1. .Chris

.Chris Clueless

United States
    You got a point there. [​IMG]

2. Trollology

Trollology Banned
    Banned

Canada
    Hey guys sorry I'm kind of new to this translation.
    Exactly what does this translate?
    Everything? Or like menus, etc.
    Thanks

3. Omega_2

Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Just about everything, just not the High link, and the sporting arenas. Maybe some other stuff, but beyond Elite Four is english.

4. EvangelionEX

EvangelionEX GBAtemp Regular

Senegal
    Wait...Is the save file format .sav in flashcarts? So all I need is to convert the .dsv(Desmume emulator save format?) to .sav and copy and paste to my DSTWO and that's it?

5. Acenima

Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yes, the DSTWO has .sav format saves. So just convert them to .sav and it should work.

6. EvangelionEX

Senegal
    Alright thanks. School is starting and my mum said that I can't play my DSi nor the comp(unless for hw purposes) until Friday, Saturday and Sunday T_T And, if I calculated correctly, my DSTWO arrives at 14th Jan(sch reopen at 4th Jan)

OH WELL.

Thanks for the help anyway XD Have a nice day.

7. Spenstar

OP Spenstar "Leave it to me"

United States
    Alright, well it looks like the project has drawn to a close leaving v7 as the final version of this translation for Pokemon B&W. I hope all of you have enjoyed the work that has been put into this, which has lead to the game being ~95% translated! (IMO, this has been one of the most organized and successful Pokemon Translations I have ever seen!) I have updated my fist post so that the confusion will hopefully die down about if there will be a v8 and such.

I and the other members will continue to answer questions when they come up, so feel free to ask if you have them! [​IMG]

8. EvangelionEX

Senegal
    Aww...No more V8? I thought it would be fully translated, but still VERY GOOD JOB. Really, I appreciate it. There's no pay for them or something yet they are willing to shell out their time and took the effort to translate. Thanks very much XD

Though, is there really no way for v8? [​IMG]

9. Ziggy Zigzagoon

Ziggy Zigzagoon GBAtemp Fan

He is way too old to believe that. I shall just tell him that the project ended. (Besides, I was thinking that my brothers and I all buy the true and honest United States versions and start off at the same time, just like Bel, Cheren, and the protagonist.)

Either way, congratulations for your direction and input, Spenstar-san! Give my appreciations for those who also did work in the translation!

P.S. To the previous post, if Spenstar-san is correct, then anyone can make a 100% patch for themselves. AS to actually sharing the patch, that is another matter.

10. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

United States
    Seriously! Someone should explain all of the known issues thoroughly!

11. R2DJ

R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

I'm fine with the project stopping. Thanks to the team who were a part of this! Like Spenstar said, this project was really really well-organized and well developed. I'm fine with 95% of the game translated since I only played this game for getting the exclusives in Black and anything else that you can't experienced in Pokemon White (the version that I will buy when it comes out)

12. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Malaysia
    When someone dumps the usa version, can I has new logo patch?

13. chrisruls00

chrisruls00 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So, what is actually untranslated? I've been playing v7 for a while and I haven't really seen any untranslated text left. Is most of it in multi-player/Wi-Fi stuff? I haven't actually tried WiFi yet, since my college's WiFi doesn't work with the DS.

Anyways, great job on the patch! Much more organized than the HG/SS if you ask me. Although I am going to get the US versions, I've actually considered keeping the fan translated version as my "main" game. I just want to say thanks to everyone that worked on this patch and devoted lots of their free time to making this awesome translation for everyone to enjoy!

14. Acenima

Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    From what Ive seen is C-gear,wifi, some of the stuff on tv, and from what ive heard its translated right before the elite 4

15. YayMii

YayMii hi

Canada
    *facepalm* Could've had a V8.

16. Omega_2

Omega_2 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    And well after the E4, as far as I can tell. Cynthia is strong ._.
    That one town you get to via the Battle Subway is a non essential town, and after the guy in the bridge, all Japanese.

Advice: do NOT buy the Magikarp from that one guy on the Wonder Bridge, I'm sure we can find it in the wild somewhere XD

@YayMii
    Posting lame puns, eh?
    Here's one from me then: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIBKTNqhScM

17. DJPlace

DJPlace the hater of something i can't recall.

United States
    well good job guys well done. and does it matter if your pokemon are black or white!! i'll start playing this and still play it when english is released so yeah good work.

18. dude of the gree

dude of the gree Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Actually, thats the only way to get Magikarp this Gen, without pokéshifting in from an older game.

19. B3astinSnipes

B3astinSnipes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Great work on the patch and thanks for allowing us people to have and use it. For me its fine at 95 percent because in 3 months the english game will release! Happy Holidays everyone [​IMG]

20. PyRoManiAcV3

PyRoManiAcV3 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States

It does suck that you guys can't do a full translation [​IMG]. Would be nice to have a full version before it's official release, ha.
    But I'd have to agree that this was definitely THEE most organized and successful translation project I've ever seen. Sucks I couldn't help with it, though.

ANyways, thanks to you and everyone who delivered this to us!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Pokemon, English

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.