Pokemon black 2(U) and R4i RTS lite Wifi?

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by xGreen, Nov 3, 2012.

1. xGreen
    OP

xGreen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2011
    Canada
    Hi guys,

I've spent the past few days trying to get connected to wifi on Pokemon Black 2 on my 3DS, but I keep failing. I have WPA2 encrypted wifi, and I get a successful connection on my 3DS (Through settings), but when I try connecting to wifi in-game, I fail.

Is the problem with the Flashcard I am using (Is the flashcard itself not compatible with WPA2 encryption?), or is it the actual game?

If anyone can shed some light, I greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Green

2. Jiehfeng

Jiehfeng A not so serious guy tbh... ;D

Aug 15, 2012
    New Caledonia
    Inside your miiind, and poof.
    WPA only works for DS games.

3. jowan

jowan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2008
    Colombia
    Darmstadt
    Pokemon Black 2 is DSi enhanced, so it should work with a WPA2, but since flashcards only run in DS mode and not DSi, it won't work, you need a WEP Wifi or with no security

Rydian and Jiehfeng like this.
  4. xGreen
    OP

xGreen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2011
    Canada
    I see. Thank you for the info! :)

If any one happens to know any workarounds, mind letting me know? :D

5. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Just change ur internet security to WEP.

6. jowan

jowan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2008
    Colombia
    Darmstadt
    Enter the modems inner setup, and set the security to WEP. IMO thats very risky, so I used to plug a Linksys router to my house modem so it wouldnt affect everyone

7. xGreen
    OP

xGreen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2011
    Canada
    Yeah, I'm not too keen on changing my wifi encryption for the sake of wanting to trade a few Pokemon and wifi battling once in a blue moon. :/ I tried digging around to see if I could make multiple wireless connections, but when I tried creating one, there was no option for a WEP encryption, LOL. Everything was WPA or greater.

I'll see if I can find our old trendnet router, since it used WEP encryption, although I think we threw it out. :(

8. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    In order to trade pokemon online the connection needs internet access, so regardless of which router you set it up through, once it's functional you WILL have a WEP-secured access point that can access the internet... so you might as well do it with your current connection.

9. jowan

jowan GBAtemp Regular

Jun 10, 2008
    Colombia
    Darmstadt
    YOu can always change the router's configuration every time you want to use it, although that's reeeeally annoying (self experience)

10. xGreen
    OP

xGreen Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2011
    Canada
    Yeah it does sound annoying and what's ironic is that this is exactly what I ened up doing. -_-" A huge pain in the ass, but I guess that's the price I was willing to pay.

Thanks to all that helped with my questions. :lol: