV options.

Saia_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
bluelaserman said:
Did you follow the directions of the guide correctly? Meaning you didn't skip a SINGLE step? Make sure you change the settings and SAV options.

Yea, i did ._.
Why not? I did ALL right ... using now RudolfV4, not V1 or anything else, whats in the folder.
Took the original Rom, patched it with Rudolf, then with the ips patcher (with or without ips patcher i can boot the game, then new game, and after i choosed an option, idk what it is, the first option, then the first few letters, FREEEEEEEEEZE~~ ._.
Wtz or witzout patcher, and this time i had tryed out the ORIGINAL way, i mean without english patcher, because this ran at ma flashcard, but now, FREEEEEZE .__.'

What can I do ... ?!

BTW I usw desmume 0.9.6 x86, too, and i didn't got a folder like DeSmuME2010EX ...

Bluelaserman

I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Saia_ said:
bluelaserman said:

Yea, i did ._.
Why not? I did ALL right ... using now RudolfV4, not V1 or anything else, whats in the folder.
Took the original Rom, patched it with Rudolf, then with the ips patcher (with or without ips patcher i can boot the game, then new game, and after i choosed an option, idk what it is, the first option, then the first few letters, FREEEEEEEEEZE~~ ._.
Wtz or witzout patcher, and this time i had tryed out the ORIGINAL way, i mean without english patcher, because this ran at ma flashcard, but now, FREEEEEZE .__.'

What can I do ... ?!

BTW I usw desmume 0.9.6 x86, too, and i didn't got a folder like DeSmuME2010EX ...

My Method to get it running:
1. Get a CLEAN rom. Name it PKMBK.nds
2. Patch with V4 Rudolf. Will give PKMBK.nds (Rename to PKMBKV1.nds) and PKMBK.bak
3. English Patch on PKMBKV1.nds
4. Patch V3 Rudolf on PKMBKV1.nds Will give Will give PKMBKV1.nds (Rename to PKMBKFINAL.nds) and PKMBKV1.bak
5. Get WAIO.
6. Put PKMBKFINAL.nds on MicroSD
7. Create SAV file with DeSmuME2 OR Use an existing SAV file. Rename SAV file as PKMBKFINAL.SAV
8. Copy that SAV file and make another one called PKMBKFINAL (Don't add .SAV if its already a SAV file)
9. Put both PKMBKFINAL.SAV and PKMBKFINAL into the MicroSD
10. Boot up and run WOODR4SDHC.nds or WOODR4DLDI.nds
11. Go down to PKMBKFINAL.nds
12. Change Press Y till you are at the settings.
13. Select save type as 64M and Press R
14. Make Cheats in GAME(AR) too off. Do the same with Reset in Game.
15. Press Start and go down to settings.
16. Press R till at Patches.
17. Turn them both off.
18. BOOT THE GAME. IT SHOULD WORK. IF NOT, BUY A DSTWO.

xMiniM1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluelaserman said:
Saia_ said:
xMiniM1 said:
bluelaserman said:
xMiniM1 said:
I use Desmume.

Latest one?

As far as I know, yeah. 0.9.6

Then you have to patch the rom and open it with desmume?!

Does anyone have a solution to my problem?

Not sure if you were talking to more or not, but: Yeah, I did. I even did it again just to make sure. When I load my save, it freezes about half a second after it loads.
frown.gif

Genyus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, I'm guessing my problem could be firmware too considering I tried nearly everything but that. Anyone know the latest firmware for DSTT?

And whats the hype around DSTWO? (I haven't kept myself up to date lately
tongue.gif
)

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
this is weird

pokemon black pacthed official v3 with play patch v4 i get freeze in union room but whn ive done the same patching to white it dosnt ????

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bluelaserman said:
Saia_ said:
bluelaserman said:

Yea, i did ._.

What can I do ... ?!

