Hacking Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

athrun5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is likely a really dumb question but I made a fair amount of progress and I am on Eur which isn't my region so my question is, can you use the save on a eur for us roms.

Also I want to ask if you can use the online features of games that arent your region?

Also off topic question, to update emunad I need to go to system update when I got the gw3d beside my firmware right.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-No, the saves aren't interchangable between regions.
-Yes, you can play online with a game from a different region. You gotta change the game's extension from 3ds to 3dz and inject a valid header though (alternatively you could simply install the CIA).
-Yes, just make sure you don't exit system settings before you update, exiting will return you to sysnand, which is something you don't want to update.

athrun5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Yes, you can play online with a game from a different region. You gotta change the game's extension from 3ds to 3dz and inject a valid header though (alternatively you could simply install the CIA).
Either that or just download a patched copy?
Also what do you mean install the CIA, when you use a normal retail copy does it install a cia like a special permission on your 3ds that lets you play online or is this something else.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either that or just download a patched copy?
Also what do you mean install the CIA, when you use a normal retail copy does it install a cia like a special permission on your 3ds that lets you play online or is this something else.

If you can find one patched then sure.
CIA is pretty much a stripped down 3ds file
http://3dbrew.org/wiki/CIA
You gotta convert the game to a CIA file (changing the extension won't work of course) and then install with devmenu. There is a guide here floating around explaining how to do that. You could also just find the game in CIA format which would be the easier thing to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hii