Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys! I need some help.
I have two o3ds:

1º) Sysnand on 8.1 - no pokemon updates / Browser RAM injection working 100%
2º) Sysnand on 9.6 - with 1.2 oras update

I use a pokemon OR retail card on both systems.
If I update my second o3ds to oras 1.3 update, can i still use my retail card on my first 3ds? Or the game will demand a game update?

thanks, and sorry for my bad english :yaynds:

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! I need some help.
I have two o3ds:

1º) Sysnand on 8.1 - no pokemon updates / Browser RAM injection working 100%
2º) Sysnand on 9.6 - with 1.2 oras update

I use a pokemon OR retail card on both systems.
If I update my second o3ds to oras 1.3 update, can i still use my retail card on my first 3ds? Or the game will demand a game update?

thanks, and sorry for my bad english :yaynds:

Yes.

You just won't be able to go online on the first 3DS, but you'll use that for your injections.
You're second 3DS will be able to go online, but can't use injections.

The game updates like 1.3 are stored on the SD card and not applied to the game.

HEX1GON

YEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSS
Trophies
XP
Country
Issue I had was a retail card, and the update will only work in classic mode - of which classic mode on my 4.5 doesn't have 7x encryption.
I have a retail card of OR, but I basically dumped my save with Powersaves,

Then with partial decryption, used the keystream to completely decrypt the save and throw it into savedatafiler.
Dump my personal ROM, along with the header and now I'm perfectly online with the update. :)

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Just out of wonder - the game says that there's a new version available each time I launch it, and I can update by pressing Y. I'm assuming doing that will also update the firmware, right? Even though it doesn't go into the eShop directly when it downloads it?

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I created my Emunand using rxTools and I update it to 9.6E. I can access eshop without troubles and I just downloaded Pokemon Shuffle.
But I've got a last question... If I download the Pokemon OR 1.3 update on the Emunand, I will be able to play online on Emunand. (seems normal)
What about sysnand and the game? Is the game update "efficient" on sysnand after the update from the Emunand? Or I will have 1.3 update on Emunand and 1.2 update on sysnand?

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
I created my Emunand using rxTools and I update it to 9.6E. I can access eshop without troubles and I just downloaded Pokemon Shuffle.
But I've got a last question... If I download the Pokemon OR 1.3 update on the Emunand, I will be able to play online on Emunand. (seems normal)
What about sysnand and the game? Is the game update "efficient" on sysnand after the update from the Emunand? Or I will have 1.3 update on Emunand and 1.2 update on sysnand?

I'm pretty sure this questions been asked and answered a million times, but here's to one more.

The Pokemon ORAS update is installed to the SD, not the game cartridge.
Therefore, only EmuNAND will see the game update (1.3) and thus be capable of online.
System NAND is separate and will have whatever updates you've installed under System NAND.
If you've installed any game updates under System NAND it is easy enough to remove by deleting it from the SD.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Basically it patches the QR codes so you can't use PkHex unless you have a flashcart.

Source

Technically, it doesn't patch QR codes. However downloading the patch requires updating system firmware which effectively blocks the QR code stuff because the browser will get updated and block the web exploits. If somehow you can get the patch downloaded/installed on a firmware that still has exploitable web browser, then the patch doesn't actually block the qr code stuff. But for most people it effectively does because they can't go online with their games without updating the games and updating the games requires updating system firmware. ;)

Mr.Kite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Technically, it doesn't patch QR codes. However downloading the patch requires updating system firmware which effectively blocks the QR code stuff because the browser will get updated and block the web exploits. If somehow you can get the patch downloaded/installed on a firmware that still has exploitable web browser, then the patch doesn't actually block the qr code stuff. But for most people it effectively does because they can't go online with their games without updating the games and updating the games requires updating system firmware. ;)

But let's suppose that you can download the 1.3 update as a CIA and then install it on 9.5 emuNAND. In that case, would you be able to go online in ORAS? I know you couldn't use the eshop since you're not on 9.6, but does Pokemon itself only check its own version for online play or does it check both its own version and your firmware version?

Mr.Kite

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But let's suppose that you can download the 1.3 update as a CIA and then install it on 9.5 emuNAND. In that case, would you be able to go online in ORAS? I know you couldn't use the eshop since you're not on 9.6, but does Pokemon itself only check its own version for online play or does it check both its own version and your firmware version?

I just tried it and can answer my own question. Only the version of the Pokemon game matters for using online features. So if you can find and install the relevant CIA patch for 1.3, then you're good to go even on 9.5 emuNAND.

SammyPoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Well if the lag isn't fixed I see nothing new here, as long as I can keep getting my 'legit' shines I don't see a reason to update. . .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker