I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well I got Gateway and SaveDataFiler, so the patch won't get in my way. :evil:

FYI, once I finally get the Alpha Sapphire patch downloaded from CDN I plan to release it at the usual place. I'd have it downloaded by now if my internet wasn't so ***tty. :(

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FYI, once I finally get the Alpha Sapphire patch downloaded from CDN I plan to release it at the usual place. I'd have it downloaded by now if my internet wasn't so ***tty. :(

could you please verify if they patched the QR code exploits (Internet ones for pkhex) in the new update ?

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
guys, just use FunkyCIA.
you can use an 'old' ticket for new content.
if you already have a legit ticket for a pokemon update, the new cia made by FunkyCIA will work in classic mode for you.
you don't need to mess around with ticket.db injection lol, because (i assume) most of you already have a legit pokemon update ticket.

if you don't use FunkyCIA and just cobble together the content from your sd card into a cia, then it will not work in classic mode even if you have a legit ticket - i'm pretty sure

-edit - because remember, the title key for all the same content is the same.
that is why after getting a ticket for themes (dlc), we can get all the updates for those themes.
it's the same with updates, if you have a ticket for 1.1 pokemon x, you can use it to still make cias that would be legit, for 1.2 and 1.3
you don't get a new ticket, or at least, it is not required :)

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this mean they finally fixed the lag?
that would require rewriting the whole engine the games use
and lets be frank it's game freak, they didn't bother with it when or/as was released on the x/y engine and most likely the next pkm game will reuse the same laggy engine

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States

CDN can download game patches? I thought it could only do system updates.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure we need this update to play online?

I did a hour of wonder trading a couple hours and it was working perfectly.

I was using my actual cart in classic mode if that matters.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
FunkyCIA seems like it's able to pull tickets from ticket.db file and is an alternative to the cdnto3ds python script which is definitely showing it's age.

I just used rxTools to dump my ticket.db once i had downloaded the patch in my 9.6 emunand. Then I roll back that emunand to 9.5 so Gateway will still work. Then used Decrypt9 to decrypt the title keys so I can generate a decTitleKeys.bin file for use with the printkeys python script. (for some reason the title keys decrypted direct from rxTools doesn't work with this python script, otherwise I'd skip using Decrypt9 entirely)

From there I just use that above mentioned python script to download it using the title ticket (or key. I keep switching between the two terms. :P )

I made two CIAs. The one it automatically made which I believe has my title key so it's a legit CIA tied to my console and a second built from the "decrypted" CXI (the .dec file it generated) which isn't fully decrypted, but should be installable on other 3DS consoles. That one is the one I'll make public. ;)

I just now got it downloaded. CDN just doesn't get along with my internet for some reason as I had to restart the download a few times because it kept getting cut off. So annoying. :P

EDIT: Lol technically I didn't even need to do all of this. Apparently after I rolled emunand back to 9.5, the new patch installed to SD card STILL WORKS! (and I know this because it said 1.3 in the save load screen in Alpha Sapphire) Which perhaps makes me believe the patches use the same title key as the last version of the patch? Interesting. Though if you never installed any of the updates from eShop in the first place you will be in for the more complicated method of getting them.

So for the rest of you...just download the update in rxMode CFW (go to system settings and update first. Don't update emunand using eShop. I've heard mixed results about that. Of coarse backup your 9.5 emunand first) Once it's installed roll that sucker back to 9.5 and there you go. You updated your pokemon gamez. :P

For n3DS users with NAND mods, the process is a bit more complicated. If you had installed at least one update for all your pokemon games, this should work for you too. Just flash your current emunand over to sysnand. Then update it to 9.6. Then download the updates. Then restore your sysnand backup. Boom. You got the updates installed! Note that you must have a NAND mod if you have a n3DS because 9.6 for n3DS fixed the crypto and it will be a long time before 9.6 will boot in emunand. You will instead have to run your current emunand on sysnand and update it there. This is why a nand mod is needed so that you can downgrade back to 9.2 fw to restore your exploit entry points.

Note the above would only work if you had installed at least one of the previous updates of your target games from the eShop. Patches you downloaded from romz sites don't generate legit tickets, so yeah, that won't work in this case. :P

Reactions: Monty Kensicle

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
so you can use cdn(dont even know what this is) to get eshop stuff with out updating?

yes, if your situation is like i said. if you have a ticket for pokemon x update 1.1, you can use it to get the files for 1.2, 1.3.. etc
if what you want is new and you do not already have a ticket, sure, you need to access eshop and first get that ticket :)

this information wasn't new (about the same title key being used for all versions of a content)
as i said above, it how we can nicely easily use FunkyCIA with one theme ticket, to continually grab the latest pack of themes from CDN :)

Leslie White

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the N3DS with Gateway 3.1.1 and emunand 9.5

If i do the ORAS 1.3 update through a CIA file, will I still be able to export my ORAS save through savedatafiler, then modify this save with pkhex and import the save back in my ORAS game ? thanks for the answer

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, if your situation is like i said. if you have a ticket for pokemon x update 1.1, you can use it to get the files for 1.2, 1.3.. etc
if what you want is new and you do not already have a ticket, sure, you need to access eshop and first get that ticket :)

this information wasn't new (about the same title key being used for all versions of a content)
as i said above, it how we can nicely easily use FunkyCIA with one theme ticket, to continually grab the latest pack of themes from CDN :)

I've got a retail cart of Omega Ruby and have not installed any updates whatsoever - not used any online features yet. Will the method you're talking about still work? Heck, is there any way I can get online with my retail cart and still take advantage of the QR fiasco?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: