Hacking Pokemon Battle JAP and RegionFrii = wii update?

PiNPOiNT

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried patching the JAP version of Pokemon Battle with regionfrii and when it started up it asked if i wanted to commence a wii system update. I can't imagine patching a US system with a jap game could be a good thing, but has anyone tried it?

jmoe316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I wouldn't do it. It's most likely a firmware update to get their Wifi Connection data on the Wii to allow for online gaming.

niklasnyfiken

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If a PAL wii gets updated to the JAP firmware, it's possible that it will only boot JAP games. Which is a good thing if you want to boot JAP and US games on yuor PAL wii and you could then download JAP VC games from the jap VC store. Try it at your own risk. The update may actually fail because it could check your Wii's region and refuse to update it.

elomaniak

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
my PAL wii updated itself when i inserted Elebits

now i tried to insert fruit fall and the game showed up in the disc channel so the upgarde doesnt change the overall region of your wii

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
does pokemon works on a pal wii? or at least asks for the update? i'm willing to try it if the game boots on my pal wii...

WarmWoollySheep

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for being the brave one lenselijer! If it ruins your Wii I'll chip in $5 to get you a new one
tongue.gif

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
xiaNaix at WiiNewz tried it with his Wiikey on a US console and it worked flawlessly.
since the wiikey has inbuilt regio-free it doesn´t need patch.
QUOTE said:
We also tested a wide variety of unpatched Japanese games. All performed exactly as if they were running on a Japanese console with no errors of any kind. Titles included "Wing Island," Kororinpa,"Cooking Mama," "Naruto," "Pokemon Battle Stadium," and "Ennichi No Tatsujin," which can be seen in the video linked at the end of this section.
full review here http://www.ps2-scene.org/forums/reviewz/53...key-review.html

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OK I went ahead and tested it on the wiikey, it asked to update: i pressed OK and it updated fine.

Then i went to start the game but it only gave black screen
cry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol