Kiok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
I know this is very old news and i dont really care, but are they even going to plan to release a fix for it? And please dont give me some bullshit saying that its not compatible. Because some people in the past said that r4ds doesnt have the hardware to support Download Play. And of course download play doesn work on r4 till now. (scarasm)

dogman

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Kiok said:
I know this is very old news and i dont really care, but are they even going to plan to release a fix for it? And please dont give me some bullshit saying that its not compatible. Because some people in the past said that r4ds doesnt have the hardware to support Download Play. And of course download play doesn work on r4 till now. (scarasm)
im not sure but... have you tried to play any other DS + Wii compatible games besides pokemon? Like Galaxy Wars or something else... Does it work?

I haven't tried it myself, that's why I'm asking... This way, you would know if the hardware is compatible or not...

Serabii

Trophies
XP
Country
I can say this... Galaxy Wars DS-2-Wii connectivity is working on my R4, I haven't tried connecting through Pokemon D/P -2- PBR tho...

but the difference in Galaxy wars connectivity is because you load the game first (both DS and Wii) and then connect, on the other hand PBR needs (correct me if I'm wrong) to download play then load D/P cartridge to connect it...

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serabii said:
I can say this... Galaxy Wars DS-2-Wii connectivity is working on my R4, I haven't tried connecting through Pokemon D/P -2- PBR tho...

but the difference in Galaxy wars connectivity is because you load the game first (both DS and Wii) and then connect, on the other hand PBR needs (correct me if I'm wrong) to download play then load D/P cartridge to connect it...

Nope, that's not exactly how it works. You need to launch the game on both the Wii and the DS first. On the DS that last screen before the game loads -- where you see your game summary (trainer name, badges, Pokedex count, etc) -- there's also an option for Wii connect. You then choose a similar option within PBR and then the two units talk to each other.

Once linked you can synchronize your pokedex so that you have all your pokes on the Wii that you caught in the DS game. Or you can do trainer battles with someone else that has a DS... similar to what you could do with a GBA and Gamecube with the FR/LG, R/S/E and Colloseum and XD Gale of Darkness.

striderx

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thebobevil said:
I take it the regions have to match ... PAL PBR with PAL PD/PP, NTSC-U PBR with NTSC-U PD/PP ... ?

Well, since there is no such thing as a PAL or NTSC DS game (those are regional television broadcast technology standards that have nothing to do with a handheld game of any kind) then I doubt it for that reason.

The DS itself has no region coding. That's why you can play releases from different regions (USA, Japan, Europe, etc...) on any DS. But it's possible that a Japanese DS game could only link with a Japanese Wii game and so on.

I don't know the answer. And since I only have US games and the Wii connect doesn't work with the R4, I can't test my US version of PBR with a PD/PP using a different region's ROM.

Anyone else out there tried to mix DS and Wii games from different regions?

striderx

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Not all flash carts support handheld to console linking in every game. This statement applies with either GBA>GC or DS>Wii.

Actually, there is some way for DS games to detect the hardware region. Legit Chinese iQue DS carts require a Chinese iQue DS system. It's the only confirmed use for the ability however.

But anyway. Many games region-lock certain or all multiplayer and/or connectivity features. Like USA Pokemon carts don't link to Japanese GC/Wii games, or vice versa. The Pal Park is also this way.

RaiDesu

Trophies
Website
raimei.comic-era.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe Pal Park is region locked, but the Pokemon forums I've been on confirm that the English D/P connect to English PBR regardless of region.

USA Pokemon Carts don't connect to Japanese GC due to language and feature difference. GBA Pokemon in Japanese still have Ereader XD

darkriku197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to post in this deadish thread but i have an r4 with pokemon diamond(english) and ntsc pokemon battle revolution but the ds will just go to a white screen after trying to connect and just stay there.

darkriku197

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually unless im missing something they didnt say the r4 doesnt work, they said it used to not support download play, which it does now. But i just transferred my pokemon it to my friends diamond and put it on from there, so no prob.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: