Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm excited!

North America only.

Pokedex 3D

thumb_1_1_2_3_4_5_6_7_8_9_10_11_12_13_14_15_16_17_18_19_20_21_22_23_24_25_26_27_28_29_30_31_32_33_34_35_36_37_38_39_40_41_42_43_44_45_46_47_48_49_50_51_52_53_54.jpg

- features all Pokemon from Black/White
- more than 150 Pokémon and their moves
- uses SpotPass and Augmented Reality
- app is free
- start with 16 Pokémon
- unlock the remaining Pokédex entries by scanning QR Codes, using SpotPass or by trading data with friends
- SpotPass allows for up to three random Pokémon a day)
- view each Pokémon in 3D, and rotate them a full 360 degrees
- features filters and bookmarking capabilities
- display Pokémon in pictures taken via the 3DS Camera

More Screens Here

Excite Bike 3D
- free for a limited time
- enhanced NES port
- features two racing modes
- race alone for the best time
- race rivals to get first place
- save up to 32 tracks made in the track editor
- view the action in 3D
- adjust 3D in-game or with slider
- length of time to download for free was not specified
- available at 3DS eShop launch

More Info Here

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
wiibob said:
Excite Bike 3D

I can't believe they are so greedy they want to make money even on this extremely simple game.
How many free games are the in Android & iPhone stores ?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
pachura said:
wiibob said:
Excite Bike 3D

I can't believe they are so greedy they want to make money even on this extremely simple game.
How many free games are the in Android & iPhone stores ?
I'm sure 'free for a limited time' is a market technique to attract people to buy the 3DS before it's too late.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they put out new "free for a limited time" things every couple of months.

The difference between the E-Shop and the app store is that consoles are expected to last for up to 6 years before a viable replacement appears, whereas phones are expected to last 18 months before they are out-done and nearly obsolete- not every app compatible with an I-phone 4 will be compatible with the i-phone 6 3d mkII wonderhorse in 2 years time, so it is more in Apple's best interests to offer you freebies as you will be less annoyed that something you have paid for no longer works on your shiny new device.

Presumably this pokedex thing is not compatible with the DS games?

wiibob

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:
Presumably this pokedex thing is not compatible with the DS games?
It would be nice but im guessing not. It looks like they are trying to do the spot pass thing like they did with find mii, Where you find people with other Pokemon while passing them on the street. It would make sense to import your pokedex from previous files but it doesn't look like they are going in that direction sadly
frown.gif

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I want as much free stuff as is humanly possible to obtain!

With these two things we are already better off for freebies than ever we were as Wii owners....

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Weaselpipe said:
I hope they put out new "free for a limited time" things every couple of months.

The difference between the E-Shop and the app store is that consoles are expected to last for up to 6 years before a viable replacement appears, whereas phones are expected to last 18 months before they are out-done and nearly obsolete- not every app compatible with an I-phone 4 will be compatible with the i-phone 6 3d mkII wonderhorse in 2 years time, so it is more in Apple's best interests to offer you freebies as you will be less annoyed that something you have paid for no longer works on your shiny new device.

I think you're wrong.
Apple understands that freebies are a win-win situation: it costs them nothing to put them on iTunes, consumers are happy because they can have fun stuff for free, and developers are popularizing their brands. The general attractiveness of the console increases.

Also, I don't understand the part of "something you have paid for no longer works" - if you've installed an app on your iPhone, it's there, and it won't disappear just because Apple releases a new phone model !?

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
pachura said:
Also, I don't understand the part of "something you have paid for no longer works" - if you've installed an app on your iPhone, it's there, and it won't disappear just because Apple releases a new phone model !?

I mean that once you've upgraded to your new phone, keeping the old one going to play games only will be quite annoying (I am not speaking from personal experience, just from hearing Apple-addict friends in the pub bitching that some of their favourite software was not compatible with 4- obviously if you keep your old phone and don't upgrade you'll be fine!).

In my humble- and probably very wrong- opinion, Apps are essentially digital ephemera, but a good console game is for life

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neither thing is worth it to me. I hope they have some decent purchasable games at release, but I guess you get what you pay for, free in this case. I just hope the webbrowser comes in it too

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand how people think the pokedex is shit. It makes use of two key aspects of the 3ds. Streetpass and 3D.

EDIT: add the fact that is FREE means you don't have a good reason to complain

And I haven't played excitebike before, only a clone on the GBC so I'm very... excited about this

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
I don't understand how people think the pokedex is shit. It makes use of two key aspects of the 3ds. Streetpass and 3D. And I haven't played excitebike before, only a clone on the GBC so I'm very... excited about this
its just pokemon in 3d to collect via street pass, no gameplay or anything. Unless you are loonie about pokemon or something I dont see the point, I mean only pokemon I owned was the GB one blue version the rest are just the same thing again with more collecting and such features wich are the ones I dont like in my rpgs, specially the limitation of not using your whole party vs whole party. This app is the same game just remove the worldmap,fights and plot.

Played excitebike to much on nes its a stupidly simple game with (at that time) the ability to create your own tracks.

Again unless you like pokemon the app is a waste of space in the 3ds, excitebike will get boring extremely fast and deleted, perhaps a platformer, a chatting app, or a game with replay value say make a bittrip 3d that randomly makes tracks to the songs you put in your 3ds and it might be more interesting,

Im just hoping some of the paid apps are good

We cant complain about the free aps but we can say what we think about them, if the paid apps follow the same road the console will be meh, im hoping they improve on the massive collection of good ds games. Only good thing till now is the megaman game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.