Pokemon Bank Not Accepting Account Renewal

CoffeeOwl88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know that the eShop will shut down next year, and Nintendo said back in February of this year that Pokemon Bank will still work after that, and that it will also be free. Right now, it still requires you to pay for it so you can use it. I try adding funds, but Nintendo no longer allows you to purchase gift cards for the 3DS, or to add funds to your eShop account in any way. So as of right now, I can retrieve Pokemon from the Poke Bank, but I can't deposit any, making it difficult to transfer my Pokemon from one game to another. Am I missing something here? Can't they at least accept my money for now so I can get full access to Pokemon Bank until it is free?

CoffeeOwl88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get that they're not taking any money right now. But what I was trying to ask is that they have mentioned the Pokemon Bank will be free. I assume that it means I will be able to use all its features without paying for anything. So why restrict the option for me to deposit Pokemon until next year? Just doesn't make any sense. I've resorted to just using PKhex, it's way more inconvenient but I don't see a resolution to this.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get that they're not taking any money right now. But what I was trying to ask is that they have mentioned the Pokemon Bank will be free. I assume that it means I will be able to use all its features without paying for anything. So why restrict the option for me to deposit Pokemon until next year? Just doesn't make any sense. I've resorted to just using PKhex, it's way more inconvenient but I don't see a resolution to this.
Because you can still technically make payments to the account using the online site for now. meaning nintendo has every right to do as they want. Just wait it out like everyone else, pay for it, or go complain to nintendo.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I know that the eShop will shut down next year, and Nintendo said back in February of this year that Pokemon Bank will still work after that, and that it will also be free. Right now, it still requires you to pay for it so you can use it. I try adding funds, but Nintendo no longer allows you to purchase gift cards for the 3DS, or to add funds to your eShop account in any way. So as of right now, I can retrieve Pokemon from the Poke Bank, but I can't deposit any, making it difficult to transfer my Pokemon from one game to another. Am I missing something here? Can't they at least accept my money for now so I can get full access to Pokemon Bank until it is free?
Based on this page: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-...vices-will-be-available-at-no-cost-to-players

On March 27, 2023, Pokémon Bank’s paid passes were no longer offered for purchase, at which time Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter were no longer available to download (officially anyway, fans of this website might disagree on that matter). On that same day, Trainers were able to start using Pokémon Bank at no cost. However, in order to use the free version, you must be enrolled in a paid Pokémon HOME Premium Plan to do so.

So it would seem you can start using Pokemon Bank for free as far back as late March, so long as you pay for Pokemon Home's Premium Plan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over