Pokemon Black and White English Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Spenstar, Sep 24, 2010.

?
  1. xDelta is not working for me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Patched game is not working

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I am having no problems at all!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MightyNugget

MightyNugget Member

Newcomer
    Sep 18, 2009
    United States
    Ahh, I posted a long time ago. I managed to fix my problem with your advice. :3 Thank you! Makes playing the game a lot easier.

2. B3astinSnipes

B3astinSnipes GBAtemp Fan

Sep 18, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    do i have to use the ap patch for r4i? cuz they fixed black and white on the ocober 14th update

3. TheDarkSeed

TheDarkSeed I'm a pretentious sack of shit

May 11, 2009
    United States
    Carson
    Wow v5? That's good news. Nice to see it's still moving forward

4. Spenstar
    OP

Spenstar "Leave it to me"

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Yep, v5 has been out for a week now [​IMG]

5. synko96

synko96 Newbie

Does Pokésav work on a sav file of a V5 Translated game ?? because when i try to open my V5.sav file, it gives me an error with some weird symbols..

[​IMG]

btw Good Luck on the translation Project and take your time for the V6 Patch lolz V5 is seriously a great Patch! Thanks in advance.

6. .Chris

.Chris Clueless

Feb 20, 2009
    United States
    United States
    Amazing!! Can't wait for v6!

7. Spenstar
    OP

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Hmm, when I open my v5 save in Pokesav, it worked just fine for me. :wtf: It might be because I'm using this one?

8. synko96

synko96 Newbie

Im gonna try the one you gave me and ill get back to you on that, because all i wanna do is edit my Daikenki's name because when i used the new english patch, his name stayed as Futachimar (previous evolution).. so ya i only wanna fix his name and a few other ones too... and Thanks for giving me that link ill try it. [​IMG]

9. synko96

synko96 Newbie

Nope, didnt work sadly [​IMG] still gave me that same error code, and i also tried it with older patch sav files..

10. Spenstar
    OP

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Dang.. have you tried opening a regular .sav (a save from a clean game) file and see what happens? If you still get that error, then it might be your computer :/

11. The 'latest' firmware for your card came out in 2009. It's too outdated to play any game now. You should try alternatives like WAIO.
    EDIT: I looked up your card and found this: http://filetrip.net/f20085-R4III-4-03-English.html
    Backup your original system files and put all from that archive to your sd card.

12. dark_sol

dark_sol Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2006
    Canada

I have the same card and the solution that works for me is found here:http://gbatemp.net/t255489-pokemon-white-b...tional-tutorial?
    Make sure to be on the 4.03 firmware that is provided in the post before mine, then follow all the steps in tutorial I linked to. This was the only way I managed to get Pokemon White and other newer games to play on my R4-III.

13. That guide is too long. These steps should work:

1.- Download and follow the steps here: http://gbatemp.net/t237398-waio-woodallinone (Download the link in the section thats says "Installation" and put ALL the contents of the "build" folder on the root of your R4.

2.- Load up the R4 and go into WAIO.nds and then from there load up WoodR4dldi.nds.

3.- Then load up your patched rom (By rudolph's patch or only exp patch, i'm using only exp patched rom) and it should work!

If it doesn't work, combine it with the saves here: http://www.4shared.com/file/nJq1KUBJ/Save_files.html

Use the one which corresponds with your version and rename it to match with the name of your rom.

The Rudolph and Lunar IPS exp patches can be found here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7GNFPEW5

You should apply it on a clean rom.

14. shayminSKY

shayminSKY Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2009
    United States
    Australia
    Has anyone found a shiny using the patch? or is there some kind of glitch that prevents you from finding a shiny while using the patch? Soo have u found a shiny?

15. Shiny pokemon are really rare and I don't think using a translation patch will prevent you from finding one.

16. Spenstar
    OP

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    I have just released a beta version of a Patcher that I created!

You can find it here: Pokemon Black/White Patcher

Please try it out and give me some feedback! [​IMG]

17. boof222

boof222 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 26, 2009
    NSW
    Yeah I've got a legit shiny hitomoshi using the patch. It took me ages to find, but not as long as I thought it would, I guess i got lucky [​IMG]

18. Spenstar
    OP

Jun 16, 2009
    United States
    Same here, shiny Pokemon are obtainable in the patched version of the game, Its just awesome luck of you encounter one [​IMG]

19. gameking66

gameking66 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 9, 2010
    United States
    The chance of shiny Pokemon occuring is 1/8192 (or 8/65535) in every game that shinies exist. Don't be surprised if you never find one, I've only found one in all my years of playing Pokemon.

20. golden realm

golden realm Member

Newcomer
    Oct 27, 2010
    United States
    What so special about shiny pokemon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.