Pokemon B/W: Possible to extract game sync ID?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by gumbyx84, Nov 5, 2011.

1. gumbyx84
    OP

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm trying to figure out if its possible to extract a Global Link Game Sync ID from a game save then inject it into a new one. I want to start my game over (as most people do), but I don't want to loss all my progress in the DW. I'd also like to inject it into ROM Hacks for the same reason. I didn't think to make a backup of my save file when I started because I didn't think Nintendo would be so anal about it (yes, I should have know better). Anyone know if this is possible?

2. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well yeah, that information has to be stored in the save somewhere. Doubt anybody has looked for it though.

Not sure if I understand what you're asking because it sounds like you still have the save in which case I don't understand why you wouldn't just copy it to your new game.

3. gumbyx84
    OP

Member gumbyx84 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I want a clean save on my actual White cart so I can replay it, but don't want to lose access to my DW account.

4. DarkStriker

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    I dont think there exist any program that can change your sync ID on a savefile yet, but the sync ID is indeed stored inside the .sav file. You might want to ask people that knows how .sav file stores this ID and how to edit it in PokemonCommunity.

5. Poryhack

Member Poryhack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Afraid I don't know how to help you then.