Pokemon Black and Pokemon White

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Kyoton, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Kyoton
    OP

Kyoton GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    So, with the advent of the god-tier PokeWalker within HGSS, what do you think is going to happen next?

I think that the Walker is going to get an update somehow, maybe pick up a wifi signal to connect with others in a network as opposed to an infra red signal? Might get expensive though... But would totally work if it just picked up a LAN Wi-Fi connection.

While that Wi-Fi update would be a bit too intense, maybe the ability to play mini games with your Pokemon and earn Watts? Make it more similar to Pokemon Pikachu. I have been wishing for the last two weeks that I had that opportunity! I am out of the country and my charger wont work with the converters here. :\ All I can do is bounce my foot up and down to get Watts.

TLDR: What PokeWalker updates will happen?

2. Kyoton
    OP

Kyoton GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    Perhaps different Pokeball face plates?

3. rockstar99

rockstar99 Hi

Dec 3, 2008
    Canada
    Toronto
    I think every single pokemon game from today will have pokewalkers and it will be the same as the hgss ones so that any pokewalker can be used with any pokemon game

4. Dark Blade

Dark Blade Flippin' Insane

Dec 11, 2009
    Inside a Pokeball.
    Makes sense. That way people are more motivated to buy the game.

5. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone
    The PokeWalker seemed like a one-time thing. The fact is people buy Pokemon games, a lot of them. Even pirates will do it. I think it's because owning the physical cartridge and having your own team makes everything seem more personal. When you just pirate the game, you can play it, tweak your save file with PokeSav, use cheats, whatever. With a physical cartridge, it feels more like "your party". That's just my guess.

Most Pokemon games come with figurines or stuff anyway as an incentive to buy.

6. Sterling

Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

Jan 22, 2009
    United States
    Texas
    Exactly. I bought Soul Silver, and I have played the crap out of it. If I had pirated it, I would have gotten bored and stopped playing it after the elite four. :/

7. XWolf

XWolf GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 9, 2009
    I like the Pokewalker - means I can get some Pokeaction at work!

DSL too obvious in the office.