soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Hello, I'm no as active as I used to be around here and I just got back to playing my Pokemon X so I can finish in time for Pokemon on the switch

but I want to be able to transfer my Pokemon to my other games but my New 3DS XL is only on 11.1.0-34U firmware, don't remember which mod I used but am I able to have Pokemon bank somehow without updating in a way that wont deprive me from my soul?

if not, any other solutions?

Thanks in advance :)

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Figure out what entrypoint you are using and follow the Guide from there to get yourself the most up to date setup
https://3ds.hacks.guide/
It should really only take a few minutes to update to B9S. There's no longer the 2 hour process like before, it's become rather streamlined.
Once you've gotten that finished, update to the latest OFW and just use Pokebank like normal.
The 3DS scene has come quite a long way in recent months, so don't hesitate to ask any questions.

Last edited by The Catboy,

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Figure out what entrypoint you are using and follow the Guide from there to get yourself the most up to date setup
https://3ds.hacks.guide/
It should really only take a few minutes to update to B9S. There's no longer the 2 hour process like before, it's become rather streamlined.
Once you've gotten that finished, update to the latest OFW and just use Pokebank like normal.
The 3DS scene has come quite a long way in recent months, so don't hesitate to ask any questions.
I looked in one of my previous threads and i think it's something with "arm9loaderhax"

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
If you are running A9LH, then you need to start from here
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s
so I just follow this guide step by step?

I used to do a lot of research before every mod I used, just to make sure I wont Brick anything and if something happens I'll know how to fix it

do you know what is different in the knew method that allows me to use the new firmware compared to the previous one?

i just want to to be sure I don't mess anything up

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
so I just follow this guide step by step?

I used to do a lot of research before every mod I used, just to make sure I wont Brick anything and if something happens I'll know how to fix it

do you know what is different in the knew method that allows me to use the new firmware compared to the previous one?

i just want to to be sure I don't mess anything up
I always suggest doing as much research as you need and asking questions before jumping in, so good on you for doing that!
There's basically no risk of bricking and bricks can easily be fixed with NTRBoot* or hardmodding. Since you are upgrading from A9LH, then the process is only a few minutes and there's literally no chance of bricking. The guide is very straightforward and will provide you with all of the files and steps needed.
Well B9S actually uses .firm files, so if you are able to boot into the latest Luma3DS or CFW of your choice, then you got yourself a successful B9S install.

*Another method that requires a flashcart and a magnet, it's detailed in the Guide if you want to do some quick studying on that. If you were into NDS flashcarts, you might even have a cart that can work with it.

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I always suggest doing as much research as you need and asking questions before jumping in, so good on you for doing that!
There's basically no risk of bricking and bricks can easily be fixed with NTRBoot* or hardmodding. Since you are upgrading from A9LH, then the process is only a few minutes and there's literally no chance of bricking. The guide is very straightforward and will provide you with all of the files and steps needed.
Well B9S actually uses .firm files, so if you are able to boot into the latest Luma3DS or CFW of your choice, then you got yourself a successful B9S install.

*Another method that requires a flashcart and a magnet, it's detailed in the Guide if you want to do some quick studying on that. If you were into NDS flashcarts, you might even have a cart that can work with it.
Trying to figure out how i backed up my save file before, but i can't remember how I did it, can you use FBI launcher for that?

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reactions: soulskeeper

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
You should be able to use FBI to install checkpoint, which can backup save files
https://gbatemp.net/threads/checkpoint-a-simple-and-fast-save-manager.485591/
iv'e done everything step by step very simple and straightforward, Thank you very much for your help :D!

do i need to do anything with the lumia launcher? what does it exactly do? does it keep it self updated? do i need to launch it on my on or does it do automatically? if there is a new firmware what should i do?

Both of the CTR still don't work even after the update but i tried checkpoint and it worked wonderfully :D

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
iv'e done everything step by step very simple and straightforward, Thank you very much for your help :D!

do i need to do anything with the lumia launcher? what does it exactly do? does it keep it self updated? do i need to launch it on my on or does it do automatically? if there is a new firmware what should i do?

Both of the CTR still don't work even after the update but i tried checkpoint and it worked wonderfully :D
Luma updater is just an app used to update your current Luma3DS build to the latest version. You do need it to run it whenever you want to update directly from the system itself.
If there is any OFW updates, just watch the threads to see what they changed. They did once add a NATIVE_FIRM requirement that broke the reset function for the new3DS (accidentally might I add,) so something like that is worth looking out for if they actually do update the 3DS in the future.
I am not sure I follow about the CTR or save issue, I think I missed something.

Reactions: soulskeeper

soulskeeper

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Luma updater is just an app used to update your current Luma3DS build to the latest version. You do need it to run it whenever you want to update directly from the system itself.
If there is any OFW updates, just watch the threads to see what they changed. They did once add a NATIVE_FIRM requirement that broke the reset function for the new3DS (accidentally might I add,) so something like that is worth looking out for if they actually do update the 3DS in the future.
I am not sure I follow about the CTR or save issue, I think I missed something.
Ok Thanks ^^!

about the ctr, it doesn't really work anymore, I used it to backup save files but you suggested Checkpoint and it works wonderfully instead :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte