Pokemon Bank updated for Sun/Moon

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    image.jpeg

In another bafflingly quiet Nintendo announcement comes the update for the long-awaited Pokemon Bank. It's now available on the Nintendo e-Shop, requiring a paltry 400 blocks. This update allows for users to import their collection of Pokemon into the latest games in the series. The Poke Transporter application can also let you transfer captures from the Red/Blue/Yellow virtual console release, and transferring them can give players bonuses like perfect IVs and a potential for a hidden ability. If you have a subscription, you'll also get a special Mewnium Z, available for a limited time.

2. Sketchy1

Sketchy1 gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Really?
    Could have sworn by now it already was.
    Plus "limited time".
    We all know we gonna clone that mewmium z :ha:

Also, First!

Last edited by Sketchy1, Jan 25, 2017
    GilgameshArcher likes this.
  3. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Wow. And just to think all those people who got banned because of it. All those pokemans gone.

And a free Mewnium Z. Noice

proflayton123 and el_gonz87 like this.
  4. Alex4U

Alex4U edgy

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    Does any VC Pokémon game worka with Pokébank? :s (i mean works with jp vc, usa vc, spanish vc, etc.?)
    Edit: Of course, only Red, Yellow, Green, and Blue.

Last edited by Alex4U, Jan 25, 2017
  5. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    Sure it was pretty quiet, but kinda expected at the same time, the proof being the reason as to why people with genned Charizards or Blastoises managed to get through the GTS before the Pokebank update was released, so it was kinda like "behind the corner" kind of update, anyway, this will sure change the meta, now that people will bring more pokemon into competitive, things may get an interesting turn

Depending on your region, but I guess Poke Transporter works in any of the official VC Pokemon games, regardless of the language set? that's what I presume (never used Pkbank or Transfer)

Last edited by Demifiend, Jan 25, 2017
    RustInPeace likes this.
  6. Sketchy1

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    People got banned for offering genned blastoises on gts?

7. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    I never heard of such case, far as I know the only full bannings were of those people who connected to online before the official releases of SuMo, but otherwise, no, although it wouldn't be unreasonable for someone to get banned because of that

8. Sketchy1

Aug 9, 2016
    United States
    Ah, OK, I would have been surprised XD

9. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Supposedly all RGBY transfers get their hidden abilities, so No Guard/Fissure Machamp can't exist unfortunately. Need confirmation on this, I don't think you can breed Protean Greninja, I tried to gen 1 with it being from SM, no, it had to be from Gen VI. Maybe I did something wrong. There's no notable change to met location setting for Gen 3-6, I would imagine the met location for VC transfers is just "Poke Transfer," and maybe a "Fateful Encounter" bit, that's how it is with Colosseum/XD transfers.

Xabring likes this.
  10. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Damn double post. Well I'm going to have to start playing RBY and farm for bottle caps, can finally patch some shoddy IVs on some Gen VI legendary captures.

Last edited by RustInPeace, Jan 25, 2017
  11. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    First of all, if the GTS tells you that you can't bring this Pokemon, then that is clear, you can't, most genners do not try to go beyond that over because that would be either impossible or if you manage to do that, you get full banned, but if the Pokemon you're posting is somehow allowed then that means Nintendo & Game Freak authorized the use of that specific pokemon to be held at a GTS trade, that's why I don't think there should have been any bannings because of that (Even if those Kanto pokemon were clearly genned)

12. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    Did you mean to quote me?

13. noctis90210

noctis90210 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2013
    So does this contain the national dex of gen 1-7?

14. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    We need to know if Missingno can be transferred over to gen 7 I doubt it but man it would be cool.

15. Demifiend

Demifiend The bored one

Mar 20, 2015
    No, you can't, people tried to export the glitched method mew to get transferred and the transfer said "nope" and even if you did managed to do so, I think you would get the data of missingno turned into another Pokemon altogether, most likely a Kanghaskan or a Nidoqueen

16. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Yeah if you evolved a missingno it would evolve into a Kangaskhan

17. Tigran

Tigran GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Does anyone know, if you've been banned on a 3Ds and then unbanned yourself, if you can log into Pokemon bank? Cause I -think- I remember being able to enter a NNID on it and not use the one on the system.

18. Alex4U

Alex4U edgy

Jan 6, 2016
    Mexico
    with Snivy, Mystery Zone (Adress 0x00)
    I think no, it's like in Gold/Silver/Crystal, doesn't trade missingno.

19. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Just to add, guaranteed minimum of 3 max IVs for RGBY transfers, uhhh, nature is determined by EXP % 25, basically just look at SciresM's twitter, a lot more interesting info. They put the kibosh on illegal shiny versions of ORAS Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza and Deoxys. In ORAS, making them shiny still retains tradeability. Here, no more, had to make a shiny Rayquaza from Gen 3. All that Poke Miles saving up the last 2 years is going to pay off, over 3000 BP to claim from Bank, able to send to Sun/Moon, aw yis.

tommikinder and Chary like this.
  20. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Fake News Reporter

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Does it work with custom VC injects?

21. Guipradi

Guipradi GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2016
    It's hard to tell as glitch Mew is not transferable, I might see if a legality checker on MEW would work or if the Japanese event Mew can work too