Pokemon Black and White English Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Spenstar, Sep 24, 2010.

?
  1. xDelta is not working for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Patched game is not working

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am having no problems at all!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellentnuke

Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 19, 2008
    United States
    On a boat
    When I run the patch on a clean ROM and patch the old logos with English names, I get an error when I run this in WoodM3 about a fragmented ROM. I used GameBooster to defrag the ROM, but I still get an error about a fragmented ROM. Help?

2. renes2

renes2 ~New World~

Mar 14, 2009
    Germany
    NRW
    hmm... my brother have a problem with pkmn black: He cant go in the union room.
    Now, my question:

Can I patch the already patched Pokemon black edition?
    Or sholud it be a clean rom??^^

3. Hakoda

Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

Feb 2, 2008
    United States
    San Jose, CA
    Its been going around that the Pokemon Black dump from Bahamut was a bad one and the union room was corrupted as you can go into it in White just not Black. The Black ROM with CRC CA679BAF is the Bahamut release and supposedly corrupted while another dump with CRC 9FC7CB7E is clean and works with the union room. I, personally, have not found the second dump. Some report it works after patching with Rudolph's Universal Patch.

4. Arshes91

Arshes91 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2010
    Italy
    [​IMG] COOL it s already V6 translation for BW english now enough all i like this hardest project i hope to continue new update and maybe V7 i will stop here for my reason for not spoiler the unofficial or real story.

Long life for pokemon BW and 5 gen ^^

5. Spenstar
    OP

Spenstar "Leave it to me"

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Well, it looks like we will be seeing a v6.5 soon [​IMG]

6. nathancnc

nathancnc GBAtemp Regular

Apr 24, 2010
    United States
    Love the patch, great work guys!

7. leeday100196

leeday100196 GBAtemp's Official Infernape™

Sep 24, 2010
    My computer in Sharpedo Bluff
    okay i just figured out why we still cant pokeshift if your a noob like me... its not because the patch isnt fixing the problem, its because you cant transfer from a different-nationality game! and here i was thinking that there was something wrong with the game (ie before: cant transfer from a Australian game to a Japanese ROM...)sorry if this is off topic but it does mildly relate to the patch.

8. XXLANCEXX

XXLANCEXX GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 13, 2009
    United States
    In my house
    So in V6 is the main story translated????

9. Fishaman P

Fishaman P Speedrunner

Jan 2, 2010
    United States
    Wisconsin
    You mean to say you were trying to transfer from an English 4th Gen game to a translated B/W game?

10. NejinOniwa

NejinOniwa Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 18, 2010
    I'm getting a weird error: Running White on my R4 SDHC flashcart, no crashes and everything is just fine and translated and all. EXCEPT: The PC is bugged out to the max. When I try depositing or even opening a box, it gives me a blue screen with a japanese error message and freezes that way.

Upon exploring the boxes in Pokesav/PokeGen, i discover what appears to be trash/corrupt entries in the boxes. Like, (none) pokemon with exp and stuff. This seems to be the reason; oddly enough, though the entries re-create themselves when I erase the save and make a new one, it'd seem.
    [​IMG]
    What could I be doing wrong?

11. shayminSKY

shayminSKY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    Australia
    SOOOOOOO DOES THE BATTLE SUBWAY WORK 100% OR NOT. SOME ONE GIVE ME AN ANSWER! plz

12. Spenstar
    OP

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    From what I'm getting from other people, the Battle Subway is not 100% working. Kaarosu said that v6.5 should have the Battle Subway working with out any problems.

13. omegasoul6

omegasoul6 ಠ_ಠ

Aug 16, 2007
    Canada
    Toronto
    If anyone's getting some Fatal or bad bugs/Glitch's/Spelling Mistakes Just pm me with them and ill pm Kaarosu Personally to tell him [​IMG]

14. vanillakokakola

vanillakokakola Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2010
    United States
    California
    Three Questions:

1) What percentage of the game is complete (I wasn't able to figure this out from the changelog. It says 80% of one thing is complete and 95% of another thing, but I want to know how much is complete overall)?

2) Where am I going to run into Japanese text? I guess another way of asking this would be what hasn't been translated yet.

3) When the US version comes out, will I be able to use this save on it, or will I have to start over?

15. WitoRIT92

WitoRIT92 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 24, 2009
    United States
    hmmm which one to choose ??

16. josking

josking Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2008
    Philippines
    I can only answer 2 & 3 as I haven't gone to the 5th and above town.

2. You're gonna be running to them mainly because they're unimportant. I've talked to 2 NPCs so far with Japanese text.

3. I believe you have to start over. Not sure.. But almost 100% sure that I'm correct.

17. vanillakokakola

vanillakokakola Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 5, 2010
    United States
    California
    Thanks! I'll just plan on having to start over, that way if I don't have to, it's a nice surprise.

18. WarioMCP

WarioMCP Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    More than likely you won't have to start over. Save files from all other pokemon games (iirc) work cross-region and even cross-version (Diamond save works for Pearl. Soul Silver save works for Heart Gold). Even if it doesn't work right off the bat, I'm sure you can change the region of your save in pokesav and it'll work then

19. Exbaddude

Exbaddude The Prince.

Jul 3, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    I'm just wondering, overall how much of the game is translated ?

20. Spenstar
    OP

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Hope that helps [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.