Pokemon Bank to give Gen VII starters with hidden abilities to subscribers

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Chary, Mar 12, 2018.

Front-page
    IMG_7114.JPG

If you have a subscription to Pokemon Bank, then you're in luck, as there's a new giveaway to those who use the service. If you have Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, or Ultra Moon, you can get three free Pokemon; Decidueye, Incineroar, and Primarina. What's more, is that these Pokemon all come with their hidden abilities, too. If you log into Pokemon Bank before October 31, 2018, you can choose to receive all three creatures to your game, via Mystery Gift. If you don't have Pokemon Bank, it costs $4.99 a year to subscribe.

:arrow: Source

Discussion (24 replies)
  1. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 20, 2010
    Serbia, Republic of
    Its 'Wii', not 'Vii'.

Spectral Blizzard likes this.
  2. Spectral Blizzard

Spectral Blizzard GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist

Banned
    Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    Wait, Pokemon Bank existed for more than a year?
    Wow.

3. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2012
    United States
  4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Why are you surprised? at 232 bytes * 3000 pokemon for 5 dollars a year, it's probably the most profitable cloud storage service ever!

fadx likes this.
  5. Jordy19

Jordy19 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2015
    Netherlands
    Fantastic, thanks for the head-ups.

Chary likes this.
  6. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

GBAtemp Patron
    AaronUzumaki is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 8, 2009
    United States
    Akron, Ohio
    Yeah, I popped on last Thursday and it was like, here's a Decidueye. I'm like, "cool," then it was like here's an Incineroar too, and Primarina. Caught me way off guard to be sure.

7. RustInPeace

RustInPeace Samurai Cop

Oct 13, 2014
    United States
    Your "Never sleeps" MO had caused you to be several days late on this development. Tsk tsk.

8. Darkyose

Darkyose Mysterious

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Home Alone Somewhere.
    Except I don't have money.

9. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    shame my 3ds got banned, and i cant use pokebank any more

10. SG854

SG854 Member 옷

Feb 17, 2017
    Finland
    Stupid Chinese

Stick it to the man. Pokegen them bitches. Revenge against Nintendo's Evil plans.

11. Flame

Flame Me > You

GBAtemp Patron
    Flame is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 15, 2008
    i i captain

12. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    "Gotta Catch 'Em All" I, I can't - Half of them only where available as limited events *scnr*

I know they even made that in the first gen with Mew, but come on I hear about that much exclusive Pokémon - despite the fact that I'm not into this franchise anymore since ages - that it's hard to believe for me that there is any bank account or cardridge out there with all of them. Seems they got really wild about it.

13. Darkyose

Darkyose Mysterious

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Home Alone Somewhere.
    I'm there too...

14. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Their's only actually only a few Pokemon which are truly event only. Nintendo gave most of the event only obtainable Pokemon away for the 20th Anniversary in 2016 so it's not really that hard to obtain them all if your willing to put some effort in. Even if you don't know anyone locally to trade with plenty of people are trading on Reddit and helping each other out. It would be no fun trading if one game gave every single Pokemon out.

To be honest you can still obtain quite a few of Pokemon which are usually event only by playing older games. You can get Mew from My Pokémon Ranch, Celebi from Crystal on the 3DS Virtual Console, Jirachi from the Pokemon Colosseum Bonus disc, Deoxys on Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire and so on.

I'm not really a hardcore gamer, however enjoy the franchise and have managed to get all 806 Pokemon by just playing the game casually in my free time. The only one I need is the currently unreleased Zeraora.

VitaType likes this.
  15. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 11, 2015
    Germany
    Only once for a specific game or for multiple games?

16. yusuo

yusuo Jam Master Jay

Oct 19, 2006
    United States
    I got bored and done the math, with an investment of under £100 for a 4tb drive roughly 630153 people can use pokebank, off that same £100 investment Nintendo can pocket roughly £3,144,463 in fees from said subscribers. Yes that's over 3 million off that initial £100 investment.

Ryccardo likes this.
  17. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    In all previous Pokebank events you simply got them one each uploaded to your cloud boxes, of course from there you can move them to all games you have in turn

18. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    United States
    That's not true at all. Previous events got downloaded to the first game cartridge/digital copy that accepted them. This one is no different. They can only be redeemed by one game.

19. Ryccardo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    I remember them being put in my online boxes, and from there I could of course move (never said "copy") them to any arbitrary number of games...