Gaming Pokemon AR Hunter and Pokedex 3D Pro

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought it was free?
Also what does this mean for flashcard users?
if BW2 can call from the 3ds section does that mean flashcards won't support this feature if it is played on a 3ds?
or could it be possible to say that it was just a lie, or they were ignorantly spouting nonsense, when people said that ds games couldn't draw extra power from a 3ds sect when playing?
I don't really understand what goes on when this game is playing but imagine in the months it is released it will be studied.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I thought it was free?
Also what does this mean for flashcard users?
if BW2 can call from the 3ds section does that mean flashcards won't support this feature if it is played on a 3ds?
or could it be possible to say that it was just a lie, or they were ignorantly spouting nonsense, when people said that ds games couldn't draw extra power from a 3ds sect when playing?
I don't really understand what goes on when this game is playing but imagine in the months it is released it will be studied.
Flashcarts run on DS mode.

This is probably some DSi enhanced feature just like the Xtransceiver.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah so this is closer to a dsi enhanced game or watever ok
also looked up the price, not too happy I have to pay so much for a pokedex and an add-on for a ds game. a rough estimate would be that together it's going to cost $12~$17 total.

*edit- I read through on a translation of the vlog and it says the original will stop being offered before the release of the pro version. doesn't htat just mean Nintendo has been letting early adopters of the 3ds Beta test this newer version? It could also mean the people who already have it can update it as the 3ds allows for patching of games.

Now that I think about it hasn't Nintendo been letting early customers "beta test" everything they've released so far? The ambassador program is nothing more than a test for possible bugs and such, as it released incomplete versions of the system's VC and it also seems they are having us test the Nintendo network for them on Mario Kart 7 and such.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would have been nice if the AR Shooter game was given as a pre-order bonus for those who pre-order the Black & White 2 game and those who don't have to purchase it, but oh well. I will pick up both regardless and I agree the Pokedex Pro should be a free upgrade to the Pokedex 3D.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
First off, the first Pokedex 3D was free because it was limited. The Pro version will have every pokemon to date, plus BW2 pokemons. Those are a lot, and expecting that to be free is... rather cheap.

Second, I think the way they'll do this is that the AR Searcher app looks for the cartridge and inserts whatever pokemon you caught into the save file. The app will have access to the cartridge, not the other way around.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First off, the first Pokedex 3D was free because it was limited. The Pro version will have every pokemon to date, plus BW2 pokemons. Those are a lot, and expecting that to be free is... rather cheap.

Second, I think the way they'll do this is that the AR Searcher app looks for the cartridge and inserts whatever pokemon you caught into the save file. The app will have access to the cartridge, not the other way around.
Yes, likely the same way that Diamond and Pearl could access the GBA games and alter their save data, effectively making a copy of pokémon entries from the GBA game save, putting them on the DS, and then deleting said entries from the GBA save.

Or the same way that a DS system wirelessly communicating with Black/White could read the DS slot with Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold or Soul Silver and again, alter the save data and read entries from the cartridge, and transmit them to Black or White (after clearing a mini-game)

LTK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country

I don't think slightly animated 3D models should qualify as a paid for game that's all. Undoubtedly a lot of work went into creating them, but if they are stand alone with no decent features added I can't see a justification for charging money for it.

Reactions: 1 person

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cuz da professors aren't good with technology
besides I'm pretty sure if pokedex had to run those extra features, its battery life would be as long a the 3ds or a smartphone
lol imagine ash pulling his pokedex out to see who that pokemon is while everyone's watching and he fails

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country

I don't think slightly animated 3D models should qualify as a paid for game that's all. Undoubtedly a lot of work went into creating them, but if they are stand alone with no decent features added I can't see a justification for charging money for it.
It's an app, not a game. Let's get that straight. People are paying for sketchbooks and alarm clocks and calculators, so why not pay for a full fledged 3D Pokedex? was it because the first Pokedex3D was free? there's definite value there, worth paying for, even if you can't see it or cannot (or refuse to) justify it.

not everything is a rip-off. but we'll see when that thing is priced on the eShop.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The AR hunter reminds me of this Digimon-ish handheld by the name of Treasure Gaust (and upon googling just now, apparently there are DS games too though it was only released in Japan. Why am I not surprised...) Ahhh sure brings back memories. I wouldn't really mind paying for the AR hunter as long it is not priced ridiculously. :P

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you think the app will be just for Black 2/White 2?

The app could theoretically be more than that, or updated later when a new Pokemon game comes out for the 3DS.

I'll likely buy it on at least one unit. Probably 2 since I'll buy both games.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm mainly excited for the AR Searcher, as it seems similar to a Gen5 Pokewalker.
You Know. I have never understood why they always seem to have a Pokewalker or a PokeWatch or something. Why don't they just make the Pokedexs come with these built in?
Well, in BW2's case, it's a DS game. So no 3D Pokedex built in.

AlanWeird

Trophies
XP
Country
I found it cool. Full polygonal models of all the pokemon? Big hint for me that maybe the 3ds's first pokemon game will have decent combat graphics for a change.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: