Hardware Pokemon 3DS XL Firmware

stevenc1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Until the 3DS updates to the point that the R4 stops updating, upon which point the R4 will stop playing DS games on that 3DS. Like we've seen happen multiple times already.

my plan is to just buy a cheap card for now and wait for gateway to be more developed (ie support 6.x.x) then just buy that and not update 3ds xl firmware for now

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the Pokemon 3DS XL having 6.1, It would actually make sense for X/Y to use 6.1 also. of course that does not matter to people as much as it having AP, which I see 0 reason for it to not to have AP. Im sure Nintendo is actively testing different AP methods that cause the game to fail on the Gateway as we speak.

stevenc1988: I tried the cheaper alternative before (the AK2i) and it backfired on me pretty quickly as Nintendo fully blocked the card on 4.4 and I am stuck with a 20$ card that now only works in my DS Lite :/ . I should have gotten the DS2, but I know better now.

stevenc1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
with the Pokemon 3DS XL having 6.1, It would actually make sense for X/Y to use 6.1 also. of course that does not matter to people as much as it having AP, which I see 0 reason for it to not to have AP. Im sure Nintendo is actively testing different AP methods that cause the game to fail on the Gateway as we speak.

stevenc1988: I tried the cheaper alternative before (the AK2i) and it backfired on me pretty quickly as Nintendo fully blocked the card on 4.4 and I am stuck with a 20$ card that now only works in my DS Lite :/ . I should have gotten the DS2, but I know better now.

Thank you for the info, now i have a better understanding :). I will just not upgrade my 3ds xl for now. I'll know to get dsTWO if i ever need another

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1