My Method to get it running:
1. Get a CLEAN rom. Name it PKMBK.nds
2. Patch with V4 Rudolf. Will give PKMBK.nds (Rename to PKMBKV1.nds) and PKMBK.bak
3. English Patch on PKMBKV1.nds
4. Patch V3 Rudolf on PKMBKV1.nds Will give Will give PKMBKV1.nds (Rename to PKMBKFINAL.nds) and PKMBKV1.bak
5. Get WAIO.
6. Put PKMBKFINAL.nds on MicroSD
7. Create SAV file with DeSmuME2 OR Use an existing SAV file. Rename SAV file as PKMBKFINAL.SAV
8. Copy that SAV file and make another one called PKMBKFINAL (Don't add .SAV if its already a SAV file)
9. Put both PKMBKFINAL.SAV and PKMBKFINAL into the MicroSD
10. Boot up and run WOODR4SDHC.nds or WOODR4DLDI.nds
11. Go down to PKMBKFINAL.nds
12. Change Press Y till you are at the settings.
13. Select save type as 64M and Press R
14. Make Cheats in GAME(AR) too off. Do the same with Reset in Game.
15. Press Start and go down to settings.
16. Press R till at Patches.
17. Turn them both off.
18. BOOT THE GAME. IT SHOULD WORK. IF NOT, BUY A DSTWO.

So the only way you got it running was to run it under WAIO? Was this for a flashcart of emulator? Seems .... odd that you would have go through all that just to get it to work.

Soaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I did exactly what is written in the 1st post, but when I click on "apply patch", nothing happens. What can I do ?

Soaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
BobTheJoeBob said:
Soaline said:
I did exactly what is written in the 1st post, but when I click on "apply patch", nothing happens. What can I do ?
*sigh* Just wait about five minutes and it should be done.

I wait more than that before posting
wink.gif
I have watched the video to look if I made some mistakes or not, but no.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Soaline said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Soaline said:

wink.gif
Check the folder in which the original game was, and there should be a duplicate. If not, use the original one, that might've been patched instead.

Soaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know how that works, there is no patched file in my folder.
I don't know if my rom is already patched or not. I have 2 different roms, and the first doesn't work on my card, the second does. Experience works on it too.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
Soaline said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Soaline said:

wink.gif

Check the folder in which the original game was, and there should be a duplicate. If not, use the original one, that might've been patched instead.

There are a number of people having issues with the patch (less then those who have gotten it to work, but a substantial amount). Its not helpful to anyone if you assume they just don't know what they are doing.

QUOTE(Soaline @ Oct 14 2010, 11:14 AM)
I know how that works, there is no patched file in my folder.
I don't know if my rom is already patched or not. I have 2 different roms, and the first doesn't work on my card, the second does. Experience works on it too.
If you are using xDelta GUI and nothing happens, the patching might have failed. The GUI is just an interface between the user and the command-line tool. It doesn't report back if anything goes wrong. If you know how to use the command-line tool, try patching it with that. If you get an error message post it here. 9 out of 10, the problem is xdelta doesn't "think" the ROM you are using is the correct ROM for the patch (believe it based off of MD5 or ROM ID). This might be happening because the ROM was patched with the EXP/AP patch (by who-ever/where-ever yo got the ROM or yourself). If you are sure you have a clean ROM, then the problem might be due to how you patched it. You have to patch it a bit differently then you did with earlier releases. There are new patching instructions on the main page (not sure if these are the ones you followed):

CODE
Patch Instructions:
> Obtain a clean ROM (Dump it yourself or find it elsewhere don't ask us for it)
> Make sure you pet everything in the same folder!
> Download Rudolph's AP patches: Pokemon Black, Pokemon White
> Apply your ROM to Rudolph's patch
> Now open xDelta Gui: Download it here.
> Click "Select Patch" and choose 'Black.patch' or 'white.patch' depending on what you downloaded
> Now choose 'Select ROM' and navigate to the Rudolph patched ROM
> Now click on "Apply Patch" wait until it's done
> Try it out and give some feedback

If that doesn't work, I suggest trying the TTDS/DSTT patch as that seems to work for those who are having problems with the normal patch. Beyond that, you can post here and hopefully someone can help you out.

Soaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for your answer.

I've done what you quote from the 1st post. But as I said, I don't know if the rom I have is already patched or not. I think it is (exp works).

And with the other one I have, I didn't try, because it doesn't work on my card. Even if I patch it for translating, I guess it will not fix that problem ^^

And I don't know how to patch with the command-line tool.

I'm trying to find another rom to try again
wink.gif

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've decided to make patches for the games that will include the EXP fix. That way many people won't have trouble trying to apply multiple patches resulting in multiple problems. I will hopefully have them up later today.

Soaline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Oh, thanks Spenstar !

I've tried with my over rom, CLEAN. Patched with Rudolf's patch (patch worked) but again, when I try to patch it with the translation patch, nothing happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: See I'm a good match maker I always knew he wouldnt leave over luke +1